Manly’s Glenn Stewart deal has playmaker Kieran Foran’s future in balance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Foran is off contract after next season but had opened talks with Manly recently about a long-term extension.

The Manly playmaker said he wanted to secure a strong season of football before looking at a new deal and to see where the club was headed with its playing roster, including Stewart’s future.

Stewart and Foran are close mates.

Foran has publicly urged the club to re-sign Stewart, who is off contract after this season.

Manly’s senior playing group is becoming increasingly frustrated as the club looks set the shed Stewart, who has been waiting for seven months for an offer.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Stewart has been linked to four NRL clubs — South Sydney, St George Illawarra, Parramatta and Canberra.

It is becoming apparent Manly does not have the money in their salary cap to make Stewart a genuine offer.

Stewart’s possible departure would hurt his close mates at Manly, including Foran, Anthony Watmough and Jamie Lyon.

Brother and fullback Brett is also frustrated.

A player revolt has been mooted but won’t eventuate, but Stewart’s close teammates aren’t happy.

Stewart’s manager, Mike Newton, said he hadn’t engage in any formal talks with other clubs.

Souths would be a logical choice for Stewart, given he wants to remain living on Sydney’s northern beaches.

Brett recently told northern beaches magazine Peninsula Living: “From the start, Glenn and I had one rule: if we go somewhere, we are going together.”

“The senior playing group at Manly is the tightest in the competition. That is why the club has been the most successful in the NRL over the past 10 years.

“Melbourne has the ‘big three’ but Manly has the ‘big five or six’.

“If they were to be broken up, there would certainly be ripples.”

Stewart and Watmough salary sacrificed in recent years to help keep the successful Manly side together.

Stewart said on Tuesday: “I don’t want any special favours. I don’t ask for that and would never expect that. It would be nice to get an offer I suppose and nice to know where I am situated.’’

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manlys-glenn-stewart-deal-has-playmaker-kieran-forans-future-in-balance/story-fni3gnk1-1226865653239

Someone is stirring the plot - Manly know what to do within the constraints of the Salary Cap. :cool:

We should expect the Dysfunctional Board headlines to be replaced by the Dysfunctional Retention Committee headlines ad nauseam :dodgy:

So good that the Telecr@p can reveal these secrets...Melbourne have the big 3 but Manly have 5 or

What about Roosters, Bulldogs....what a w@nk of a system

This guy is being fed stories. Toovey said a deal is close to being done on NRL360 last night. I know who I believe.

"A player revolt has been mooted but won't eventuate". What a load of garbage. Would any of our players really revolt just because the club hasn't got enough money to offer him a contract? This article smells like a classic load of telegraph bull****

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Zorba again

For someone that supposedly loves Manly he feeds a lot of bad press to Ritchie

Yes, The Drip and Gifty are regulars in Collaroy cafes :(

Manly can not be held to ransom by any Player or Journalist :cool:

I guess our big Five are 2 x Stewies, Jamie, Kieran, Foz.

Roosters: Pearce, Maloney, Jennings, JWH, Sonny-Bill-Platypus. Have I left anyone out?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Zorba again
Gotta admit, if I was a detective I would be thinking motive, who wants to put the heat on Perry?
But it's not really a made-up story, this was always going to be a difficult one.
Manly is running a rugby league club not a mate's club. The players know this, and in fact just listening to Ballin now on BSB as I type and he's saying similar thing.
Tough call either way but no need for us supporters to panic.

Also, Kieran is one of the loudest voices in keeping the team together so I think journalist scare tactics of his future departure is and absolute load of ****e.

bones said:
niccipops said:

Roosters: Pearce, Maloney, Jennings, JWH, Sonny-Bill-Platypus. Have I left anyone out?

Choc and DCE ?
Exactly. And don't forget Matai.
A Big 7. Can't have such talent on a roster without it needing a lot of sensitive manipulation each time contracts come up.

Moondog said:
niccipops said:

I think Foz and Kieran are basically a package deal. If one leaves we can expect to lose the other...

I think the other way if one leaves the other is certain to be here for life.

bob dylan said:
Moondog said:
niccipops said:

I think Foz and Kieran are basically a package deal. If one leaves we can expect to lose the other...

I think the other way if one leaves the other is certain to be here for life.
Metaphysically speaking...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6