Manly forwards 2017......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ryan

Journey Man
Hope Jamil is ticking all the boxes in the off season to ensure he's eligible to start next season because I think he's earmarked for Buhrer's role in the club. We'll miss Buhrer's clean up service that also was handled by Ballin. But Hopoate I think will surprise with his X factor attacking flair. He could offer us something like Glen Stewart's fringe work.

How do you know? Do you watch much NSW Cup or him in the juniors, because of maybe the 30 odd games I have seen, he's stood out maybe twice.

In fact, I've always thought he's quite below average. Is it name sake maybe?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Did a little research on our forwards for 2017 with a couple of possible additions......
2016 averages Matches Average m Hitups Tackles
Addin Fonua Blake 14 70 8 16
189cm / 118kg

Willis Meehan N/A
195cm / 115kg

Shaun Lane 12 68 7 19
198cm / 115kg

Darcy Lussick 19 122 13 22
192cm / 114kg

Marty Taupau 20 139 15 27
190cm / 112kg

Jake Trbojevic 23 110 14 37
185cm / 107kg

Brenton Lawrence 9 94 11 22
187cm / 106kg

Nate Myles 16 80 10 29
187cm / 105kg

Frank Winterstein 3 60 7 17
195cm / 105kg

Billy Bainbridge N/A
180cm / 98kg

Possibly:-
Curtis Sironen 8 (at 5/8) 55 7 24
195cm / 104kg

Suaia Matagi 21 77 8 16
179cm / 107kg

Online this morning it's been suggested Matagi has signed but Sirronen has never been made an offer.

D

Deleted member 26876

Online this morning it's been suggested Matagi has signed but Sirronen has never been made an offer.
hope we give Lawrence the starting spot at second row (provided he can adjust) and have lane coming off the bench

Lawrence as I've said previously is one of the (in my opinion THE) mentally toughest players in our side. So if he can play at second row our pack would be unbreakable. Very happy with the forwards we've got, not one mixed one expcept for the combo of Myles and brown who may not even make the side to begin with

TimmyQ

Bencher
Hope Jamil is ticking all the boxes in the off season to ensure he's eligible to start next season because I think he's earmarked for Buhrer's role in the club. We'll miss Buhrer's clean up service that also was handled by Ballin. But Hopoate I think will surprise with his X factor attacking flair. He could offer us something like Glen Stewart's fringe work.
Anyone got a good link for Jamil in action?? I've never seen the dood play

Hgbcds

Reserve Grader
Does any one know if hoppa will be allowed to play nrl in 2017 .. If so he should play lock & move jake up to 2nd row where he is more suited .. Can never understand why buhrer wasnt wearing 13 this year & jake 12 .. Jakes incredible work rate & physique tell you thats where he shld be he will give his all in any position but i dont want to ever see him again used as a battering ram in the front row .. His heart is big enough but his body is to small for front row he must be preserved in order to play 10 years at manly
Biggest load of rubbish I've ever heard. 107 kgs to small? Look at the size of the nsw captain.want to protect him? He gets paid **** loads to put his body on the line and for him that's definately straight up the middle.you should wait at the tunnel after a game and give his little cheek a squeeze that would be luvely

double hoops

First Grader
Backrow was a real weakness for us this year. Next year no Buhrer, Leary, Tred, Mateo. Now Siro isn't coming. Will we see Jorge in the backrow? We are looking bloody short manned.

double hoops

First Grader
The optimist in me Expects a backrow signing yet.

Alternatively Bob has shown his hand, Kapow and Jake are front rowers who we play in the back row. Matagi is a similar body shape to Joey G i can see him having the no 11 or 12 on his back. Lane similarly will play direct, straight and hard.

The only other option seems to be that Hopoate or Winterstein are going to see a lot of first grade footy.

Dam I think Siro would be a good fit.

SLR5000

Reserve Grader
Biggest load of rubbish I've ever heard. 107 kgs to small? Look at the size of the nsw captain.want to protect him? He gets paid **** loads to put his body on the line and for him that's definately straight up the middle.you should wait at the tunnel after a game and give his little cheek a squeeze that would be luvely
Yeah good one dickhead . If you think he is big enough to bend good defensive lines back or be our enforcer .. Whats it got to do with how much he is being paid & if you think he is not putting his body on the line how about you getting out their or better still fuk of back to parramatta or the bulldogs cos your definately not a manly supporter if thats what you think ..

