Manly 2023 - Pass or Fail?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
@XV-1 mate, tbh, there's no point being truthful here (or realistic), because the positive people will claim it's just driving them away. We've literally been told what to say and / or think now through guilt tactics.

For that reason, let's all just say what a fantastic year, filled with amazing results. The roster looks beautiful, recruitment fantastic, we are a pleasure to watch (very entertaining).

Our coaching staff are all plugged in and committed. Our owner is active, focused and passionate. Our social media team are leading edge and forward thinkers, and I'm counting the minutes down to the 2024 memberships coming out.
totally agree

Spot on. Like I say, this site will get a boring vanilla me now, I'll just make positive comments (and I suggest everyone else does as well, give them what they want) , watch how boring it gets, very quickly.

We get beaten by the Bulldogs and Tigers , I'll just come on and cheer , and praise the effort. That's where I'm at now.

Hopefully people don't threaten or decide to "take a break" then. It can be all unicorns, balloons and flowers as far as I'm concerned from here.
Be true to yourself mate. Apart from a few friends you owe them nothing

Fail

I wasn't expecting to make the 8 but thought we would finish higher up then we will.

I don't understand how one week we can match it with the top 4 sides and the following week get embarrassed by a bottom 4 side, there is no consistency on the way we play.

A massive fail by the club is signing Schuster for $800,000.
He has being living off potential for years and seems to lazy to step up and deliver.
That money could have brought a lot better player with change left over.

Our season is a fail. Too many passengers, too many quality players long term injured.

We do not have the depth and our salary cap is too lopsided.

When will they understand that we need a running 9. We get no thrust out of dummy half and we get smashed in the ruck against the top teams.

What was the point in sacking des hasler? whatever Hasler did in his last year was equal to or better than Seibold this year. At the end of the day the blokes in charge of calling the shots at manly didnt improve anything with the coach they selected.

Manly should cut their losses and give the nsw cup coach a crack at first grade. Any coach that can get the Manly nsw cup team firing must have something going for them.

Last edited:
So much promise to start the year with only to end up with more of the same. Most dissapointng thing about it all, its the same speed bumps, same issues. Year in, year out, that sinks us. Yet another failed campaign. When will we learn as a club? But who do you blame? You can't blame the players and I can't even say safely yet we can blame the coach. In my opinion, it's a culture/professionalism problem. Starts from the very top. We need to cut the head off the snake til we see this club turn a corner for real.

Until we can keep the Tommy T on the field for at least 2/3 of the season, our results will continue to fluctuate.

Results wise unless we make the finals it’s a fail for me.

Still feel if cards fall our way the squad should really be playing finals this year and last. Sadly we’ve not. In my best Donald Trump “YOU’VE FAILED!!!!”
Yes but imo we should not accept that as an excuse… no pappy all year and Storm played some bad games but they still made finals comfortably with a bloke at FB that struggled to make 1st grade at the dogs!!

Big time FAIL

No better than last year and that’s without a pride round. We have talent that is not performing, and some moderate players who try hard but are ineffective trying to do things themselves.

Outside of DCE who has been excellent as usual, this team has completely bombed.

Schuster a massive liability

Sipley, Koula, Paseka Tuipolotu, Saab have been inconsistent and disappointing this year probably because this team can’t play as a team. Ola has not been disappointing because he put the effort in, but like DCE can’t do it alone and he can’t make the impact he is capable of.

Parker, Jake, Garrrick and Croker who I consider our mid tier have been ineffective because they rely on star players to be star players so they can support them.

Only shining light this year has been Matt Lodge and Jake Arthur’s performance against the Warriors was encouraging. I think Burbo has made some progress this year. I also like Vaega but not sure about him defensively.

This team has to take a really strong look at themselves in the offseason, or we get 2022 or 2023 again. Ship Schuster out, so what if he ends up a start elsewhere, he does not belong in Gods Country.

NYEagle

Better than just a PASS.

This is an excellent team.

Well coached, with ruthless and well executed gameplans for all the opposition strengths.

There are probably a couple of very minor tweaks we could look to implement for next season, and hopefully this will see us playing finals in 2024.

Spot on. Like I say, this site will get a boring vanilla me now, I'll just make positive comments (and I suggest everyone else does as well, give them what they want) , watch how boring it gets, very quickly.

We get beaten by the Bulldogs and Tigers , I'll just come on and cheer , and praise the effort. That's where I'm at now.

Hopefully people don't threaten or decide to "take a break" then. It can be all unicorns, balloons and flowers as far as I'm concerned from here.
WOKE is settling in, how can anyone be happy with this year is beyond me, from the coach to recruitment to tHE owner WOW. CALL it what it i? No crime in asking for a better effort, look at Schuster against warriors what a disgrace. $800k for that. All is dandy Not.

No Finals ,FAIL.
Least exciting side I can remember,this year was DULL.
Thank you @robbie

Thank You for your courage , humility and accountability for saying it how it sadly really is
No Finals and We Fail
We fail our Proud Winning Great Manly Benchmark Standards

Mestrov /Seibold / Flanagan Failed to make the Finals
The Penn Manly Owned club continues to exist but Keeps Failing to Excel

Proud and Passionate Manly people Will Always support our Legendary club
But We will Never support those that cannot Live up to our Legendary clubs high Standards and who Lower our Great Clubs Magnificence down to their Mediocre levels
The hard truth is
If We Lower our Legendary clubs Great Standards
And We Stand for Nothing Great !

Ordinary Manly people make Excuses
Great Manly People Make our Legendary Manly club Great
God Bless Our Great Manly Premiership Winning Heroes
1692673663875.png

Last edited:
A very low pass, something like 51/100

We’ve shown signs of being capable against the better teams but have lacked consistency.

Other times there’s been what appears to be a lack of interest amongst some members of the playing group.

Injuries (apart from the obvious in Tom) have hit us hard late in the season (losing Paseka, Aloiai & Jake vs the Sharks & Lodge & Burbo vs the Roosters, as well as Parker).

I’m hoping we look a better-settled team next year & the arrival of Brooks adds that missing piece in the halves.

I also hope next year:

-Schuster can exorcise his demons between now & round 1 & have a breakout season.

-Tom has an injury free year & gives rep footy a swerve to give his body a chance .

-Weekes has a break out season.

Let’s go Manly 🦅🦅🦅

Yeah in a 17 team comp missing the 8 really is a fail. I have not really studied the table but win the next 2 and I guess we finish in the 9 - 11 region. Start losing and we are 12 - 14 which would be very disappointing.

We have been unlucky with injuries Again and also with the refs, but even with Turbo out we should have been in the mix for 7 - 8, as was the case last year before we lost 7 from 7.

We started really brightly but just couldn't maintain that over time. Disappointing year.

Season Fail for me and all counts Team
no finals = Fail
Owner says we have premiership team = Owner Fail
CEO and Coach say Premiership Window = both Fail

I would hope some hard lessons learnt and mistakes addressed along with building on the strengths during the Off season for next year.

You can't improve unless you acknowledge your failures. Can't grow unless you keep building on your strengths.

If we happen to lose the 2 remaining games, the Fail becomes almost untenable.
The expectation is to finish with 2 wins.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8