Manly coach Des Hasler’s secret bonus for finishing in top four

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've heard the longterm effect of vaping is akin to consumption - a condition they call "popcorn lung"
Consumption is tuberculosis and in no way shape or form is akin to popcorn lung, the name popcorn lung stems from the use of the chemical diacetyl which was used in popcorn flavouring, and caused a condition called bronchiolitis obliterans. This use was ceased years ago. But manufacturers of vape juice (particularly the chinese ) reintroduced it into flavoured vape juice. The operative word being flavouring, it is not the nicotine that causes death or illness in cigarettes or vapes it is the other crap.
Popcorn lung has also been found in men who were welders and children who suffered viral or bacterial infections at an early age. Can't really blame that on vaping.
When my son read of a death of a young guy in the USA, purportedly from vaping at college, my son remarked "wonder how many bongs he hit in those years" but that wouldn't fit the nein news article neatly would it!

Last edited:
On this day... Sept 10th

1997​

Veteran utility player Des Hasler announces his retirement, at the age of 36. He played 289 games with three clubs - Penrith, Manly and Western Suburbs - played 12 Origins for NSW and seven tests for Australia. He was the Dally M Lock of the Year in 1991.

My mate, a long time smoker, switched to a vape a couple of years ago, He swears he can breath better, and from personal observation he doesn't puff as much when we walk up stairs, methinks the tobacco industry is still actively up to its old tricks when it comes to vaping, even in a dying market the tobacco industry wants every last cent.

The issue is that with vaping everyone is relying on anecdotal evidence... They have only really been around for the past 5-10 years, so the long-term consequences are not yet known.

Everyone knows that smoking is bad for your health, but remember it took 100+ years of cigarette mass production before the link between smoking and lung cancer was widely accepted.

The issue is that with vaping everyone is relying on anecdotal evidence... They have only really been around for the past 5-10 years, so the long-term consequences are not yet known.

Everyone knows that smoking is bad for your health, but remember it took 100+ years of cigarette mass production before the link between smoking and lung cancer was widely accepted.
yep keep tobacco out of your vapes .... seriously I have a prescription for medical cannabis and its made a huge difference in my life

despite being a durrymuncher/vapesucker.
You have to be careful with that description for smokers. I had a mate who used it all the time until he said it within earshot of a subcontinental gentleman who misinterpreted it as a slight on his choice of diet. Very funny argument ensued trying to explain what he meant.

You have to be careful with that description for smokers. I had a mate who used it all the time until he said it within earshot of a subcontinental gentleman who misinterpreted it as a slight on his choice of diet. Very funny argument ensued trying to explain what he meant.
lost in translation ... my long term partner (ex), is French ... had lots of those moments

Attachments

• giphy x.gif
    giphy x.gif
    896.5 KB · Views: 8
On this day... Sept 10th

1997​

Veteran utility player Des Hasler announces his retirement, at the age of 36. He played 289 games with three clubs - Penrith, Manly and Western Suburbs - played 12 Origins for NSW and seven tests for Australia. He was the Dally M Lock of the Year in 1991.
More like 12 tests, including off the bench.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4