[Resurrected] Manly Jerseys what is your fave

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Used to work for Pioneer in Brookvale in the early '70's so I'm partial to that one but my favourite is definitely the all maroon with the big eagle.

Sorry if this is a bit long winded but i though some might be interested. Bit of history. If anyone wants I can add the rest later

47-50
All Dark Maroon with a White V. No logo's or badges. We did Heritage's in these in 06 & 08.
51-53
Large Maroon & White Stripes. MW logo. Large White patch on the back with the number in it. Last year's Heritage.
Same as the 51-53 but had the number on the front. No logo's.
Same as above except the number was on the back. No logo.
Same as above except it had the Eagle standing up logo. Maroon Eagle with a White head on the Yellow patch.
57-59
Dark Maroon. Big Eagle with wings out and head up holding onto the ball with MW in it. No logo. Originals are different from the Retro's being sold in the shop in that the Eagle was a lot bigger. See quite a few photos of Rex in this one. Had the White stripes down the sleeves.
60-64
Same Dark Maroon as above but the Big Eagle on the front has it's head down. A prequel to the logo's that started 65.
65-67
All Maroon. White collar. The first with the Eagle holding the ball (MW in it) Logo remained pretty well unchanged through till the end of 77 except it was either Maroon or White.
68-75
Maroon with White hoops. White Eagle holding the ball. (MW in it)
From my research this was the first year we played in 2 different jerseys. First was the first White jersey with Maroon hoops and the Marron Eagle holding the ball logo. The hoops were low down on the jersey.
When Pioneer came on board in Aug the cut of the jersey was changed so the hoops were higher similar to the Retro. Pioneer on the front, Stereo on the back. Also had the Pioneer logo's front & back.
Same as the late 76 but the font of the Pioneer Stereo changed to match the corporate font of Pioneer. (76 was basiclly a block font) First ones to appear with Classic badges.
Same cut as last 2 years but had the Maroon Eagle in Yellow circle. 09 Heritage.
Hoops dropped down again similar to the early 76's. Same Maroon Eagle as last year. Pioneer Stereo on the front.
80-82
Hoops changed from lower down in 80 to higher up by end on 82. Still had Pioneer Stereo on the front. Had 2 or 3 different Classic badges. Same Maroon Eagle as 78 & 79 but now it was on the White patch.
83-84
Same White with Maroon hoops as before but we had the Wormald sponsors front & back. Font size did change a bit as did the Classic badges. First ones to appear with the NSWRFL & NSWRL badges. Did play in a few games with a Maroon & White hoops with a White collar in 84.
85-87
Back to the Maroon with White hoops. Same Wormald sponsors but now it was plastic not printed as before. Same logo.
The font of the Wormald was a lot thicker than before but pretty much the same.
Same Maroon & White hoops. ADT sponsors front & back.
90-92
Same Maroon & White hoops. P&O sponsors front & back. Half way through 91 Manchester Unity came on board as a sleeve sponsor.
93-97
The Pepsi's. First real different Home & Away jerseys. NSWRL badges, Australian RL, Optus Australian RL, Optus ARL badges all changed over the years. Maroon Eagle in the White circle remained except form 96 with the 50th Year logo. 93-94 had Lion Red on the sleeve then Fuji after that.
98-99
FAI sponsors. Different Home & Aways. Had a Green NRL badge. The Eagle logo changed to one that looked like it was coming into land. Wings & claws out. These were either White on top & Maroon below (Home) with a Maroon V or Maroon on top & White below (Away) with a White V.

No wonder I'd forgotten there was another game Manly played in All Whites. The day in 2005 that lives in infamy. At least the years after were great!

webtile_stevensj-5082166-c.jpg

70s-williamsonfront.jpg

Last edited:
Some of the 2007 footy cards also have Manly in a mostly white jersey and white shorts, but I can't work out what game it was. Maybe it was a trial game. Is definitely the 2007 Reebok jersey & sponsors etc. plus Jamie Lyon didn't play for Manly until that season.
t_2007-Invincibles-Common-Card-20200203-(90).jpg

The 2025 Pasifika one.
Penrith just released a '24 one so I'm sure the rest will follow 💰💰

Some of the 2007 footy cards also have Manly in a mostly white jersey and white shorts, but I can't work out what game it was. Maybe it was a trial game. Is definitely the 2007 Reebok jersey & sponsors etc. plus Jamie Lyon didn't play for Manly until that season.
t_2007-Invincibles-Common-Card-20200203-(90).jpg

Round 2, 2007.

Versus the Tigers at Leichardt.

Round 2, 2007.

Versus the Tigers at Leichardt.

Thank you! Never would have found that!

c04c6734c20b1d8869bc2543a220b9c0

ballinm-7032234-e.jpeg

Last edited:
No debate
Cliffy Lyons indigenous jersey
If anyone can help me find one for sale it will be much appreciated
The cost is not an issue
Happy to receive a PM if anyone knows where one is available

I have a Pepsi one (5Oth Anniversary) signed by a fair few of the players at the time. BUT I like the Pioneer one, I think (not sure) it's the one they played in during the 87 GF, the last one at the SCG which I was there for....but far too poor at the time to buy a jersey (sadly).
Wormald I'm sure of it

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4