Major Sponsorship

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Todd link said:
No business in their right mind would put good money up for Manly at the moment. I love the club as much as all of you - but I run a decent business and it would damage my brand to be associated with the club after the Brett Stewart trial... regardless of his acquittal - mud sticks and the lay consumer is ill-informed. Add to that pathetic home crowds, fair weather fans and a piss poor free to air program last year - we don't make for a solid investment. This sort of sponsorship is put in the social/corporate responsibility bucket - and we don't fit the bill at present.

I suspect that when they get a new major sponsor - which they will - the vast majority of what they provide will probably be contra products/services along with a reduced cash payment. Which could be an OK scenario if they can partner with someone whose products/services can reduce overall operating costs.

They need to look local - somewhere where they can use their biggest asset - the players. Somewhere where the mud from last year is not as thick as it is seen through maroon & white glasses. We need someone whose market is Manly.... the big multinationals are great - but it's pie in the sky - there is more than enough money in the North of Sydney to make this a highly successful club.

A strategic plan where the sponsor is only one of many strings to the bow of revenue is the biggest step forward they can make - but hey, they may have one of those.... but I am sure they wouldn't tell us if they did :)
I'm certainly not of the business savvy intellect,
but the points you make seem very reasonable, even to me.

byso link said:
One thing is no Jerseys on sale this xmas untill we get a sponsor

Get people to get you a voucher for photo prints from Big W then? - Do I have to think of everything Byso? (LOL)

Granted though, your point is a concern but to be honest anything "Sea Eagles" sells at Christmas and the new strips coming just before the new season perhaps give the club a second opportunity for revenue raising which of course is important?

blitzkrieg link said:
Somethings not right somewhere if we're the only team without a sponsor though!?! :-\

We'll have jersey's mate..

When they come out... email me and I'll make sure that our number 1 signs his jersery and you pay overs as a sign of respect. ... sorted?

They should promote a charity, like Canterbury did with Camp Quality, until a decent offer comes in.

The Sydney Children's Hospital, for example.

Would much prefer this to Delmege on the front of our jerseys again.

pat flynn link said:
They should promote a charity, like Canterbury did with Camp Quality, until a decent offer comes in.

The Sydney Children's Hospital, for example.

Would much prefer this to Delmege on the front of our jerseys again.

Exactly!!!

This is the sort of thing that helped repair the bulldogs image. But it should be someone local like Arronoubi or house with no steps... someone we already work with. We need to give a lot to get a lot.... I am sure we already give a lot - but let's give some in the public eye!!

vidmar link said:
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=185878.msg306101#msg306101 date=1289821249]
Somethings not right somewhere if we're the only team without a sponsor though!?! :-\

When they come out... email me and I'll make sure that our number 1 signs his jersery and you pay overs as a sign of respect. ... sorted?
[/quote]

Vidmar, bit touchy are we. It was a simple statement by me, just saying something must be wrong somewhere. My mistake for speaking out loud during your brainwashed communist rant, I guess! As for paying overs, have a look at ANY merchandise its all overs my friend!

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=185878.msg306103#msg306103 date=1289826737]

[/quote]

Vidmar, bit touchy are we. It was a simple statement by me, just saying something must be wrong somewhere. My mistake for speaking out loud during your brainwashed communist rant, I guess! As for paying overs, have a look at ANY merchandise its all overs my friend!
[/quote]

Sorry Blitzkrieg, in hindsight my post was a touch rough and you were right to call it as such.

I agree it will be good to hear something concrete from the club but I guess the regular beasting that some seem to enjoy giving the club on any and everything wears thin after a while.

Knowing the passionate people that are working on the sponsorship aspect I have every confidence that they are doing what they can to finalise a deal

vidmar link said:
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=185878.msg306153#msg306153 date=1289877835]
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=185878.msg306103#msg306103 date=1289826737]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Blitzkrieg, in hindsight my post was a touch rough and you were right to call it as such.

I agree it will be good to hear something concrete from the club but I guess the regular beasting that some seem to enjoy giving the club on any and everything wears thin after a while.

Knowing the passionate people that are working on the sponsorship aspect I have every confidence that they are doing what they can to finalise a deal
[/quote]

No worries Vid, by the way I'm sure your not a communist (not that theres anything wrong with that!). I'm not bashing anyone, Lowie etc I'm just worried for OUR great club. Like all of us, we just want success, on and off the field. We're a great product and I have faith. :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4