Manly Dugout

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
Apologies for posting this but is a opinion forum and I need to get this off my chest!

2 months ago, I booked 3 tickets to the Manly Dugout for the Bulldogs game as my 12 year old son loves being able to sit and talk with the players during the Under 20's and be so close to the action during the main game (bit of a buzz for me too). We did it last year and it was fantastic! This was to be his birthday present.

Today, after my second email chasing the tickets, I was advised that because Scott Penn had decided yesterday that he wanted the entire box, I now have to miss out. As we live in Canberra and a Sea Eagles member, this was our once a year visit to Brookvale.

I have always believed this was a "fan's" box and the Corporate side had the fully catered ones in the Grandstand, how naive of me! I think it is very sad and extremely disappointing that any Corporate power broker (and I realise he owns the team) can just come in and do this!

I know some of you will think "why don't I just get general admin tickets" and believe me I would but it is not the birthday experiance my son wanted to have.

I am sorry I posted this here instead of the whinge forum Dan, but I was hoping to raise the awareness of what happened and on the off chance, find someone on here that maybe would be able to help us.

On the face of it it does look like poor form by Scott Penn. If anyone has his email address I'm sure he would accommodate the situation if he knew about it.

I paid a mozza a few years ago for the brisbane game at suncorp which would normally have included a spot on the bench and was told Penn and entourage were taking the spots.

banished to bay 318!

these packages are sold as game day experiences. What a bloody sad affair to hear it happening not once but twice. They could at least provide another experience or make grand gestures to understand the impact on a fan.

Wow. I wonder how scott would persue another busiess that did this to him and his child on their special day

did you pay for the tickets? But regardless I reckon it's poor form.
Maybe the club needs to put a disclaimer in saying your can book the seats but team owner an take seats from right under your butt if is so wishes

Im sure Penn has it booked out for some charity reason or a possible future sponsor and being the last daytime game at Brookvale left with no other option himself...either that or he wanted to sit there himself and talk with wolfy.

Regardless of the reason I would be very annoyed if my plans were wiped just like that.

Yeah that's not cool. Especially if you had booked them. The only way it would be alright is if he had booked it for special needs kids or something.

But certainly worth bringing up. Contact Larissa and ask for a please explain, otherwise we should all start making some noise

As Mel Brooks said, "It's good to be the King". You just got screwed.

Thanks for the support, I have emailed Larissa through the forum and will report back!

Oh, and Darren......I may not have his money but I am a supporter, fan and currently have a disilluisioned son - children being the future fans of this club! Hope when you next want a Manly ticket, you don't get "taken over"!

Thanks for your message Anthony.

I'll be in touch in the morning to have a chat and see what can be done.

Larissa

Fully within your rights Anthony the club shouldn't sell the dug out experience if they can't deliver.

Well done Darren yet another clanger !

Darren said:
long live the Penn's, it's this guy keeping us going, he can sit wherever he wants!!
Not at the expense of 'valued' out of town members. Darren, you are a local so you have no clue as to the pre planning required to make a trip. It's piss poor form and the club should look to 'make good' for AnthonyB.

Darren said:
long live the Penn's, it's this guy keeping us going, he can sit wherever he wants!!

I thought Kaspersky were the major sponsors now?(or is it URM?)Anyway,you don't look after the next generation,they'll go to another team,or another code-one that will give them great benefits,(and won't stuff them around)!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6