Manly fans: Whingers, fickle and bad supporters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The author conveniently ignores that in that 15K crowd on the night that 60 percent were supporting the team wearing maroon and white. The NRL also stupidly scheduled this game at the SFS while the Swans were playing their final in front of over 46K. That to me is the real story!!The Riff fans were scarce but that's ok, bagging Manly for wankers like this is typical. The following day the fishies got just over 16K on a perfect Sunday arvo and nothing mentioned there and aww St Merge they were recovering from their mad Monday I suspect.

I think it was more like 80% Manly. I was quite shocked at how few riff supporters were there

I wonder where this Brookevale is that Manly wanted to play at? I could understand them wanting to play at Brookvale but to whinge about playing at an unknown location is a but much! Get it together Manly!:p
........and idiot journos should learn how to spell place names properly.
:D

Today's Illawarra Mercury:
THE 40,000-strong crowd that showed up to watch the Cowboys-Eels clash on Saturday was an indictment of fickle Manly fans who couldn’t be bothered to travel all of 20 kilometres to watch their side play in week one of the finals.

The Sea Eagles exceeded a lot of expectations in finishing in the top four, but their return to the finals brought with it the most boring yet predictable whinge in rugby league – why can’t we play at Brookevale.

Both chairman Scott Penn and skipper Daly Cherry-Evans gave voice to the perennial complaint before, and after ,14,000 people (if that) showed up for their week one clash with Penrith.

It’s effectively blaming the NRL for the fickleness of their own fans who seem to liken the short journey to Allianz Stadium as something akin to a trip with China.

The fact 41,000 people showed up at ANZ Stadium for a game featuring an out-of-town side, including a hefty number who made the trip from Townsville, showed who the real fans are.

Ouch!!!

Just goes to show they have got nothing else to do

It's not an indictment of the fickle nature of the Manly fans but on Greenturd for punishing the manly side by forcing them to play a home game on a neutral ground..loss of atmosphere and home ground advantage... I think it would be fair compensation if the turd arranged private limousine transfers to the ground for all sea eagles fans to ensure that it is near capacity as well as providing free entry to all the Manly fans that would have turned out at brookie (20,500). He needs to take responsibility for trying to promote our game better in the "battle of the codes". So it's a poor reflection of him and not the fans..

I wonder where this Brookevale is that Manly wanted to play at? I could understand them wanting to play at Brookvale but to whinge about playing at an unknown location is a but much! Get it together Manly!:p
........and idiot journos should learn how to spell place names properly.
:D

Probably written by a Robot ( seriously they have them now).

Dig up the old story, insert the 2017 team and the Robot rewrites it!

So according to the Illawarra Mercury website under their advertising section they have an audience of over 74,000 people each month which equates to 2,432 people each day, and 431,000 unique browsers per month which equates to 14,169 per day similar to our crowd number, maybe that's what they should concentrate on....

Almost 16,000 at the game of which approximately 10-12,000 were Manly fans.....but we're the ones who didn't show apparently.

Yes it was a Manly "home" final, but we were playing another Sydney based team. Where were their fans....or don't they like driving any further down the motorway than Sydney Motorsport Park or the drag strip?

As people have said, that game and the Sharks vs Cows game the next day would have played in front of a full house if the games were at Brookie and Endeavour respectively.

As always these guys miss the key element. It's not about what NRL or News Limited want. its about what the fans want. Manly fans want a stadium on northern beaches. I'm pretty sure we'd fill that sucker up...

If it's a tiresome yearly whinge, why report on it again? Sales must be very slow out Illawarra Mercury ways.
Well there's some substance I guess. I mean let's face it, I don't think ANY Manly fans turned up to watch the semis in '15 or '16... we are such terrible fans lol

More Manly fans have attended finals matches than Squeels fans have over the last 10 years.
Year after year, none of them show up.
Very poor form. They clearly don't travel.

And why exactly should we not have a whinge about not playing at Brookie ? The Drizzle and Donkeys play at their home grounds. What's good for one......

Typical Dragons whingers they still want to put the boot into someone because they wont look at their own failure to make the 8. You would think after they flogged us twice this year they would be happy but a Dragons supporter is a special breed of loser that's because they have had a lot of practice at it.

the old "it's only 20km" that takes somewhere around 1 or more hours to get to if you drive and more if you do public transport and is a nightmare to get out of

It also makes the assumption that every Manly fan lives at Brookvale oval. Which is strange, because if you are coming from say Palm Beach its 50km.

Why do the NRL and media have no real concept of the landscape and size of Sydney

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8