MAINTAIN THE RAGE - Get Brett his apology

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice conspiracy theory Fro.  My motivation is purely about providing a tangible pathway for Stewart to know some fans care anough about the injustices served on him that they'll do what the can.  And the $100,000 back to Manly might be handy.

It's easy to sit on the fence, cast stones and carp though, isn't it Fro?

Gallop needs to be reminded of Matthew 7:1-3 as it relates to his treatment of Stewart.

Just sent this through to the NRL:

I took the time to contact the NRL and as a fan who this year has attended every Manly game in NSW, went to 3 Penrith games, Origins 1 & 2,  I will be attending the Grand Final on Sunday and the All Stars match, I am the kind of fan you need to keep, so I expect my comments will be taken seriouslly and would appreciate a non-generic reply. It's time for David Gallop to be a man and admit that he made a mistake or resign immediately! Brett Stewart has been found innocent by a jury and the evidence at the trial from police officers suggested that at all times he was courteous, sober and professional.  David Gallop needs to apologise to Stewart and his family for the statements he made maligning Brett's conduct.  He also needs to acknowledge the suspension he imposed on him was unfair and inconsistent with his actions on players who have misbehaved prior and post March 2009.  He also needs to return the $100,000 fine imposed on Manly for supporting Stewart, as any employer would have done in the circumstances.  Until these two things happen I intend to highlight the need for them to happen at every opportunity, and will also boycott sponsors associated with the NRL and I will be letting the sponsors know that I will not be using their products. I live in Western Sydney, I believe we will have an AFL team in 2012, there is something to think about!

& I sent VB what you had written Mata!!

I wasnt suggesting a conspiracy, you are quite open about what you are doing, and i dont doubt you are sincere in your aims.

I do however suggest your motives are a little selfish.

And fair call on the Matt reference, although 4 and 5 are also worth looking at in this whole context also.

And don't confuse lack of hysteria with fence sitting.

Fro, you can digest 7:6. 

And if I cared so much for my status on the site I would conduct myself differently.  I've been the dog's body and agitator for 6 years, it's not going to change anytime soon.  It's a neccessary role. 

ads link said:
Are there really enough people here that a boycott will be noticable in the eyes of the national companies that are NRL sponsors?

I doubt it. We would need the support of supporters from other clubs to have any effect.  Which shouldn't be hard, since Gallop's incompetence has affected most clubs in some way

The Hasler Code link said:
[quote author=ads link=topic=185616.msg300147#msg300147 date=1285895912]
Are there really enough people here that a boycott will be noticable in the eyes of the national companies that are NRL sponsors?

I doubt it. We would need the support of supporters from other clubs to have any effect.  Which shouldn't be hard, since Gallop's incompetence has affected most clubs in some way
[/quote]  In the past I have flirted with the idea of starting up a Facebook group for all fans to reclaim their game.

Another idea would be a site where 10,000 people would commit to give $1 to any coach willing to slam the ridiculous officialdom.  Imagine if there was a regular fighting fund to allow Hasler or any coach to tee off in the wake of the decisions we copped this year?  Problem is the NRL would probably just increase the fine. 

I know exactly what your role has been, and its one you have revelled in and done well at.

My question to you is if you take a step back and look at the good works that have been taken in relation to this site over the last couple of weeks, is stirring up the nuffies (sorry nuffies) really going to achieve anything?

Matabele link said:
Another idea would be a site where 10,000 people would commit to give $1 to any coach willing to slam the ridiculous officialdom.  Imagine if there was a regular fighting fund to allow Hasler or any coach to tee off in the wake of the decisions we copped this year?  Problem is the NRL would probably just increase the fine.  

Haha that's great. Sounds like a good idea. Even if no coaches ever took up the offer it would be good publicity.

The Hasler Code link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185616.msg300158#msg300158 date=1285896867]
Another idea would be a site where 10,000 people would commit to give $1 to any coach willing to slam the ridiculous officialdom.  Imagine if there was a regular fighting fund to allow Hasler or any coach to tee off in the wake of the decisions we copped this year?  Problem is the NRL would probably just increase the fine. 

Haha that's great. Sounds like a good idea. Even if no coaches ever took up the offer it would be good publicity.
[/quote]
I think if you got over 10,000 people to sign up to it, it would at the very least show a large number of people who believe the officials involved in the game are useless!

So now you are taking on the Referees because of the Stewart treatment???

