Mander Again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ads

Bencher
I thought Mander was poor.

- Patten should have been in the bin twice, Phil Gould was going on about this. If not the first time at least the second, apparently on the radio they said that they are sick of the ref telling people that he will send them to the bin if they do it again. He prof. fouled twice - how many proffesional fouls do you need to go to the bin.

- They scored one of their tries of what looked like a knock on (early on) cant guareentee this cause they didnt show a replay on the tele - will look at my tape later.

- They scored a try just after Kite had a knock on call against him when I could tell fron the worst angle on tele that Shrek had raked the ball. Pathetic call, how can he not have seen it.

- They got the ball when we were atacking after one of their players (early second half) hit the ball forward intentionally (knock on) and then Ryan jumped on it from an offsidce position which the ref called play on. Clearly a penatly to us.

There were a number of other ones, but Mander was just pathetic.

I am not saying they nessacarly cost us the game but these were all at important stages of the game. If these had bee right we may have had a bettter chance at getting up.

There try off the fight at teh scrum.

It shouldnt have matter who were the aggessors in the fight. There were two Manly players who didnt get packed into the scrum - it is not a legal scrum, you cant play on when the ref has not allowed all 6 players from each team to form. Another mistake. It had to come back for another scrum. This ref is a farce and must be dropped.

I know this one is too late to matter but it just displays the entire incompetence displayed by Mander and his officials the entire game.

We dropped a thousand balls in their 20. This is all crap, our team lost because we couldn't hold onto the footy.

we lost because of straight out panic.simple.and when are we going to stop whinging at th ref like spoilt children.no ref has ever changed his decision and the body language is an instant downer for the team as a whole.

It would be a naive person who didnt think the ref had an effect - patton should have gone. What would have happened is anyones guess.

As it stands the scoreboard does not accuratly show the way we played. We were well and truly up there and barring stupid mistakes from Harris, Witt and Randall over and over again we would have won it.

Its not the end of the world but Mullane must get a run soon if Witt doesnt get his arse into gear

I didn't see Witt make many mistakes and he was awesome in defence. He lines up the biggest players. I admit he wasn't sighted in the area of inspiration.

3 errors, 4 missed tackles, some shokers.

That doesnt take into account the crap flick passes to no one and the fact he offered nothing in attack

I agree we fell apart when we could have won it.

But the ref's performance is just as much a topic for discussion on this website as the player's and it was woeful. How can the NRL continually sanction this low quality reffing.

We did not take the game by the scruff when it was there to be won. Mander did make some critical calls but we did not help ourselves.

My beef is that he allowed the dogs to move up much too quickly when defending in their own quarter. We didn't have anything to counter this and bumbled into mistakes.

Has anyone here ever tried reffing rugby league? IMHO, if you haven't actually done it, at any level, don't complain about it.

Has anyone here ever tried reffing rugby league? IMHO, if you haven't actually done it, at any level, don't complain about it.

I assume you can never complain about any of the players unless you have played rugby league for Manly as well.

It appears that you dont follow this advice for other things. Your quote: "Clive was dissapointing and really doesn't know much about football" http://www.alternateeagles.com/addins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?64441
IMHO if you havn't hosted television shows on any station you shouldnt complain about it.

If we followed this advice we could never comment on anyones performance in anything except our own exact field (which considering the limited amount of time we all have to do things in wouldnt be very much)

Wow ads, that took alot of research.

Clive was dissapointing, not awful. That's the difference. I expected more from him because I've liked his stuff in the past. He doesn't know much about football and admitted as much. He's lived in England for most of his life, in the South, his only real knowledge of league is from the 60's. This is all irrelivent though, my point stands for rugby league reffing on it's own.

The reason, it's a different world out there. In the middle of the field, it's IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone. Getting the call right isn't enough for most, considering interpretations and grey areas which plague the modern game. Every fan has blinkers on and wants all 50/50 calls to go their way.

All fans have vested interest and will support their team, who supports the refs? They get bashed from pillar to post for doing their job, a job that demands perfection from them. It's an impossible position. If a referee makes an error, big deal, players make errors all the time. Unfortunately, players can make up for their errors. Referee's cannot make up for an error because they are EXPECTED to make the right call all the time.

jesus we loved mander after the roosters game, we have won most games with him,

how about the el masri penalty when he seemed to legitamally push stewart or was it hicks back over the try line ?

i hate ref bashing....

Pattern should have been binned twice in the first half.

Other than that, I thought he had a good game.

jesus we loved mander after the roosters game, we have won most games with him,

how about the el masri penalty when he seemed to legitamally push stewart or was it hicks back over the try line ?

i hate ref bashing....

Donald, but anyway.

While watching the game I thought he was ****house, but realised after he's not the reason we lost.

yes mander was disgraceful, but probably not as bad as he was last week in the melb v pen game. it is also true that if we sit down an focus on what the idiot with the whistle di wrong then we wont fix any of our own mistakes of which lately we have had a few. composure would have got us over the line alot more.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4