Manly have their 5/8 for 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon_eagle

Reserve Grader
I was so happy when Des shifted Killer back to the centres in 2010. It was where he belonged and he had the best years' of his career at 3.

But that was then, and now is now.

Killer must play 5/8 from here on end. He is in everything tonight. What a champion!

Means we only need to get hold of a decent half now instead of having to find both a 5/8 and half ----- assuming DCE leaves us next week.

IMO he was the best on the park tonight. I'm not sure if he could defend week in week out like that for a full season. His decision making was excellent. I wish I could say the same thing about our halfback

I think he's the man for 5/8. It makes room for turbo and other outside backs (gutho as well). He's not the dynamic centre of 3 or so years ago. But he's tough and defensively awesome.

AT full strength and with a halves pairing who give a ****... Lyon would be great at 3. But with the team as it is and with no Gifty on that right hand edge.... 5/8 makes more sense I agree...

Yep, think of cap we'll save, besides, not quick enough to be centre anymore. Having said that, Hiku is no Jennings

I thought he had a great game at 5/8 tonight...I wish he was few years younger but he gives us a great option of still having a quality player without having to rush in and get someone unsuitable just to fill a spot.

Killer is normally a winner. He seems to have more time to make decisions @ 5/8th than he did in the centres. He will do me in either spot. We have some hope of a victory with him anywhere on the field. We have no hope if he is missing.

If we could have one more play maker that would allow Killer to also be a hole runner that would be perfect, Jamie is such a cool player and he looked at home there. We really missed DCE's kicking game in tonights game.

In the 2010 SOO series he was picked in the halves but later in the game he was shifted to his preferred position in the centres. Lyon played so much better at centre than 5/8 that I thought for a long time that centre was where he should be playing. In 2015 though, he just can't keep up and he'd be much better at 5/8.

If DCE goes than I agree, but they both play the same side of the field, I think in the past when he has been moved to the left he hasn't looked as good.

Centre every day of the week for mine. He played well yesterday - would never knock him. But I thought for much of that game we were a bit directionless in attack ( bar a couple of great touches from Stewart which got us tries ). We were only in that game because of our staunch defence and the fact the Cowboys played at about half pace with Origin players backing up and dropped a lot of ball.

Lets not kid ourselves. Not trying to be critical - was a great effort by everyone and very cruel what happened. But its very reflective of where we are at right now - we can give 100% effort against a team well off their game and still struggle to put enough points on them to win a game. That's just how it is now.

pffffft....missed 2 kicks at goal...cost us the game.

def reggies next week!!!!!

;):giggle::cool:

hiku is a NZ international, he will be a great centre next year with trbojevic outside him
You forgot that we just re-signed Matai and Lyon is still contracted next year. So the only way Hiku is getting on is after either of them is injured or he is on the wing. The way Tom T is progressing I would say he is going to be on 1 wing and Jorge on the other. With a fit Gutho breathing down Hiku's neck also. Hiku needs to have a stand out year If he is planning on playing a lot next year, either that or he needs a few injuries to Lyon, Snake or Matai.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4