I didn't see Shayne Hayne and Tony Archer in the papers last March..

Fro link said:
So now you are taking on the Referees because of the Stewart treatment???

I didn't see Shayne Hayne and Tony Archer in the papers last March..
No for, read it again.  Just putting out there other ideas I've had over the year to raise this issue of stakeholder discontent with the totality of NRL.  I came up with the 10,000 idea after we were robed in Round 2 (?) vs the Eels.  I didnlt go through with it because in the end I just dont have the time 'to do it, but would have no problem if someone 'stole' the idea and did it themselves.

And as much as I enjoy our jovial sparring, I also don't have time for it.  Those who wish to follow the pathways provided may do so.  If you don't want to be associated with it, that's fine Fro.  I've always gone by the maxim the only bad publicity is your obituary. 

I am aware of the difference Matas, that was more aimed at a few of your disciples posts.

Actually I'd suggest that a better maxim for you would be

"The only thing worse than people talking about you, is people not talking about you" :)

I don't think this is going to achieve anything and think it s more polarizing than positive.

We have done some great work in the past year in getting this site the recognition it deserves, I am concerned that this will derail all that we have done.

I don't want to be seen as a yes man in anyway, however whilst I can certainly understand the sentiment and reasoning behind this, I honestly can't see this as positive or productive. So in light of that, I am going to lock this thread, happy for people to fight their chosen crusades, but I am not sure this is the best way to do it.

Personally I believe and it is my opinion that the NRL and David Gallop were wrong in the way that they treated Brett Stewart, not only for the punishment but also for their reasoning and enforcing it based on rumour and media rather than through the process of proper investigation and procedure.

I personally feel that it was a knee-jerk reaction to the reports. As such I think that the actions taken were wrong, and that Brett may have had his name irreversibly tarnished by it, however there is no disputing that the media attention and reporting on the issue did bring the game into disrepute and therefore David Gallop certainly had to take some action, this however seems as though it perhaps was misdirected.

The benefit of hindsight is a powerful thing, and I also believe it would be very difficult and dangerous for the NRL to apologize to Brett Stewart whether the apology be warranted or not. The fact is it just opens a very big can of worms and it is questionable whether that would be beneficial for the game over all.

I certainly hope that Brett does get an apology and some how finds some redemption in all of this.

I also think that it is not our responsibility to fight this battle, and feel that we may be doing more damage than good in continuing to stoke the fires. If it were me who was in this situation, I certainly would not want anyone taking up the fight on my behalf, and after having my name cleared, I would probably like to let sleeping dogs lie and just put it behind me as quickly as possible and no apology would aid in that. Or i would leave it in the hands of my legal team to advise whether there is or was any further action that I could take.

I also understand all of the angst and anger there is around the club, it's fans, Brett Stewart, his family and friends, I feel it too. Personally, I will never see the NRL body in the same light as I once did, and will always struggle to think favourably of David Gallop, though I am sure he will not lose sleep over it, the largess of the problem here is that unfortunately, I love the game too much and love the Sea Eagles too much to mount any meaningful boycott. Sure I can stop watching other games, stop subscribing to Austar to get the games and stop buying merchandise, but in doing so, that not only hurts the game, but would also hurt the club more, something I am not willing to do.

I certainly think that if you are angry or feel that you need to express that, then the best avenue to do so would probably be through letters to the parties who you feel have aggrieved you, this however is not a call to arms, and I do not condone any form of SPAM in fact quite the opposite.

I also think that should you wish for your mail, emails etc to have the greatest impact, then take time in writing them, take care and put your ideas and issues in a well thought out manner. Rather than attack, state your reasons for being upset and how that has effected you. and suggest a reasonable avenue for recourse.

To approach the NRL in a scathing or attacking manner will only bring on a defensive attitude, and is likely to get you seen as one of the loons, it may even get you into trouble depending on what you say. Whilst I may tend to ere on the side of caution, I have found through my years that you get a better response to complaints and grievances when you take the emotion out of it and act through thought and not hysteria.

But as mentioned my opinion of the NRL personally has been somewhat diminished by this event and I will no longer look at them the same. How this will manifest and what I can do to show this dissatisfaction, I do not know, only time will tell.

I 100% support Brett Stewart and feel a gut wrenching pain for what he has had to go through at the hands of this allegation and at the way he was treated by the NRL, I hope he finds his peace soon.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4