Manly and King

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ads

Bencher
Go Manly. How good was that comeback! Absolutly Amazing.

Jason King. Well. I now think that if he could keep up the intesinty for more than 20 minutes then he would be one of the greatest props. He was good in that first 20 but after he went off, did nothing much else for the rest of the game. But how good was that tackle when all he had was the collar.

A try saver ads.

Made some big hits too.

However i think this was his worst game since his injury.

Mind you none of our props looked very good.

Credit has to go to our backrow - watmough made 167m - another fantastic effort with Bk making 106

how good was that tackle he missed that led to the try!

the fact that he only played 20 mins, then nothing in the second half when the chips where down showed how litle faith dessie has in him.

Soft performance in my books. In a team where we had two players backing up to the state of exhaustion, he had a chance to put his hand up, yet again nothing.

Harris who also cops criticism for various mistakes he makes at least again gave his all.

Yeah but the one he missed on Wesser (I think) can't really be left to him. Your biggest prop forward can't be expected to be able to contain the other teams fast fullback when his outside defender leaves such a gap between them.

I haven't seen the game on the telly but at the ground King didn't look good! Seemed slow to reposition, didn't really hit hard in defence and was generally ineffective.

I wondered if he was injured - didn't see him after the game at all.

Sterlo and Gould were raving about him. I thought he was very good early, but was not sighted after the first 17 mins.

He came back on before half time for kite - made a few tackles but thats about it then. Didnt see him after half time.

King just doesn't look fit. His mobility seems poor. Is he like Mullane last year and carrying an injury or just struggling to get fit after so much time on the sideline?

I just spoke to a mate watch it on Tele and who has been critical of King but he thought he had a good game as well when he was on. Must have looked different on TV.

just looked at NRL.com, King had the highest missed tackle count at 6, not bad for 25 mins out of 80 on field!

King has to be injured, more than one injury is a possibility, there s no way he could be playing as bad as he is otherwise.

can we get a crown instead of the horse for pepsi - so he can just post him beating king to save him time

From my lounge I can report that the TV angles showed Kingy got absolutely nowhere near Wesser in that first try. The head-on shot was particularly telling. King clutched at air then fell over when Wesser was obviously past him. Being cynical, it looked like King fell over to make it appear that he made more of an effort than he actually did. It just ended up looking comical.

His hit-ups also lacked their normal penetration. Definitely carrying more than one injury IMHO.

He really does seem to be struggling.

In the article on news.com.au it says that King 'who is carrying a ton of injuries' or something like that.

If he is injured just drop him and let him recover 100% as hes not winning many fans. He doesnt look upto it at the moment. I heard hes not even training as he needs time to recover for games. Explains his lack of fitness. He was great early on with a great hit which he hasnt done this year. Some good hit ups but phazed out.

Let him rest Des. Bryant can do a steady job and Hecks is back soon. Let Kingy recover.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4