Major Sponsor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hate negative threads and we needed a sponsor but I am far from satisfied with the time it took and it will need to be as good as tge Melbourne deal to make me think lowie has done well.

My guess is we will have pink or green somewhere on our jersey.

Someone at work mentioned that he thought we had signed a deal with Bunnings a few weeks ago, I told him I didn't know anything.

I wonder if it was inside info, or the usual crap I get from my customers.

Awesome news. If it is bunnings the green and red would logo would look terrible on the maroon and white. However, beggars can't be choosers. Green and red would still be better than nothing at all.

Do you reckon it's URM, a few weeks, they did knock them back, maybe the owner upped the dough?? URM are big bucks in Europe so that sounds good.

The Reed Group - they give away pot fulls at matches to charity.
Perhaps they saw us a worthy cause.
:)

http://www.urmgroup.com.au/

they have a photo of Manly player on their main page.

Have we got any affiliation with them at the moment or is this a hint of whats to come.

Yep
KaZa link said:

Have we got any affiliation with them at the moment or is this a hint of whats to come.
Must be them. Pokes out like dogs balls. Well spotted.

They are a ground sponsor previously. I have a mate who is fairly high up in URM so will see if he has heard anything...

they have been working up the chain as a sponsor with our club, not major yet but still if we have been chatting to a business for a couple of weeks and it was mentioned there was a knocked back bid from them earlier in the month??

It was mentioned that at last awards night URM was putting alot more money into sponsorship with us. As it has been mentioned, the owner is well off and probably a Manly fan by supporting us, maybe sponsorship instead of ownership is his avenue?? Great to have a rich major sponsor on board if that's the case. You can see what Tinkler will eventually do for Knights.

It is URM  ;). A number of URM people are apparently flying down with the club to Melb for the game and celebrating as becoming a sponsor.

thanks Adam, see what else you can find out, good to have an "insider". Well, that's a relief for the club, bring on 2011 and go the Snake and Wolfman

KaZa link said:

The sign in the background clearly says URM.

URM are based in Frenchs Forest and service I guess most of the Northern councils plus Leichhardt, Sydney and Canterbury so being local it makes more sense having a Manly player on their front page.

And with that it makes sense being the major sponsor.  Whoever it is it's great news, hopefully the dollars are high and longterm.  Oh and please let their logo fit in with the jersey.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6