Manly needs a culture change

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The problems the process. If the NRL could find a way to mimic the EPL and have a window for transfers, a lot of the angst would be over. It requires leadership and we all know that's lacking. I too would like to see what each player is getting across the whole of the registered players in the NRL. Then we wouldn't have had Lockyer on 250K. The punters wouldn't stand for that corrupt rubbish, which I'm sure continues today. I'm all for transparency.

DSM5 said:
The problems the process. If the NRL could find a way to mimic the EPL and have a window for transfers, a lot of the angst would be over. It requires leadership and we all know that's lacking. I too would like to see what each player is getting across the whole of the registered players in the NRL. Then we wouldn't have had Lockyer on 250K. The punters wouldn't stand for that corrupt rubbish, which I'm sure continues today. I'm all for transparency.
It's happening today right in front of us. That's why Foran's going to the dogs for the 'same' amount of money.

DSM5 said:
The problems the process. If the NRL could find a way to mimic the EPL and have a window for transfers, a lot of the angst would be over.

bazeagle said:
Thats spot on DSM5 - really well expressed and fully accurate.

So your in agreeance with the views expressed earlier in the thread that its the responsibility of the games administrators as opposed to the Manly club ?

bazeagle said:
Manly's culture is stuck. Stuck in Des's old school world of secrecy and under the damn radar. Stuff it. Why can't the club move into reality and A) Publish injury status updates on a regular basis and B)Level with the fans on player contract's - Foran's being a classic case in point. It's time to move forward out of the control freaky Des Hasler led past.

With ya there BAZ. The sooner we move forward from the Hasler era, the better for the club.

They're not holding back on an announcement because of the game coming up. What difference would it make either way. This is just another premiership game as important as every other game and after this one we have 16 more to play. Nothing has been announced because he hasn't signed with anyone yet. The clubs are waiting on Foz. They have put their offers to him and neither is going to release details of the offers before or after a decision has been made. No one ever has or ever will because it is confidential between player and club.

This is no by product of the Hasler years, it is a by product of professional sport. You do not want to give any more information than necessary, lest we give an advantage to the opposition. This is no more evident than in the tired cliche laden interviews that take place on a daily basis.

We have no right to know what is going on, it is a "nice to have" but it certainly does not enrich your life knowing these things.

bazeagle said:
Ha interesting. You guys are itching to find a hole in my argument. Whatever.
My suggestion: A decision is expected on the Foran contractual situation straight after the Dgs match because the club and Keiran are committed to not destabilising the build up to this important match.

btw the reason I picked this one as a suggestion is that I believe he is gone and will announce it after the game.

Happy now KE and SER8?

And what exactly would that statement achieve baz? What happens if there is a last minute snag and the decision doesn't come after the match? Will the fans go into panic mode?

Jatz Crackers said:
DSM5 said:
The problems the process. If the NRL could find a way to mimic the EPL and have a window for transfers, a lot of the angst would be over.

bazeagle said:
Thats spot on DSM5 - really well expressed and fully accurate.

So your in agreeance with the views expressed earlier in the thread that its the responsibility of the games administrators as opposed to the Manly club ?
Jatz you're way too obvious. I'm not going to fall into the Gallop trap. To answer your question, the issue as I see it is mainly at Manly which is in the title of the original thread.
However there does seem to be a culture of secrecy amongst other clubs, some more so than others.

Mad Marcus - it would achieve more transparency and openness which would make me and possibly other fans happy. I hate the not knowing all the time.

To be fair I think most clubs operate behind a veil of secrecy regarding contract negotiations and injuries....so how do we make ourselves more transparent without disadvantaging ourselves ?

Maybe the club should release a statement saying Tooves will break Kieren Foran's legs if he doesn't sign with Manly by Friday.

That would kill two birds with one stone.

Contract negotiations will never be open to public scrutiny

Re injuries it is the only thing thatreally annoys me about our club.Hasler and Smith are the worst culprits with their cloak and dagger stuff.Professional football sides will always prepare for the opposition on the basis of the best players will be playing in key positions if their is a doubt on their fitness.

The only people who are effected are the fans,particularly youngsters who attend games at high cost to their parents in the misguided hope that they will see the actual players in the program.A recent Gosford game springs to mind in particular.

The teams should be announced on Thursday with emergencies and fines like AFL and the process should be open and transparent and in good faith as per James Hird a few weeks ago who noted that the no one benefitted re the cloak and dagger stuff and the fans were the loser.

Great great post Susan. Your posts are always on the money. Maybe it's asking too much for player contract updates and more info. But injuries updates = for sure.

Jatz Crackers said:
bazeagle said:
Your assessment bud.

You can take comfort in the fact Im not going to offer you someone elses.

bazeagle said:
Open to debate.

No thanks, Ill decline the circular argument.
Whatever Jatz. Take a good look at yourself, and see if you can discover exactly what your problem is.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6