Manly Backing Barrett, For Now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
IF and I say again IF I put on my tin foil hat, it could be well argued that this is part of the Bozo grand plan. Barrett fails and we have to install Bozo's son.

Like it or not we will probably get either Bozo or Brett, Ha$ler is a bridge too far and may have signed already an extension at Dogs.

Cleary might be an option but even he hasn't shown himself to be a superstar coach.

I'm not prepared to look back at the Toovey years with Rose coloured glasses. Yes he is an absolute Club legend and all round nice guy, but Tooves continued selecting Hasson, and others when it could not be justified. Tooves had us running around with Haslers old play book and the defensive structure disappeared when the great Dalai disappeared and we have had no defensive structure since.

I do agree 100% that Toovey was better than Barrett, if only for his pedigree and passion.

that was me that started the brett rumour,i didn't make it up,my insider has given me good info in the past,however I wouldn't put it past bozo for a bit of nephetism@:mask:

I'm not prepared to look back at the Toovey years with Rose coloured glasses. Yes he is an absolute Club legend and all round nice guy, but Tooves continued selecting Hasson, and others when it could not be justified. Tooves had us running around with Haslers old play book and the defensive structure disappeared when the great Dalai disappeared and we have had no defensive structure since.

I do agree 100% that Toovey was better than Barrett, if only for his pedigree and passion.

I take you back to the
2014 SF Against the DOGS ! NO Glenn Stewart, Matt Ballin, Anthony Watmough, Jamie Buhrer

We get beaten by a FG and an offside josh reynolds !

Toovey was doing fine !

I take you back to the
2014 SF Against the DOGS ! NO Glenn Stewart, Matt Ballin, Anthony Watmough, Jamie Buhrer

We get beaten by a FG and an offside josh reynolds !

Toovey was doing fine !
I accept you and others will disagree with me and I respect that, but for whatever reason Tooves had lost the dressing room and was just going through the motions with tactics and game plans. The team fell in a complete hole in early August 2014 and one close loss won't change that fact.

I accept you and others will disagree with me and I respect that, but for whatever reason Tooves had lost the dressing room and was just going through the motions with tactics and game plans. The team fell in a complete hole in early August 2014 and one close loss won't change that fact.

i think every coach whos team is losing and has huge off field dramas will lose the dressing room ! Combining Gifty/Watmough/FOZ dilemmas !

I could be wrong ! Maybe he did need a break from the game !

But his ability to get up for the big games missing 5 KEY starting players aginst one of the best packs: DOGS, coached by Hasler !

You say its one game ??? Its a bloody very important game if you ask me !

Toovey did have some flaws, not drilling the team to finish off close matches ! Or maybe the players were at fault ! But i believe in due time these issues would of been corrected !

i think every coach whos team is losing and has huge off field dramas will lose the dressing room ! Combining Gifty/Watmough/FOZ dilemmas !

I could be wrong ! Maybe he did need a break from the game !

But his ability to get up for the big games missing 5 KEY starting players aginst one of the best packs: DOGS, coached by Hasler !

You say its one game ??? Its a bloody very important game if you ask me !

Toovey did have some flaws, not drilling the team to finish off close matches ! Or maybe the players were at fault ! But i believe in due time these issues would of been corrected !
8 August 2014 Round 22 onwards

Round 22 – Lost to Souffs 23-4
Round 23 – Beat Gold Coast 15-12
Round 24 – Lost to Parramatta 22-12
Round 25 – Beat Penrith 26-25
Round 26 – Lost to NQL 30-16
Finals Wk 1 – Lost to Souffs 40-24
Finals Wk 2 – Lost to Canterbury 18-17
That's 2 narrow wins in 7 games.
2015 Season – 11 – 13
2016 Season – 4 – 9

So in Summary from 8 August 2014 we have won 17 games and lost 27 games for a winning margin of 39%.

It was announced on 28 August 2014 that Gifty had played his last game for Manly, but the players knew earlier than that. This Club has been stuffed since, so yes the problem is deeper than Toovey, but he had no chance of turning this around whilst ever the player old guard remained and that remains the case to this day.

http://www.zerotackle.com/surgery-ends-stewarts-manly-career-14671/#5UZ7cg0LmbzT5Gpe.97

2015 Season – 11 – 13
2016 Season – 4 – 9

So in Summary from 8 August 2014 we have won 17 games and lost 27 games for a winning margin of 39%.

It was announced on 28 August 2014 that Gifty had played his last game for Manly, but the players knew earlier than that. This Club has been stuffed since, so yes the problem is deeper than Toovey, but he had no chance of turning this around whilst ever the player old guard remained and that remains the case to this day.

http://www.zerotackle.com/surgery-ends-stewarts-manly-career-14671/#5UZ7cg0LmbzT5Gpe.97

I like your forensic analysis :)

Difference with Tooves was he chose to use Hasson and Burgess, and had some injuries on top. Barrett is up to his 28th man purely because of injuries.
Ah yes Burgess... the player that Tooves didn't want at the club in the first place. We had a ton of props injured last year, Tooves didn't have much choice.

Difference with Tooves was he chose to use Hasson and Burgess, and had some injuries on top. Barrett is up to his 28th man purely because of injuries.
Couln't agree more, It frustrated me wen tooves would continuosly pick burgess, mason, and hasson.

2015 Season – 11 – 13
2016 Season – 4 – 9

From what I remember Ralphie the players found out Gifty was gone for the year the night they played Parramatta.
I'd laughingly suggest they were told at halftime because after leading 10-0 they fell apart in the second half!
Both those wins were lucky too. If mickey mouse (Idris) didn't lose the ball with 4 minutes to go Manly would have lost by more than a try.
NYEagle

Manly chairman Scott Penn gives Sea Eagles coach TrentBarrett notice of ‘high expetations’

The problem is - Trent had no idea what a "high Expetation" is...
I for one have high ExpeCtations...

June 13, 2016 11:00pm
The Daily Telegraph

MANLY chairman Scott Penn has given rookie Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett his unconditional support but said failure at Brookvale was unacceptable.
Doesn't get any more profound than that does it?

DEAN RITCHIE said:
Barrett knows pressure is building, despite his chairman’s support.
Support??? What support?

DEAN RITCHIE said:
Penn has endorsed Barrett as the man to guide the Eagles out of the gloom, but remained adamant the club must start winning.
Now I understand - we must be more ADAMANT!

DEAN RITCHIE said:
“It’s been a disappointing season thus far which has been exacerbated by injury, no question.
How about last year? huh?
DEAN RITCHIE said:
origin:video_integrator.Y3YXUzNDE62aYK8KARWwpWUQhZ7Jt_jh

“Trent’s fine. We are six months into a three-year contract, it’s very early days,” Penn said.
uh -oh!
DEAN RITCHIE said:
“We had a massive change at the end of last season, we pretty much changed the entire coaching staff and changed half our playing roster. If anyone expects that be an instant turnaround, then they don’t know football very well. It does take time.
Now, Scotty, Didn't YOU expect a Miracle from TOOVEY??

“I couldn’t be prouder of the team, they are trying their hearts out. You can’t question the effort, that is all you can ask for as owners.”

To quote Joe Walsh - "OH YEAH!"

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4