Man of the Match??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
It looked as though Monas got the MOM on fox sports - mine was Kite though. Opinions

I thought Kite, but with Monas's chip and the end and a hand in all the tries I can't begrudge that at all.

My points were:
3 Kite
2 Monas
1 Um - everyone else? (Good team performance)

Monas for mine set up all 3 try's great defence and kick chase some good (and a few bad) clearing kicks, was the difference between the 2 sides

Yeah I thought King was great too.

Who stole our wimpy King that played for 30 minutes for 3 hit ups and replaced him with one of the comps top props over the off season?

Monaghan for me.

Was I the only one watching him smash everyone in defence??

He flattened anyone that ran at him... and then with the set up of Robbo's try and the chip kick to win, I've got to give it to him.

3. Mona's
2. Kite
1. King

G. Stewart dropped a bit of pill but **** he got through some work... would love to see his stats.

Yeah I thought King was great too.

Who stole our wimpy King that played for 30 minutes for 3 hit ups and replaced him with one of the comps top props over the off season?

King man of the match closely followed by Monnas.

Where is that great fool Matabele now? Too busy eating humble pie I bet!

One of the rules i use for the MOM points is if two players are similar in their efforts for the game i place the overriding emphasis on who made that bold play that turned the tide of the game or scored points that made the difference.

Sounds a lot like Monas tonight.

yeah Monas, had a good game - still some ordinary kicks, but ably filling in at #7. I thought Burns's kicking game a little off tonight.
I know it's hard to resist for some, but let's not bother with the Mata thing, it's old. He'll get his day when manly have a loss and all of a sudden he thinks his opinion is justified. Can we just enjoy the win and discuss the game and a number of players performances.

3-2-1? tough....between Kite, King and Monas.

yeah Monas, had a good game - still some ordinary kicks, but ably filling in at #7. I thought Burns's kicking game a little off tonight.
I know it's hard to resist for some, but let's not bother with the Mata thing, it's old. He'll get his day when manly have a loss and all of a sudden he thinks his opinion is justified. Can we just enjoy the win and discuss the game and a number of players performances.

3-2-1? tough....between Kite, King and Monas.

No one is mate.

Jatz, I do the same as you.... The game was scrappy but the two that were the best for us were Mona's and Kite.. Mona's came up with the goods when needed so he gets it for me too.

Kite should be run on front rower for the Anzac Test.. What a great player.

Wheel, change the last prop in your signature to Kite

Oh yeah, sorry mate.. all good.

I think a special mention for Man of the Match should goto Andrew Ryan for electing to take the 2 points instead of going on the attack at the end there :lol:

What is the difference between a 2 and 4 point lead :lol:

I knew they would regret that decision

I'd like to give the back row a wrap. 80 minutes straight against that pack and still kept going.

Hard to split Kite or Monas 4 MOM. I'll leave it as a tie. Top efforts.

Greeat game. Tough defense. Train ride home was good, gave it to all those rapists. M.o.m. even tie between Kite, King and Monas. Monas delivery of the chip and chase for Bell's try was exceptional. I'm of bagging Monas until his next bad game. Lyon let me down tonight, dropped ball might have proved costly. Good to see Bell get his, although his game is faltering. Maybe the try will get him back on track. Glenn Stewart was OK as was Brett. Hall made some metres and went good. Willo exceptional in defense as was the whole team really, except for that try after the break. PL was not good. They decided to play in the second half but it wasn't pretty to watch. Simpkins definitely was not on our side or even close. I thought he'd give them the penalty when Burns went a little high at the death. Would have been a travesty. Well done guys. Totally well done.

Oh yeah, sorry mate.. all good.

I think a special mention for Man of the Match should goto Andrew Ryan for electing to take the 2 points instead of going on the attack at the end there :lol:

What is the difference between a 2 and 4 point lead :lol:

I knew they would regret that decision

ABC grandstand were all over that decision too Nutz

IN SUPPORT OF IT.............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had same thought as you. They would regret it.

That two point penalty was the turning point. I asked many dog supporters why, and they were as bewildered as I was happy.

I have been watching RL for more than 40 years and if that was obstruction with Burns about to plant it over the line then I am the resultant love child of a tryst in the toilets of Clovelly Hotel. FFS. We have had something like 15 tries disallowed in the last 4 weeks.

I agree MB. I too am an old hand at the watching thing and I thought Simpkins had a poor game, except that he didn't fall for the penalty puller at the end when Burns went a trifle high. There was absolutely no obstruction in the Burns try.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4