Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Imagine the Trbojevic boys going. It would be unthinkable but the club could save plenty of coin especially since Turbo is always injuried and his pay rate is crippling the club. I hope DCE goes if Des goes since that's coin we didn't need to extend especially when you can get a young halve to do the job for alot less money.
Yeah but the problem with saving of the coin and injuries, in a few years when they get a decent run, fans are screaming why we let them go cause the ones we have kept are injured, cost to much or not up to it.
Queen Clit, Hynes, just to name 2.

I was just coming on to say the same thing , seriously you journos WTF are you doing ???

Maybe they’ll reignite it #nextweek

Mark I tend to take notice of about 50% of the Murdock press and its jounros, and then closely examine that 50%. The Telegraph is written to excite and titillate. Its an entertainment paper, with a percentage of accurate reporting, and a lot of fiction aimed to meet an agenda. The SMH is better but all media is slanted in some way. Footy journos have to create stories to earn their bowl of rice. If its fiction, who are they answerable to. The Telegraph and Murdock media get sued time and again and have to pay out, but they make it back exponentially because people will want to be titillated whether the story is true or not. Its about profit, not the truth.

Can't open :(

NRL 2022: Manly’s $3 million worth of talent tied to Des Hasler’s contract | Locker Room​

Manly’s stability as a club has turned to the playing group where 15 of the club’s 30-man roster are either without a contract or will be available for purchase by rival clubs from November 1.

David RiccioDavid RiccioCHIEF SPORTS WRITER
Follow

@DaveRic1

2 min read
September 17, 2022 - 4:00PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

13 comments

02:42
Perfect Parra book spot in prelim!

NRL: The Parramatta Eels have booked a spot in the preliminary final for the first time since 2009 after a huge victory over the Canberra Raiders.

NRL

Don't miss out on the headlines from NRL. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Unfollow
The future of half of Manly’s NRL squad remains in jeopardy until Des Hasler’s future is sorted out.
Manly’s stability as a club, seemingly built on a bedrock of jelly, has turned to the playing group, where 15 of the club’s 30-man roster are either without a contract or will be available for purchase by rival clubs from November 1.
Granted, the almost $3 million in combined talent aren’t who fans would recognise as Manly’s superstars.
But you can’t build a roster with 17 Tom Trbojevics.
The fact that the large majority of the 15 are at similar stages of their career, still learning and developing as NRL players, makes the contract uncertainty even more pressing.
Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler’s future is clouding Manly’s planning.

Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler’s future is clouding Manly’s planning.
Unlike a marquee player, who has cemented his spot within a team, the Manly 15 are proving their way, mainly on the opinion of their coach.
Taking a step away from the players momentarily, Hasler has been working on his succession plan which will see an understudy come in before taking over in 2024 or 2025.
Manly fans can rule a line through Billy Slater or Jason Ryles joining the club. Neither are interested.
As for the 15 players in limbo, Hasler will have the final say on whether Toafofoa Sipley, Lachlan Croker, Brad Parker, Reuben Garrick and Morgan Harper – to name just five players who are free to sign with a rival club from November 1 – are extended beyond 2023.

Manly players facing uncertain futures​

Toafofoa Sipley - 2023
Lachlan Croker - 2023
Brad Parker - 2023
Reuben Garrick - 2023
Morgan Harper - 2023
Ethan Bullemor - 2023
Ben Trbojevic - 2023
Kaeo Weekes - 2023
Zac Fulton - off contract
Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega - off contract
James Segeyaro - off contract
Morgan Boyle - off contract
Kurt de Luis - off contract
Alfred Smalley - off contract
James Roumanos - off contract

Manly management aren’t willing to commit to Hasler beyond next season.
That is, at least publicly.
Privately, that was what Hasler is certain he discussed around a boardroom table with Manly CEO Tony Mestrov and chairman Scott Penn, just over a week ago. Yet from the meeting, the group emerged with more space between them than Manly’s defensive line this year.
Recruitment managers will tell anyone willing to listen that one of the first questions a player asks during the process of contract renewal is who the coach will be?
Manly can’t give any of their players that answer, nor any potential recruitment targets.
Lachlan Croker. Picture: Getty Images

Lachlan Croker. Picture: Getty Images
Reuben Garrick. Picture: Getty Images

Reuben Garrick. Picture: Getty Images
Episode 2 - Matty Johns' badge of honour

Head Noise
Episode 2 - Matty Johns' badge of honour

00:00

40:34

Head Noise

Unlike at South Sydney, where they will extend Jason Demetriou’s contract until 2024, Manly have no clear plan to future-proof their squad beyond next May.
It’s the same short sightedness that brought Wests Tigers to their knees this season and the same path St George-Illawarra is heading down.