D

Deleted member 26876

The optimist in me Expects a backrow signing yet.

Alternatively Bob has shown his hand, Kapow and Jake are front rowers who we play in the back row. Matagi is a similar body shape to Joey G i can see him having the no 11 or 12 on his back. Lane similarly will play direct, straight and hard.

The only other option seems to be that Hopoate or Winterstein are going to see a lot of first grade footy.

Dam I think Siro would be a good fit.
Silvertails is for agreeing or disagreeing, with this well personally I disagree. Jake was perfect at lock, he often popped up as a support player and helped dce out whenever he was stuck, he also had the freedom to go to wherever we needed help with in defence. When it comes to Tapau well he really is 200% more effective in second row. I recommend going back and watching a few of his games at prop and then watch a few with him at second row. There is a huge difference. Even though he isn't bad at prop he just doesn't have anywhere near the same effect, his minutes are decreased and due to the increase in involvement his hard running in attack is quickly nullified.

Hgbcds

Reserve Grader
Yeah good one dickhead . If you think he is big enough to bend good defensive lines back or be our enforcer .. Whats it got to do with how much he is being paid & if you think he is not putting his body on the line how about you getting out their or better still fuk of back to parramatta or the bulldogs cos your definately not a manly supporter if thats what you think ..
Please explain where I said he doesn't put his body on the line.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
How do you know? Do you watch much NSW Cup or him in the juniors, because of maybe the 30 odd games I have seen, he's stood out maybe twice.

yes I have seen him play and Ryan I accept you dont see him the same way as I. So be it. We'll see in 2017 wont we.

double hoops

First Grader
I'd play Jakey in the backrow, utilise his passing ability. He's an intelligent player, so he'd run good lines, can sniff out a try & tackles with the best of them. I too think he's a small prop.
Yeah I'd prefer him on an edge then lock. He could be another Joey G style backrower Joey was surprisingly mobile for his size. Still hoping we buy a proper ball playing lock if we went that way.

Hgbcds

Reserve Grader
Yeah I'd prefer him on an edge then lock. He could be another Joey G style backrower Joey was surprisingly mobile for his size. Still hoping we buy a proper ball playing lock if we went that way.
Thing is playing second row you can spend long periods of the game not seeing the ball, don't think that would suit jake

D

Deleted member 26876

I think lock for Jake. Mainly on the fact that he could move around and utilise his great tackling in areas on the field where that defence is lacking.

Marty and Lawrence both in second row for mine. Perhaps Lane or Brown but I'd absolutely ****ing hate to think that we got rid of Buhrer to fit in Brown...

Ryan

Journey Man
yes I have seen him play and Ryan I accept you dont see him the same way as I. So be it. We'll see in 2017 wont we.
I wasn't having a go Bear, I was asking a question. I honestly don't think he's that crash hot from what I've seen, and if you've seen different, I was hoping you'd tell me about it.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
As I said Ryan we all have different perspectives on things. That's surely what makes good debate. Heaven help me if everyone thought like me. I'd be bored senseless.

HoldenV8

Journey Man

Bob Fulton again. Because of his friendship with John Hopoate, his family seems to get a free ride at Manly.

I know Hoppa won a title with us in 1996, but the rest of the time he has been more trouble than he's worth both on and off the field, yet the club still backs him no matter what he does.

And I know that Will won with us in 2011. But in all honesty, while he is a good player I don't think he's as good as some think and definitely (IMO) not good enough to play Origin. After 2011 we missed Robbo more than we missed William Hopoate. And given his not playing on Sunday's for religious reasons I can't see how any club would be willing to sign him after his current contract with the Dogs ends. With the Grand Final played on a Sunday why would any team bother for someone who won't play?

As for Jamil.....while I have a feeling that the NRL are unfairly tarring him with the same brush as his father (though he hasn't helped his own cause) which is why they are reluctant to register him, from all the reports I have read (I have never seen him play so can't comment from personal observation), he's pretty much just an average forward and not a budding superstar. So what is all the fuss about him? At least with Ferris we knew what he was capable of as a first grader.

It seems that while Bozo is around, if your last name is Hopoate its your ticket to first grade at Manly..... Hopefully if Jamil does play first grade for us he does so because he deserves to be there, not because of his name.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12