Manly couldnt have been serious ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Voted out by no name football club and leagues club representatives who do SFA for the club.

And no-one on the board has come up with the name of a better CEO to replace him.  I wonder if Quantum will review their sponsorship of he goes?

I also read somewhere that Delmege has stated that a new CEO's first job will be to sack Peters.  If Mayer goes then it is going to be very poisonus atmosphere at future board meetings and Penn will be on his lonesome.

I wonder if he is now regetting getting involved with the club?

tookey link said:
Voted out by no name football club and leagues club representatives who do SFA for the club.
  Very unfair.  Clearly Sibraa and Max are the club saviours.  And we should fall on our knees and marvel at the intelligence and expertise of Phil Deans on a daily basis.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=180690.msg227290#msg227290 date=1244960174]
 Very unfair.  Clearly Sibraa and Max are the club saviours.  And we should fall on our knees and marvel at the intelligence and expertise of Phil Deans on a daily basis.
[/quote]

Are you kissing his premiership ring?

New Scandal rocks Zappia:

NRL chief executive David Gallop last night strongly urged the Cronulla board to immediately investigate claims that Sharks CEO Tony Zappia asked for donations to the club to be sent directly to his home address.

Zappia has yet to tell the board about donations from a terminally ill Sharks fan, aged 27, to the financially struggling club.

The man, who did not wish to be identified, has set up the Beyond Sharks Foundation and has already made donations of $30,000. It is understood Zappia sent the money to his home without the knowledge of his staff or board members.

"It is obviously a serious allegation," Gallop told The Daily Telegraph last night. "We have been made aware of the allegations.

"The next step is for the Cronulla board to investigate the matter. I would expect a report from them."

Zappia's mobile phone was turned off last night, his voicemail full.

In yesterday's The Sunday Telegraph, it was reported the money had been spent on team camps and football equipment. The man contacted the club last August telling them he wanted to donate money as part of his dying wish.

The man told Channel 7 last night Zappia called him straight back and said he would be interested in setting up the fund he called the Beyond Sharks Foundation.

But, according to Seven, all but one of the six cheques sent by the man were sent to Zappia's home, four in the name of the club and two made out to Zappia personally.

The man did not get any receipts but has his bank account details and 73 emails from Zappia's personal email account, made at his request for "confidentiality" reasons.

"I have emailed you from my personal email . . . to maintain complete confidentiality as my PA has access to my emails at work," an email stated. The emails and other documents have been forwarded to the Cronulla Sharks board and the NRL.

The supporter has pledged $1.5 million of his savings and life insurance to help save the embattled club.

.... and even more:

The board is also set to question Mr Zappia about $5000 collected at a match last July on behalf of Guide Dogs NSW.
The Herald understands this money was finally given to the charity days after the Herald asked to view financial details about the fund-raising several weeks ago.

DISGRACED Cronulla CEO Tony Zappia has today denied any impropriety in connection with the Beyond Sharks Foundation, whose existence and $30,000 donation was withheld from the club's board.
Forced to resign last Thursday amid allegations of workplace misconduct against former female staffer Jenny Hall, Zappia is now embroiled in a fresh and potentially more sinister controversy involving the mysterious foundation.

The Sharks said today chairman Barry Pierce and representatives of the club's board would meet with Mr Zappia at 4.30pm tomorrow to discuss the matter.

The organization was registered with ASIC last August at the behest of a terminally ill Sharks fan known as Clint, who wished to donate his life insurance payout upon death.

The original figure payout was reported as $1.5 million, but in correspondence with Zappia last year, Clint said he was entitled to $13,800,000 upon his death.

The 27-year-old law student from Goulburn also made Zappia the executor of his will and gave the ex-Cronulla boss express authority to spend the Foundation's funds any way he saw fit to help the Sharks. Elford is dying from Shy Drager syndrome, a neurological disorder.

In February this year, the man sent six cheques four made out to the club and two to Zappia. All were valued at $5,000. Zappia passed on the two made out in his name to Cronullas coaching staff, who spent the $10,000 on a camp in Kiama. Zappia claims to have invoices of the expenses.

The remaining $20,000 is still with the Foundation's accountant, Roy Spangnolo & Associates, which oversees the fund. The companys principal, Roy Spagnolo, is also Parramatta's recently-elected chairman and long-time friend of Zappia.

Three Spagnolo employees Xavier Lo, Michelle Douglas and Belinda Goodwin are the Foundation's sole directors. Spagnolo said he had no connection with the Foundation, apart from the fact he has been Zappias personal accountant for the past 15 years.

The Daily Telegraph has today viewed documents and cheques, showing the $20,000 held by Spagnolo & Associates has not been spent.

Apart from minimal bank fees and charges, $10,000 is being held in an NAB account. The remaining $10,000 is now in an high-interest investment account set-up by Spagnolo & Associates. The Daily Telegraph has sighted up-to-date paperwork from both savings accounts, as well as the Foundations balance sheet, which shows the $20,000 is still untouched.

Concerned about misappropriation, the NRL this morning called upon Cronulla to investigate the Foundation. Zappia has already shown the paperwork to two Sharks directors, but other board members are furious they werent told.

Zappia said the benefactor wanted his contributions to remain private, explaining why the Foundation was set up without the boards knowledge and also why the two $5,000 cheques made out to Zappia were sent to his home address.

"All the money is accounted for, " Zappia said.

"At first, I thought the situation to be a little bizarre but he made a request for confidentiality and I respected that.

"It was one of those things where we didnt know where it would end up. Foremost in my mind was the request for privacy and the fact he wanted to make me executor of his estate.

"I granted his wish and had the Foundation established last August. It wasnt until February cheques were sent. $20,000 is still with the Foundation and the other $10,000 was spent by the coaching staff on our camp in Kiama and other bits and pieces."

Clint, however, said he was disappointed the board was not told. "I expected the board to know about it, and was surprised they weren't told," he said. "But as long as the money is being spent to help the Sharks - that's all I care about."

The Sharks put out a statement today which read:

"In response to enquiries relating to former Sharks CEO Tony Zappia and alleged donations collected on behalf of a reported Beyond Sharks Foundation, it has been arranged for club Chairman Barry Pierce and representatives of the Sharks Board of Directors to meet with Mr Zappia tomorrow afternoon.

"The meeting will be held at approximately 4.30pm, which is prior to a scheduled meeting of the football club board set down for 6.00pm.

Following such meetings the Sharks will fully cooperate with the NRL should they request and/or require any additional information in relation to this matter."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25638091-14823,00.html

It must be one hell of a life insurance policy if he is going to receive $13.8m. 

Calling a dying man a fool is a pretty poor effort. 

I still think Zappia is the man we need. This is all just a media beat-up. Some people have agendas against the game and Zappia is simply the current fall-guy. You can't blame him for people being silly enough to send him money.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=180690.msg227418#msg227418 date=1245056561]
I still think Zappia is the man we need.
  What are you smoking?  Is it cheap?
[/quote]
Depends..how much can you pay?

Kidding of course. But the Zapia expose shows the quality of administrator that can thrive in the NRL, we want better than that, we appear to have better than that currently. So if Grant is gone we should expect nothing less than someone at least as able as he. Zappia of course is not in that category.

We had some duds ourselves prior to Mayer's arrival.  Consider Wilson has hardly set the world on fire since returning to his rah rah roots.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6