Manase Fainu - Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Was there any suggestion that Manase was partly acting in self defence . Not to in any way down play the seriousness of his actions but thought there was some reference of a baseball bat with one of the other group . Obviously had no influence on the final verdict regardless . Gee i hate the frequent incidences of knife attacks in the recent decade or so in Australia . A knife attack in many cases can be simply fatal with the damage it can do . Certainly hard to control people choosing to carry knives around or using them in violent incidences but again just seems a terrible problem in society in general and some of the mindsets associated with them .
I believe the defence raised was related to identification. So defence tried to argue that Fainu was there, but he wasn't carrying the knife and didn't stab the victim.

One thing that still intrigues me is .. what was the motive? ... stabbing someone because they asked you to leave a church social seems a tad of an over-reaction .... did it just seem like a good idea at the time?
From promising footballer with the potential to earn several million dollars in income over a decade or so - if his career had gone according to plan - to a bloke who may well be scraping for an existence when he is eventually released from prison.

Talk about poor judgement.

I am posting this as a new thread to hopefully have it kept clean of racism and off topic chat.

As it currently stands Manase Fainu has been found guilty of the crime he was tried for, that is the current fact. There may be an appeal, I am not clear on that yet. If an appeal is put forward, he he is then found not guilty then he is innocent of the crime.

Keep that in mind when contributing here. Do not post racist and off topic posts.

This thread may be removed, as its relation to Rugby League is fragile.

All I can say Dan is this is a damned sad apparent end to what should have been an outstanding football career. If he is guilty, it means one moment of madness has destroyed a champion competitor. All one can hope for is that for his sake, the lesson is learned.

All I can say Dan is this is a damned sad apparent end to what should have been an outstanding football career. If he is guilty, it means one moment of madness has destroyed a champion competitor. All one can hope for is that for his sake, the lesson is learned.
….and all we can hope for the victim is that he is not physically and emotionally scared!

Just sayin’

….and all we can hope for the victim is that he is not physically and emotionally scared!

Just sayin’

Goes without saying MT. I'm in no way diminishing his culpability. Merely expressing sadness that he's got such talent and has worked so hard to get there and then does something that has virtually ended his dreams. But in no way am I suggested he deesnt deserve the punishment he will receive.

All these players who are associated with gangs means nothing but trouble, especially if they come from the western suburbs where there's a turf war going on.

Gangster Perspective time

You guys want to talk about Gangsters ?

These are the Real Gangsters

These are the Manly Mafia and mother of all Gangsters

Randall
Boyd
Mossop
Ian Roberts
Spud
Oneill
Mal Reilly
Ronny Gibbs
John Harvey
Flegler

Please let me know if I have forgotten any one else ?

See the source image

Gangster Perspective time

You guys want to talk about Gangsters ?

These are the Real Gangsters

These are the Manly Mafia and mother of all Gangsters

Randall
Boyd
Mossop
Ian Roberts
Spud
Oneill
Mal Reilly
Ronny Gibbs
John Harvey
Flegler

Please let me know if I have forgotten any one else ?

See the source image
I see what you have done, and feathered friend our guys you mentioned certainly ran roughshod over many, they were tough guys that played hard, however I think you downplay the downside of the current punk gangsters - the ethnic gangs that are rife unfortunately among young Polynesians they are not the tough hard men of league but bully gangs that would hide under the pretence of being godly yet carry knives that they are willing to plunge into another young mans back .... we don't need, and I personally don't want that type of gangsta playing for my club

Gangs are no different now than they were in the past, just a little better weaponized and some better organised. There have been notorious gangs of the past among the Irish, Italian, Vietnamese, Chinese, Romanians, Lebanese, Catholics, Protestants etc etc. Polynesian gangs are just the latest manifestation of such activity. Nothing new. 6th century Constantinople had one of the most vicious gangs in the Blues and the Greens. Peaky Blinders is just one English gang on TV based on an historical gang of Birmingham. Gangs have existed throughout history and usually get together as protection against others who threaten them. Sometimes the gangs are within single ethnic groups, such as the Assyrians in the Fairfield area in the 80s and 90s. Many of the members of such gangs will finally drift away and become stable citizens. Many will do goal time. Some will die. Human nature I'm afraid

Gangs are no different now than they were in the past, just a little better weaponized and some better organised. There have been notorious gangs of the past among the Irish, Italian, Vietnamese, Chinese, Romanians, Lebanese, Catholics, Protestants etc etc. Polynesian gangs are just the latest manifestation of such activity. Nothing new. 6th century Constantinople had one of the most vicious gangs in the Blues and the Greens. Peaky Blinders is just one English gang on TV based on an historical gang of Birmingham. Gangs have existed throughout history and usually get together as protection against others who threaten them. Sometimes the gangs are within single ethnic groups, such as the Assyrians in the Fairfield area in the 80s and 90s. Many of the members of such gangs will finally drift away and become stable citizens. Many will do goal time. Some will die. Human nature I'm afraid
Have they always been weaponised for drug distribution as the 4 Corners program highlighted with the poor Polynesian kids in the Western Suburbs?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4