Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The stand down policy is to protect the game. I agree something had to give

But hypocritically
The inaction on the tevita pangai junior case and bending the rules for SBW will do far more damage from within. The games governing body is already perceived as influenced

You can see whats happening with the qld borders. Everyone was ok until the elite got exemptions and it all hits the fan
The sick and debilated aussies cant get back into there country but sonny waltzes back in

It seems people in power either are too dumb or just dont care at the level of bias shown

With the covid issues the NRL should have got together and altered the plan if they had the games prosperity in mind, even if it was different cap relief. Its just plain stupid and it impacts the product they seem hellbent of protecting ..............sometimes

Obviously the club, and those other clubs offering Blade Runner a contract, knows something about the case that the NRL doesn't which is that he will be acquitted.

This guy is not switched on. Was looking at a live feed he had a week or so again. He was there smoking a hookah (I assume) carrying on with all the hand signs. Nothing overly stupid about this except he was wearing your manly gear at the time. That is just dumb.
I find the whole situation of the resigning strange. The Club must have some confidence that he will get off in which case that evidence could be used to have the public prosecution drop the case.

This guy is not switched on. Was looking at a live feed he had a week or so again. He was there smoking a hookah (I assume) carrying on with all the hand signs. Nothing overly stupid about this except he was wearing your manly gear at the time. That is just dumb.
I find the whole situation of the resigning strange. The Club must have some confidence that he will get off in which case that evidence could be used to have the public prosecution drop the case.
Hang him up... HANG HIM UP, I say!

The stand down policy is to protect the game. I agree something had to give

But hypocritically
The inaction on the tevita pangai junior case and bending the rules for SBW will do far more damage from within. The games governing body is already perceived as influenced

You can see whats happening with the qld borders. Everyone was ok until the elite got exemptions and it all hits the fan
The sick and debilated aussies cant get back into there country but sonny waltzes back in

It seems people in power either are too dumb or just dont care at the level of bias shown

With the covid issues the NRL should have got together and altered the plan if they had the games prosperity in mind, even if it was different cap relief. Its just plain stupid and it impacts the product they seem hellbent of protecting ..............sometimes
Mate don’t forget the blind eye turned re the Sivo sexual assault case in Fiji.....funny that eh?

If anyone needs a reason as to why the stand down rule is a poor option - look no further than the outcome of the Brett Stewart case.....unfairly tarnished Brett who was never the same after it and to be honest, the case derailed Manly for a few seasons at a time we were dominating.

The case did not derail Manly for a few seasons.

Brett Stewart having two season ending injuries was what derailed Manly’s 2009/10 seasons.
Stewart was fit ( never the same as prior thou) in 2011 and we won the comp.

The case did not derail Manly for a few seasons.

Brett Stewart having two season ending injuries was what derailed Manly’s 2009/10 seasons.
Stewart was fit ( never the same as prior thou) in 2011 and we won the comp.
Yes it did - the false allegations do not only effect the player in question, but the entire team including coaching staff....after 2008 Manly still had the firepower to win 2009 , 2010 if not both.

You’re suggesting corruption?

I don't think there is any suggestion of collusion or corruption. Obviously the club is well aware of the circumstances of his case and has decided an acquittal is a good bet and so has extended his contract. If Jack DeBelin gets off next month, I would think another good bet is that V'Landy's will seriously revise the stand down rule given the DeBelin outcome and the massive injustice on Brett Stewart and his family. If the case, Fainu could be playing football well before his court case next year.

I don't think there is any suggestion of collusion or corruption. Obviously the club is well aware of the circumstances of his case and has decided an acquittal is a good bet and so has extended his contract. If Jack DeBelin gets off next month, I would think another good bet is that V'Landy's will seriously revise the stand down rule given the DeBelin outcome and the massive injustice on Brett Stewart and his family. If the case, Fainu could be playing football well before his court case next year.
Also interesting to see what happens with Tristian Sailor. I don't think they'll rush a decision on standing him down. As you say, they may well be looking at changing the stand down rule

Also interesting to see what happens with Tristian Sailor. I don't think they'll rush a decision on standing him down. As you say, they may well be looking at changing the stand down rule
Doesn't look like the rule is being reviewed at all.
With Sailor off contract it was the ideal scenario to say nothing about Greenberg's stand-down rule but Abdo wasted no time in confirming the automatic stand-down still applies.
"The NRL integrity unit is aware that Sailor has been charged. The seriousness of the allegations means he is automatically sidelined under the NRL's no-fault stand down rule, which prohibits players taking the field if they face charges that carry a maximum penalty of 11 years or more in prison.
"The game has the strongest stance in Australian sport on these matters," NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo said.
"The no-fault stand-down rule ensures the automatic stand down of a player on a no-fault basis when they are charged with a serious criminal offence.

"The player is not contracted to play in the NRL next season and will not be permitted to play while he remains subject to serious criminal charges."

It is going to take more than a not guilty verdict for JDB for the No Fault Standdown Policy to be scrapped for Manase to play before his trial I reckon. I just can’t see the NRL backing down on it unless forced to by the courts, particularly given the clubs do not object to it (you don’t bite the hand that feeds you, of course).

I also don’t think Manly have any ‘special knowledge’ of the case. I see the contract extension purely as a hedge. If he is not guilty, they have locked a very talented player in cheaply (good business). If he is guilty, the contract is void and they won’t have to pay a cent.

It is going to take more than a not guilty verdict for JDB for the No Fault Standdown Policy to be scrapped for Manase to play before his trial I reckon. I just can’t see the NRL backing down on it unless forced to by the courts, particularly given the clubs do not object to it (you don’t bite the hand that feeds you, of course).

I also don’t think Manly have any ‘special knowledge’ of the case. I see the contract extension purely as a hedge. If he is not guilty, they have locked a very talented player in cheaply (good business). If he is guilty, the contract is void and they won’t have to pay a cent.
Yep, with how quickly they have acted to stand down Sailor it is extremely unlikely the rule is being looked at. Bad news for Manly and Fainu unfortunately. Now we need to go find at least 1 genuine hooker for our squad

Doesn't look like the rule is being reviewed at all.
With Sailor off contract it was the ideal scenario to say nothing about Greenberg's stand-down rule but Abdo wasted no time in confirming the automatic stand-down still applies.
"The NRL integrity unit is aware that Sailor has been charged. The seriousness of the allegations means he is automatically sidelined under the NRL's no-fault stand down rule, which prohibits players taking the field if they face charges that carry a maximum penalty of 11 years or more in prison.
"The game has the strongest stance in Australian sport on these matters," NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo said.
"The no-fault stand-down rule ensures the automatic stand down of a player on a no-fault basis when they are charged with a serious criminal offence.

"The player is not contracted to play in the NRL next season and will not be permitted to play while he remains subject to serious criminal charges."
Wow, yeah looks like the rule is here to stay. Now even if Foran is considered at 9, what happens if Foran and Cust are injured? We use Croker and no spare utility? I hope we are on the lookout for a back up 9 cos doesn't look good for Fainu

Yes but meanwhile with those monies set aside for Fainu we cannot sign anyone decent as a replacement. We should be going all out for Starling from Raiders but can't now because we locked into Fainu till middle/late next year.

Yes but meanwhile with those monies set aside for Fainu we cannot sign anyone decent as a replacement. We should be going all out for Starling from Raiders but can't now because we locked into Fainu till middle/late next year.

Starling re-signed with the Raiders weeks ago.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4