Manly Granted Cap Relief for Turbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
15 years ago when we were dominate we would have been able to attract a player that was worthwhile.

Thanks to Penn and running the club as cheap as possible and having unrealistic KPIs we can only attract players who aren't wanted elsewhere so sign just to get a pay cheque.
The $350,000 will be wasted.

Well that's great, we're getting half what he's actually on the books for for the rest of the season. Honestly there's not even any point using it to bring a player in, I don't t know if you can front load player contracts with spare cap, but we'd be better off doing that and trying to use the balance to make a better play in 2024, or more realistically 2025.

This side needs a complete rebuild.

Well that's great, we're getting half what he's actually on the books for for the rest of the season. Honestly there's not even any point using it to bring a player in, I don't t know if you can front load player contracts with spare cap, but we'd be better off doing that and trying to use the balance to make a better play in 2024, or more realistically 2025.

This side needs a complete rebuild.
Before anyone questions my back of the envelope calculation:

Tom must be on something in the $1.2 - 1.4m region, assuming his contract has ratchet clauses.
Half a season of Tom would cost ~$600-700k
This dispensation is half that.

Tom must be on something in the $1.2 - 1.4m region, assuming his contract has ratchet clauses.
We are more than half way through the season. It’s rd 18 this weekend. And Tom is closer to 1mil isn’t he according to Buzz rich list.

Trying to find a FB is pointless. Garrick can do the job for the rest of the season more than adequately. If we get some money relief they should use it more prudently. Upgrade for someone maybe. Does it even work that way? Either way, we have enough centre options to fill one spot. Our centre and one winger options are not match winners but they'll get us thru this season. I'm more concerned about our forward pack. If they decided to "turn up" every week, our available backs can still score points.
Enough of the upgrades already...

I think the Manly way is to upgrade disgruntled players to try and motivate them.

So definitely not expecting any new signing with this. We are on track to finish 12th or 13th this year.

NYEagle

We don't need another fullback as Garrick was mighty on the weekend. His defence and effort were outstanding. He is our fullback whilst Tom is out. We need a center partner for Koula.

Players contracts aren't spread across the playing season they are spread across the pre season and playing season.

So its spread from what, mid Novmber to say Mid Oct.

So 11 months of the year on approx 1.1mil. That is 100k a month. Approx 3.5 months till mid Oct, all seems about bang on

I
Players contracts aren't spread across the playing season they are spread across the pre season and playing season.

So its spread from what, mid Novmber to say Mid Oct.

So 11 months of the year on approx 1.1mil. That is 100k a month. Approx 3.5 months till mid Oct, all seems about bang on
If you have that as the start point then yes that would be about right. I'm taking the midpoint of the season as my halfway (and including finals in that) which would be less than the numbers I estimated before but $350k is still unders for mine.

Think the season runs from 1st November to 31st October, so 4 months (July, August, September & October) is one 3rd of a season.

$350k x 3 = $1,050,000, so about right.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10