Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ok I'll do it.
I have only played hooker three times and that was 20 yrs ago but I'm better mentally now than then ( when I was a second rower who dreamed of being a fullback lol).
I'll even get a career ending injury to help with the cap when required.

I'll be a no nonsense dummy half for 28 mins a game max ( Def in two spells).

Sign Brandon Smith NOW. I'm sorry but we have to let him go. Thus could be another De Bellin case. We cannot carry someone who maybe out for 2 or more years due to their actions off field and not football related. This is a business and we need a quality #9.
Why can’t we just keep Fainu on a modest wage?

Make him repay us in the future

If we use up Cust and Croker in our 17, and Foran and The Shoe, then it only leaves two on the interchange bench, which will almost certainly be two props. This means that only one of our optional second rowers will be in the 17: Jetski, Guaca or Davey.
That worries me.

That in fact is a damn good point !!!

At this stage I’m still keen to see Shoe given first crack at the 6 jersey. I think ‘6 again’ footy in the halves is better for younger legs than Foz. Hooker could really suit the Foz, able to communicate and direct play without being expected/required to take the line on and cover defend out wider.

I think starting 13 or 14 would be negative for the shoes development. We’ve seen big ex halves in the forwards like Sirro Jnr, Ryan Matterson, John Sutton etc
They’re alright forwards but shoe will never slim down again for the halves if Manly attempt to bilk him up to handle a bit of both so early in his career.
I have a point I’m not making very clear, time for a nap..

Well, in all the training photos, I've noticed Croker is playing dummy half. Or at least training there. Foran is always away from the ruck.

Interesting.

Watched a game where Hasler dropped Levi for Croker towards the end of the season (Levi back to the bench).

Maybe we have a new Willow / Hasler relationship blossoming right before our eyes ?

Well, in all the training photos, I've noticed Croker is playing dummy half. Or at least training there. Foran is always away from the ruck.

Interesting.

Watched a game where Hasler dropped Levi for Croker towards the end of the season (Levi back to the bench).

Maybe we have a new Willow / Hasler relationship blossoming right before our eyes ?

OR ( more likely ) , Croker has been gifted the infamous goat photos

We really miss that spark that Manase provides.

It's nothing personal against Croker. I'm sure he's a great bloke. But he's a reserve grader who does the occasional good thing.

He's just going to have to face the fact that 2021 is his last year of first grade. Unless the Tigpies sign him.

Noticed that as well, Ryan. Can't say it fills me with confidence. But Des did seem to give Croker more opportunity last year than Cust and it wouldn't surprise me to find he's our starting hooker when the season kicks off.

I’m hoping Des is just covering all bases for a long season. When it’s closer toward round 1, I hope Foz has spent plenty of pre-season at hooker as well.
If we’re lucky I think Foz could be a savvy leader around the ruck like Peter Wallace did for Penrith when they decided to move him into hooker, it prolonged his injury riddled career a couple more seasons and provided him with a form revival

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4