Manly building past 2 games...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Though a mediocre opposition at best in Illawarra, there was a pleasing factor in both this game & the week before against Cows....
Illawarra made a break first set of 6, but were contained by enthusiastic cover & only recall them getting anywhere near Manly's line 1-2 times after that in the first half, as the Seaeagles dominated field position.
Then as usual when Manly got into the Illawarra red zone, struggled to score points & in recent times, have conceded soon after being frustrated & lost belief....attitude dips then defensively seem to fall apart....not this time, battered away until the door slammed open & put on an avalanche of first half points after being only 2-0 for over 20 minutes raced to a 20 plus point HT advantage.
Similar against the Cows, though different circumstances - the Cows raced out to a solid lead & had every reason to run away & win by 50 points, but Manly kept heads up - toughed out the game & were unlucky to lose in the end after actually capturing the lead.
These 2 games showed plenty of character building moments & the attitude is a massive shift to what we have seen in 2016.
The forwards are running with purpose - players pushing up in support - offloads & second phase play - defensively working for each other, not just individually - prepared to fight to earn some footy, even the ugly hit ups coming off the line with willing runners & a key thing in footy....the players are starting to understand their roles in the team & same time , playing to the strengths of their team mates as they are finally building combinations as a unit.
Not prepared to jump the gun as yet, but these past 2 games have left a far more positive feeling around the club, supporters & most importantly - the players....

Its all about confidence and belief. When you have quality players like DCE and Lyon back in the Team and playing with some confidence it rubs off on the rest of the group. I am a huge fan of Snake but I think having him off the field was a plus, his confidence is shot and it's been hurting the rest of the Team

I would like us to keep our winning formula.

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: D Walker
4: B Williame
5: M Wright
6: J Lyon
7: D Cherry-Evans
8: D Lussick
9: A Koroisau
10: M Taupau
11: N Green
12: J Buhrer
13: J Trbojevic

14: M Parcell
15: J Starling
16: A Fonua-Blake
17: S Vave

Myles can be rested after origin (hopefully a long rest)
and sorry snake but your time is up.

If Stewart can get back on the field, put him on the wing. Leave Tom where he is, he's devastating now that his confidence us up. And Stewart could use his speed, if he still has any, well out on the flanks.
The sad part is atm Stewart doesn't have enough speed or penetration to play any part in the team.

The Dragons game was the first one I felt we played as a team, which makes a massive difference.

I'm still concerned about our defence. For me that has been the most concerning aspect about our performances to date.

The Dragons have such woeful attack that it wasn't really tested so I don't think we can read too much into that performance.

If Stewart can get back on the field, put him on the wing. Leave Tom where he is, he's devastating now that his confidence us up. And Stewart could use his speed, if he still has any, well out on the flanks.

My God.

Can you imagine the hit ups he'd provide to get us out of our own 20?

With his vigour at the moment he'd be driven from the 20 metre line back in goal!

You need your wingers to take hitups for the forwards so a big NO for Snake on the wing.

Just rest those knees/hammys etc for a good 10 weeks.

• 😆
Reactions: Ben

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4