Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Effective house arrest .... That article says he is only allowed to leave home under Parental supervision ... doesn't say anything about training .... would like it clarified .... because if he can't train he will be a long way behind by august next year even if innocent ....

The rule must be changed. PV has already stated that 'rules' should be "flexible".
At the very least the NRL could change the rule to set a maximum time out of the sport. I'm suggesting four weeks but even if it was a ban of one season (until the outcome of the court case is decided) it would be welcomed by the accused and their clubs.

Effective house arrest .... That article says he is only allowed to leave home under Parental supervision ... doesn't say anything about training .... would like it clarified ...
Training is allowed
Justice Stephen Rothman granted Fainu’s Supreme Court application to be kept under house arrest under a number of conditions that include surrendering his passport, reporting to police daily, providing a $10,000 surety and not leaving the house without his parents for any reason than to train, seek medical attention for his injured shoulder or confer with his legal team.

Depends on whether the stand down rule can be changed. If this does happen, JDB would possibly try to sue the NRL for his time out of the game. If Manase is not able to play till after the trial, Smith or Grant would be the best options for 2021 (if there is any chance of signing them)
Im not sure about Brandon Smith ,he may have had an off night last night and maybe playing 80 mins pretty much might be to much but he threw a few wayward passes and strikes me more as 2nd rower who can relieve at 9 as opposed to a genuine 9 like Grant ( I could be wrong just my observation)
But that is really bad news July 2021 FMD .If they can get ride of that cretin Greenburg's no fault stand down which effectively punishes the player before he is found guilty by the law then would that open the NRL to a court case from JDB etc ? What would be the basis ?
Both JDB and MF have been paid all this time ,so what would they be suing for ,other than hypothetical SOO payments or "sponsorships" which with a pending court case they would be unlikely to get anyway.They could make a case that they could have had a stella year and increased their value on the other hand the NRL could say well you could have been injured all year ,who knows ?
They can't sue for damage to their reputations as they are the ones awaiting trial for alleged crimes. So maybe there is a possibility to get this draconian , sub-judice and knee jerk policy disbanded on the basis that everyone is entitled to their day in court and are innocent until proven guilty and that it is interfering with natural justice .Its only there because Greenburg's daughters suggested it in any case.
Over to you Stephen Humphreys

Im not sure about Brandon Smith ,he may have had an off night last night and maybe playing 80 mins pretty much might be to much but he threw a few wayward passes and strikes me more as 2nd rower who can relieve at 9 as opposed to a genuine 9 like Grant ( I could be wrong just my observation)

I agree Smith is not a classical dummy half, his forte is his dynamic running game & bringing energy to the team. However, he has indicated he wants to leave the Storm if the other Smith stays on next year. Seems Grant has much more all round ability & would be the best signing for the Sea Eagles - don't think the Storm will let him go, though.
They can't sue for damage to their reputations as they are the ones awaiting trial for alleged crimes.
I was thinking reputation & unfair treatment. You are probably correct in suggesting this is not a viable basis for legal action.
So maybe there is a possibility to get this draconian , sub-judice and knee jerk policy disbanded on the basis that everyone is entitled to their day in court and are innocent until proven guilty
This is the most important change needed. Everyone has seen the footage & knows what Lodge did, but his career was able to continue after he met certain conditions (more imposed once he began playing NRL again). Whereas, the public does not know what actually happened in JBD & Manase's cases, yet their whole lives have been turned upside as result of a decision by incompetent administrators. Then again, Manase's bail conditions would also need to be altered to allow him to play if the stand down rule was changed.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8