More Coverage​

Manly drama continues as Hasler ally splits with Sea EaglesRevealed: NRL stars demand record high salary cap
Manly officials claim they won’t be rushed into making a call on Hasler beyond 2023, seemingly content to play with the heat of the spotlight on them and the coach for the opening six rounds of the season.
History shows it’s anything but a winning formula.

Honestly, out of that group, I'd be re-signing Weekes and Garrick (on wingers dollars) only.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Kaeo Weekes
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Jamie Humphreys/ Latu Fainu
08. Josh Aloiai
09. PRIORITY REQUIREMENT
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu

14. Karl Lawton
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Kelma Tuilagi

We'd have HEAPS of capspace to fill those roles with marquee top end talent (with all the players being released / let go.)

But that would be my backline next season. We'd then have Tuipulotu (only because he has a contract) as depth. Veaga was disappointing in his one NRL appearance, but he's there, too.

See if Redcliffe take DCE off our hands (agree to release him ONLY if they pay full freight.)

So out of this lot who would you re-sign

Toafofoa Sipley - 2023
Lachlan Croker - 2023
Brad Parker - 2023
Reuben Garrick - 2023
Morgan Harper - 2023
Ethan Bullemor - 2023
Ben Trbojevic - 2023
Kaeo Weekes - 2023

Honestly, out of that group, I'd be re-signing Weekes and Garrick (on wingers dollars) only.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Kaeo Weekes
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
08. Josh Aloiai
09. PRIORITY REQUIREMENT
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu

14. Karl Lawton
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Kelma Tuilagi

We'd have HEAPS of capspace to fill those roles with marquee top end talent (with all the players being released / let go.)

But that would be my backline next season. We'd then have Tuipulotu (only because he has a contract) as depth. Veaga was disappointing in his one NRL appearance, but he's there, too.

See if Redcliffe take DCE off our hands (agree to release him ONLY if they pay full freight.)

I'd still hold onto Croker and Burbo. Croker because even if we secure a top hooker, he is a hard worker that we need at least as a back up. Burbo will improve. He's only just turned 21 and will build up into probably a fast rangey second rower

I am literally in a narrabeen cafe rn.

It is with great disappointment that I must relay to you all that there are no players, coaches or journalists present.
Was it the Ocean Cafe? Apparently that’s where it all goes down.@:eek:

I'd still hold onto Croker and Burbo. Croker because even if we secure a top hooker, he is a hard worker that we need at least as a back up. Burbo will improve. He's only just turned 21 and will build up into probably a fast rangey second rower
Just my opinion .
At 21 years of age players have already developed their speed flare and Ben maybe a Rangey second rower but he is not a fast or powerful one .
The games he played he was not dominant . He was dominated

I like Young Zac Fulton because he has mongrel and potential

Toafofoa Sipley - 2023
Lachlan Croker - 2023
Brad Parker - 2023
Reuben Garrick - 2023
Morgan Harper - 2023
Ethan Bullemor - 2023
Ben Trbojevic - 2023
Kaeo Weekes - 2023
I'm probably being overly critical but I'd only keep.
Croker
Parker
Garrick
Weeks
Fulton
There may be some upside to some of the others but there's no one that I feel can't easily be replaced and I'm keen for some fresh blood to change things up a bit.

Toafofoa Sipley - 2023
Lachlan Croker - 2023
Brad Parker - 2023
Reuben Garrick - 2023
Morgan Harper - 2023
Ethan Bullemor - 2023
Ben Trbojevic - 2023
Kaeo Weekes - 2023
Parker
Garrick
Weekes
Fulton

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Kaeo Weekes
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
08. Josh Aloiai
09. PRIORITY REQUIREMENT
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu

14. Karl Lawton
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Kelma Tuilagi

That is a very inexperienced and incomplete spine! I wouldn’t want to be going into 2023 with that lineup

No offence! Just sayin’

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8