Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So other than what’s been said in the media have you heard anything??

The media cannot be trusted in any way, all they want to do is sell advertising / subscriptions and sell papers, I don’t believe any of their bull****.

Aw Mark. That's a bit tough. True but tough. Careful you may have to apologise for besmirching their character.

Mark, you are correct in as much that unless stories sell newspapers/gain TV viewers, then there will be no advertising support and, thus, there will no longer be journalists as media outlets will fold. We've seen it coming for 40 years. When I worked as a journo in Sydney there were two afternoon dailies, three morning dailies and three Sunday papers.
We've lost both afternoon papers and one Sunday paper.
No one buys papers to read dull, well-balanced reports. We all crave outrage.
There will come a day when there are very few professional journalists and 95% of the 'news' we read/hear will be generated by keyboard warriors on social media platforms.

Mark, you are correct in as much that unless stories sell newspapers/gain TV viewers, then there will be no advertising support and, thus, there will no longer be journalists as media outlets will fold. We've seen it coming for 40 years. When I worked as a journo in Sydney there were two afternoon dailies, three morning dailies and three Sunday papers.
We've lost both afternoon papers and one Sunday paper.
No one buys papers to read dull, well-balanced reports. We all crave outrage.
There will come a day when there are very few professional journalists and 95% of the 'news' we read/hear will be generated by keyboard warriors on social media platforms.

It’s depressing really , I believe 120 regional newspapers shut the doors a few weeks ago, a few remain as digital only by subscription.

One of the issues is that every little town had a paper , couple of reporters , an editor and they didn’t need bad news stories to sell, in fact they thrives on local stories, photos of people at the picnic races , at the footy on a Sunday arvo , at the community markets etc etc.

BUT, along comes InstaTwitFace and now the picnic races photos happen with “ live action “ and a“ let’s see how many likes we can get for this ridiculous photo” .

People don’t want to read a story that’s been researched and has content they want headlines and a 10 second grab !!!

“ Manly player calls a referee a ****ing retard !!”

Creates more clicks and views than,

“ Daly Cherry Evans visits kids hospital and delivers Teddy Bears”.

Modern society sucks and it’s no wonder I head Bush and escape it from time to time.

It’s depressing really , I believe 120 regional newspapers shut the doors a few weeks ago, a few remain as digital only by subscription.

One of the issues is that every little town had a paper , couple of reporters , an editor and they didn’t need bad news stories to sell, in fact they thrives on local stories, photos of people at the picnic races , at the footy on a Sunday arvo , at the community markets etc etc.

BUT, along comes InstaTwitFace and now the picnic races photos happen with “ live action “ and a“ let’s see how many likes we can get for this ridiculous photo” .

People don’t want to read a story that’s been researched and has content they want headlines and a 10 second grab !!!

“ Manly player calls a referee a ****ing retard !!”

Creates more clicks and views than,

“ Daly Cherry Evans visits kids hospital and delivers Teddy Bears”.

Modern society sucks and it’s no wonder I head Bush and escape it from time to time.
Well said Mark. Not sure if it happens with every generation but I'm super glad that I'm in my fifties and not in my twenties or even younger now. It all seems like such a superficial and, at the same time, brutal society.

It is likely Fainu had reposted this from someone else's Instagram. Not a smart thing to do - I've sent him a message suggesting he delete it.

Regardless, I think Vlandy's statement is somewhat over the top. The double standard comes from the Fox commentators who were applauding Horsburgh for his behaviour during the Raiders v. Eels game.
Fainu is probably a lost cause.

This is a November 2019 article re Fainu's case which, among other things, informs that Olakau'atu's mother calls her son 'Mole. If Fainu climbed a fence, it possibly worsened his injured shoulder. Fainu, Suli, Funa & 'Mole are all very good friends. You would think they all know the true story of what happened that night.

During a bail application, the Crown stated that three witnesses identified Fainu as the stabber, although his barrister, Richard Pontello QC, told the court the identification was an issue given it was an “all-in brawl between two groups in the dark”.

The court heard that, despite recently undergoing shoulder surgery, Fainu scaled a fence to retrieve his sling after the stabbing.

This is a November 2019 article re Fainu's case which, among other things, informs that Olakau'atu's mother calls her son 'Mole. If Fainu climbed a fence, it possibly worsened his injured shoulder. Fainu, Suli, Funa & 'Mole are all very good friends. You would think they all know the true story of what happened that night.

November 2019? Seems like forever ago and yet just 8 months - and we'd never heard of Covid.

So other than what’s been said in the media have you heard anything??

The media cannot be trusted in any way, all they want to do is sell advertising / subscriptions and sell papers, I don’t believe any of their bull****.

I was being facetious

The media can only go off public knowledge and what they're told ... which would be not much because as its going to trial, its in the prosecutions and the defendants interests to keep the details up their sleeve

Last edited:
This report states that Justice Stephen Rothman said:
“As close to murder as you can get,”.....

In the dim, dark past I used to cover courts for a newspaper and this statement doesn't ring true to me. Why would a magistrate hearing a bail application form such a view without any real evidence being given? It sounds prejudicial.
Now, if the Police Prosecutor had made the statement I could understand it. The Prosecutor will make untested claims in these early hearings just to make the charge seem more serious and make the bail application harder to obtain.

This report states that Justice Stephen Rothman said:
“As close to murder as you can get,”.....

In the dim, dark past I used to cover courts for a newspaper and this statement doesn't ring true to me. Why would a magistrate hearing a bail application form such a view without any real evidence being given? It sounds prejudicial.
Now, if the Police Prosecutor had made the statement I could understand it. The Prosecutor will make untested claims in these early hearings just to make the charge seem more serious and make the bail application harder to obtain.
Could that statement come back to haunt the prosecution’s case??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4