MANLY go to Hollywood ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm a born spectator and happy to leave the effort to others with actual skills :happy:

But love watching the surf and have been lucky enough to be at Sunset a few times in January and feel the thud of the wave on the sand :inlove:

Will definitely go along if Manly play in the US :)
I want to watch the pipe masters in good conditions. As it breaks so close to the beach...and the wave can be so heavy and perfect.

Many guys came out with broken boards during a Volcom Pipe Pro in 2011 :eek:

35 foot waves from as far as the eye could see - awesome :inlove:

RIP Andy Irons :angel:

35' really Happily ? ... you wouldn't be telling porkies would you

35' really Happily ? ... you wouldn't be telling porkies would you

Not at all, I was there for a few weeks for the big wave season, one of my Bucket list items :inlove:
Teahupoʻo still to do.

The Volcom just coincided with a few days I was there. I got to actually hear the surfers being spat out of the collapsing waves - unforgettable :party:

Last edited:
Today's tele has an article claiming Manly and Souths to kick off 2019 with a game in L.A.

Hugh Jackman and Rusty Crowe to face off in the build up promotion ...

Sounds good to me ....

Edit ..... not yet confirmed ... planning stages only
In relation to this thread title has anyone said "Relax don't do it" yet?

I'll see myself out.....

I believe the reasons for LA are several in nature ... 1) Time zone means that the game can be broadcast back to Aust live in the afternoon .. 2) Crowe and Jackman have a possible ability to raise interest of both fans and sponsors in Hollywood. 3) weather 4) LA has a population of about 18/19 million compared to Seattle of about 3.5 million ...

PSS ... USA has only about 6/7 really big cities ... if you dropped Sydney into the states I think it would be about the 8th or 9th Largest city there ... it is nearly an entire country of smaller cities .... most state capitals are only about 300k - 400k ...
So I did a search on Google for biggest American cities by population. Results state NYC 8 million then LA followed with just under 4 million people. Surely that cant be right?? That means Sydney, Melbourne could rank 2nd biggest if an American state. And more amazingly if correct, NY only a cpl million more people than Sydney.

So I did a search on Google for biggest American cities by population. Results state NYC 8 million then LA followed with just under 4 million people. Surely that cant be right?? That means Sydney, Melbourne could rank 2nd biggest if an American state. And more amazingly if correct, NY only a cpl million more people than Sydney.

I think that list is basically the CBD of each city. If you take the metropolitan area as well, then it is many more.

So:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

Has New York city at about 8 million

But:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metropolitan_statistical_areas#United_States

Has New York city (and surrounds) at about 20 million.

etc

Parramatta is a "City" , Liverpool is a city .... the actual "City of Sydney" is piss-ant size ...... the population figures all depend on many definitions ..... if you take into account the whole of LA it is about 18/19 million ...

edit .... Sorry ... I should have read the follow up posts .... should have known our readers are our best researchers ....

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6