Manase Fainu - Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah reality is now they live in area keep away from dickheads.
As we know Latu Fainu is earmarked as Dce replacement its important they live beach lifestyle and not gangland western sydney
There are still crime elements on the northern beaches but I hear what you're saying. We need him to keep his nose clean. No coke pun intended.

I'm not sure what the Manly club values are anymore. I'm a 50 plus year Manly supporter but I'm certainly not looking (or ever did) for any values guidance from anyone at the club. It's a footy club!! I just want the Club to be functional, to have players that are normal civil human beings and to love playing their footy for this club. That's all.
I speak to all the Golden Eagles in the Golden Eagle functions

These are the Great Manly Man that know our Great club better than most and they have nothing but praise for the club that honors them year after year

I speak to all the Golden Eagles in the Golden Eagle functions

These are the Great Manly Man that know our Great club better than most and they have nothing but praise for the club that honors them year after year
I think it's great that the club recognises former players Bozo but I'm not sure how that's a significant "values" issue. It's just a good thing to do.

For me “manly values” are simply exciting attacking play, think Johnny Gibbs and Phil Blake, Snake, Tommy.

It was especially clear in the 80s when the game was being bogged down with defence and boring play, eg canterbury. Manly were a shining light of attacking play. The 87 team really stood out in a dour period of rugby league.

I think it's great that the club recognises former players Bozo but I'm not sure how that's a significant "values" issue. It's just a good thing to do.
Our Legendary club not only recognises former players but it also and nurtures young players as well feathered friend

God bless the Great Manly bosom and the Great nurturer of great young players since 1947

Picture Compliments from Manly Media
See the source image

The Value perspective of the Legendary Manly club

The words expressed by our latest life member and the impact and the extraordinary honour he has felt

Ross said he was very humbled to receive the life membership.

“It is a massive honour for myself and my family to be fortunate enough to be at this club for what will be my 27th season (in 2023),'' Ross said.

“It is just amazing to have my name associated with some absolute legends of this club. It is mind blowing.

“To think this is the club I supported as a kid and sat on the hill to watch Cliffy Lyons run around, and to be here today in front of you all, is very humbling."
Alex Ross

It is Indeed a great honour to be valued by the Greatest club of all Alex Ross

Proud moment...Alex Ross with Warwick Bulmer (left) and Lachlan Croker following the presentation of his Life Membership at Manly Leagues Club

Our Legendary club not only recognises former players but it also and nurtures young players as well feathered friend

God bless the Great Manly bosom and the Great nurturer of great young players since 1947

See the source image
I don't think that's something unique to our club Bozo but I certainly hope we continue to look after our young up and comers and that they repay the work we put into them. But you know as well as I do Bozo, that it's a business these days and a lot of players will have one eye on the club they're with and the other on the next best deal. And clubs (including Manly) will discard players if they see it as in our best interest. So again, let's just hope the new regime gets their sh!t together (and I feel they are trying to do that) and the club can both be an organisation that is seen to be developing and supporting players and hence, re-establishes itself as a great place to play footy.

I don't think that's something unique to our club Bozo but I certainly hope we continue to look after our young up and comers and that they repay the work we put into them. But you know as well as I do Bozo, that it's a business these days and a lot of players will have one eye on the club they're with and the other on the next best deal. And clubs (including Manly) will discard players if they see it as in our best interest. So again, let's just hope the new regime gets their sh!t together (and I feel they are trying to do that) and the club can both be an organisation that is seen to be developing and supporting players and hence, re-establishes itself as a great place to play footy.
I do know very well sport is a business these days feathered friend

and I also know that it is all our business and responsibility
Officials players and fans To be great contributors and make and impact

AS this impact by all of us is essential to our success

I will leave you with this quote from one of the Greatest Patriotic leaders
ASK NOT WHAT YOUR LEGENDARY MANY SEA EAGLES CLUB CAN DO FOR YOU
ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR LEGENDARY CLUB

Picture compliments from Manly Media
full-season-block.png

FULL SEASON PACKAGES​

Reserved Seating and General Admission packages available
View Full Season Packages

I do know very well sport is a business these days feathered friend

and I also know that it is all our business and responsibility
Officials players and fans To be great contributors and make and impact

AS this impact by all of us is essential to our success

I will leave you with this quote from one of the Greatest Patriotic leaders
ASK NOT WHAT YOUR LEGENDARY MANY SEA EAGLES CLUB CAN DO FOR YOU
ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR LEGENDARY CLUB

Picture compliments from Manly Media
full-season-block.png

FULL SEASON PACKAGES​

Reserved Seating and General Admission packages available
View Full Season Packages
Mate, I have my 23 members pack on the way and my Manly beany and scarf ready for the freezing New York winter weather shortly. I'll send you a happy snap when I'm there freezing my maroon and white arse off. @:D

Mate, I have my 23 members pack on the way and my Manly beany and scarf ready for the freezing New York winter weather shortly. I'll send you a happy snap when I'm there freezing my maroon and white arse off. @:D
Loyal Manly People like you and the life line of our legendary club are my Manly Heros and my Inspiration

God Bless you feathered friend xxx

"Have you ever spotted Scotty our honorable owner in New York ?

Loyal People like you and the life line of out legendary club are my Manly Heros and my Inspiration

God Bless you feathered friend xxx

"Have you ever spotted Scotty our honorable owner in New York ?
We're having tea together. I'll see if I can get you an invite.

Think that you were the first one on here who mentioned the incident and Manase 's possible involvement and which many of us doubted in the early stages [ including me ] . Certainly well informed on this one and the previous ongoing stages .
I know people who were there. I got a call the next morning before news had broke. I was hoping that it wasn't true but I trusted my sources. Anyway, let's support the guys who are representing the team now. Too much time has been spent on this. Bring on 2023

Fantasyland Bozo. About 20 years ago I met the mother of a very high profile Manly star who had moved on to a different club. She said while they were playing well the club treated them great, but when they got hurt or lost form ... the love swiftly disappeared.
I'm sure all clubs are similar in that regard, pro sport is ruthless and support for players who aren't producing on the field will only be offered in a very calculating way.
To clarify SER8 - Manly treated him like that, or his new club?

To clarify SER8 - Manly treated him like that, or his new club?
Manly. I did a job for the mother of the Blake brothers and that was her opinion.
Of course mums will be protective of the interests of their kids but I don't really doubt it, also I'm sure all clubs are similar. Ruthless decisions made all the time in professional sport, can't knock it actually but it does give the lie to fantasies about clubs lovingly tending to their own. Teammates will usually form very strong bonds, but bonds with 'clubs' (businesses) are less common. For example, there's not too many of our recent golden generation still actively involved with the club. The organisation is poorer for it.

Don 't think that Manly are doing that bad in drawing a reasonable proportion of former players back into the fold so to speak from the past 15 years or so . Beaver very actively involved , Mark Bryant generally around the scene . Snake , Ballin and Monas some recent involvement , . jason King was in the background a bit ? A lot of ex players from all clubs just simply go and move else where or return to the regions or areas they originally came from but no big deal and good that the club is now trying to put some focus on the Manly heritage and proud history type perspective . Shame that Phil Blake did have to part ways with Manly , guess that the club just preferred to go with guys like Hasler , ,Mitchell Cox , Cliffy and Tony Melrose to get them top billing again . Think that even Michael Blake eventually moved onto Souths for a brief time but only think .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4