Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The kid has been in a nightmare world. Not only has the ever delayed stabbing charge kept him away from the only thing he's good at (really good at), he's also had four shoulder surgeries
Yes. And I suspect some people underestimate just how stressful it can be waiting for trial on serious charges. Being on bail is preferable to being bail refused but in some ways just as bad.

The trial begins in one week, hopefully it won't dominate the news because there is so much other crap occuring in the world right now. However there is certainly potential for plenty of 'unhelpful' publicity for Manly, and also the potential for our end of season to be adversely affected. On the other hand, a not guilty verdict could be a big boost for squad morale even though Manase won't be playing this year (surely).

So is he no chance to play this season if found not guilty ?
Very doubtful, but not impossible. It would require a very speedy trial resulting in a not guilty verdict. Then an ultra impressive return through Blacktown and a massive injury toll at hooker.

From seeing him last night I'm guessing he has been told to not worry about footy until the trial is over and the earliest we will see him back is next year.

Last edited:
I'm curious about what will happen next year if Fainu's matter is dismissed. and he signs up with Manly again. I had little time for Croker a few years back, but he's become a real revelation. His high work load performance and developing skill makes me wonder how Manly are going to manage the two. Reminds me of the Johnny Gibbs/Steve Martin situation back in '78. We kept the mercurial Gibbs and let the work horse Martin go. Then Gibbs was forced to retire because of his injuries. Will they share the duties? Will one find himself on the outer. I've become increasingly impressed with Croker. Yep he's won me over. But Fainu before was a class act. Glad I'm no a selector.

I would expect Fainu to start from the bench & share the dummy half role, similar to when he played with Api. When Walker leaves, we won't have dynamic no. 14 player. All being well, Schuster should start at 6.
Yep, Fainu gets Walkers role and spells Froggy as required.

Fainu has a very similar skill set to Dylan: speed, footwork, balance, vision and soft hands.

What about Lawton?

Word was he'll be taking over Walker's role off the bench next year...
Word?What word?Silvertails rumour/opinion?
Manly under Des,are flat out releasing information about a players injury,let alone giving people the inside word about which player is likely to be a utility,a season away

I'm curious about what will happen next year if Fainu's matter is dismissed. and he signs up with Manly again. I had little time for Croker a few years back, but he's become a real revelation. His high work load performance and developing skill makes me wonder how Manly are going to manage the two. Reminds me of the Johnny Gibbs/Steve Martin situation back in '78. We kept the mercurial Gibbs and let the work horse Martin go. Then Gibbs was forced to retire because of his injuries. Will they share the duties? Will one find himself on the outer. I've become increasingly impressed with Croker. Yep he's won me over. But Fainu before was a class act. Glad I'm no a selector.
Even if Fainu comes back we still don’t know how his shoulder will hold up nor his level of fitness…. Hold onto Crocker!!

Just sayin’

You'll probably find Croker will start next season with Fainu replacing Walker on the bench. I would assume Fainu will play the same role when we had Api.

Word?What word?Silvertails rumour/opinion?
Manly under Des,are flat out releasing information about a players injury,let alone giving people the inside word about which player is likely to be a utility,a season away

His manager said he was promised, so he'll either get it or walk.... oh wait, wrong player

I’m not expecting Fainu to feature this season even if found not guilty. It’s a shame as I thought he was physically dominant back in 2019 in ways that not even Cameron Smith could be. I also think we were more of a chance in the finals in 2019 than 2021

I’m not expecting Fainu to feature this season even if found not guilty. It’s a shame as I thought he was physically dominant back in 2019 in ways that not even Cameron Smith could be. I also think we were more of a chance in the finals in 2019 than 2021
Agree re 2019. I’ve said a few times we could have gone all the way that year. Stronger team than the 2021 team except no turbo.

That's because these guys aren't checked for mental health at the club. Some of them I suppose didn't have good role models and guidance as children. That's why they say and do some stupid things. Not all players grow up in loving families with good parental role models. But they`re still young people and can, with the right mentorship, become not just good soccer players, but better people. That takes a long road of psychological rehabilitation. My fellow officer also once stumbled, and his parents hired Army Military Defense Lawyers Court-Martial Attorneys - Military Lawyers. He was acquitted, but his parents still saw fit to send him to rehab.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8