MAINTAIN THE RAGE - Get Brett his apology

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Compiling a list; Name & Shame

Those peanuts that have (lets use Smited or had him guilty without the facts) Brett over the last 18 months;
David Galop
Paul Kent
Josh Massoud
Rebbecca Wilson
Daily telegraph
Jacquelin Magnay
Paul Vautin
Zahvros from the roar

that's all I can think of atm
also special note certain morons from LU

Re: Compiling a list; Name & Shame

Credibility may be enhanced if you could spell the names correctly...

David Gallop has a law degree he is a lawyer, he should not have condemned brett stewart with out giving him the opportunity  in court to prove him self innocent . WHAT HAPPEN TO THE PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE ; THAT A PERSON IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. THE FACTS NOW ARE THAT BRETT STEWART IS AN INNOCENT MAN AND DAVID GALLOP IS NOT FIT TO BE THE HEAD OF THE NRL HE SHOULD BE THE HEAD OF A SOFT FLACCID PENIS.

SMH has kindly set up a page where you can access all of Magnay's drivel from the one spot.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/people/brett-stewart/by/jacquelin-magnay

I really question the use in this. I understand the anger and angst and I understand supporting Brett Stewart and wanting his name cleared. I just wonder at the wisdom at this emotion driven response

ayjay007 link said:
Whether this is all \"childish rubbish\",or \"going too far\",is irrelevant.As long as the people texting,FBing,e-mailing are civil,and keep it straight and truthful (unlike the gallopin' one),I see no harm in it.It's virtually an online petition.Obviously we can't send a written petition around to get ALL Manly supps to sign,so this is the new online way to do things.What do you guys think happens when some of our better known criminals (you know the ones I mean!!) move around the country to find a place to live...people COMMUNICATE to get them moved on from their area.

Perhaps this is a better vehicle

http://www.petitiononline.com/

And then send that to the NRL?

Re: Australia post

can we keep all these revenge ideas to a single topic please?

I see no reason to clog the boards with multiples of these

I would concur Dan, I understand the anger really I do.....but what do we achieve other than more anger. And ask yourseleves this.....would Brett and family really want this?

I can't answer for them, but I imagine they'd want the whole thing to be put in the past so they can move on.

Sorry if you disagree, but has to be said!

There's no harm in asking for an apology and I'm sure an apology would mean something to Brett. I suspect we have buckley's chance of actually obtaining an apology, but I reckon all avenues to help clear the bloke's name should be pursued.

I think our club should be using all the influence it has, and it probably is, behind the scenes. I also wrote this letter to Phil Gould (something I've never done before!) and am just waiting for channel 9 to get back to me with an email address for him:

"Dear Phil,

Thank you for the way you conducted the interview with Brett Stewart. I'm writing to ask you, as one of the most influential figures within the game of rugby league, to take any opportunity that presents to help restore that young man's good name.  

Brett's image should be restored forthwith to its rightful place on program promos and highlight clips. This would be a public expression of confidence in his innocence, and would help to diminish the stains that will inevitably linger among those who heard he was accused but never heard the details.

I know you are aware that a finding of 'not guilty' means simply 'not proven beyond reasonable doubt'.  Brett will need a lot more than this to fully clear his name. Now, having finally had the chance to watch and hear him speak on TV, can anyone have any doubt at all that this man was falsely accused?

I had the chance through a Manly supporter site (Silvertails.net) to read detailed daily reports of some of the evidence given in court. The character evidence about Brett was nothing less than outstanding. The defence case actually got stronger the longer it went, and criminal lawyers will tell you that is not usually the case. It would appear he is not merely innocent of those awful charges - he is a genuinely outstanding young man.

Realising this, and seeing the state he is in, is disturbing to say the least.

The NRL has failed for 18 months to support Brett in this. In fact by leaping to conclusions they played a role in spreading the view that he did something wrong. I have zero faith the NRL will apologise or take any positive steps to help him now, so I encourage you to take up the cause of helping to restore Brett's name, which I reckon you will be doing anyway.

An online petition that people can sign and just be sent at a given time isn't a bad idea....but I must say this (and shoot me down if you wish).....all of this (texts and e-mails) worries me.

What reputation will this give us as fans?

I feel as much for Brett and family as do you all, and share every bit of anger and grief that you feel as well.... but I wonder if they (the family) would want this action to be happening themseleves.

For my point of view (whatever that is worth) I wonder if we can't just let go, and move on like I am sure the Stewarts are doing.

As Brett said last night, "what's happened can never be changed, it's now about the future" (or something along those lines).

You are barking up the wrong tree unfortunately.

You need to approach the NRL in regards to his treatment for being drunk and refused service during and after an official event.

Furthermore, I think it would also be worth emailing the continuous call team. The times I have listened to them, it has always been interesting hearing them speak of Gallop. In my opinion they don't seem to think much of him.

I think Brett and Manly are owed a lot more than an apology and $100,000 for the loss (financial and other) he has suffered as a result of the actions of the NRL and the media, and I suspect the NRL know it.  This is why Fatty trotted out that pathetic drivel after the interview - but it only made him and the NRL look pathetic and desperate.

The way I see it the NRL and Gallop will only apologise to Brett if it is part of the settlement of a claim against them by Brett or Manly.  Hopefully it will be.  It may never be made public, but if you ever see Gallop stand up and apologise to Brett you can bet your left nut that he is doing it because he is contractually bound to.

This is just my opinion and I may be right or wrong.  If you think sending a constructive text message will help then do it, but I do urge everyone to keep clear of harassing or spamming anyone.

I'm planning on sending an email to the NRL and some of the news outlets, but I personally don't think it will get us anywhere - it's more for the purposes of venting my own anger!

Mark, because petitions have been tried before and have failed.  This is about injecting a certain level of feralness.  The NRL and cohorts treat politness with contempt and in doing so betray their own rudeness and arrogance.  This disgust with the NRL has setthed for a long time.  It's time for Manilla 1986.

Funny you say that I was actually in Manilla in 1986, and I assume you refer to the overthrow of Marcos....my wife rang me to say there were riots on the streets and to get out quick...the funny thing was I had just been for a walk and not seen a thing.

I understand the sentiment Mata's I really do....I just wonder at what it achieves.....but one things for sure isn't it great that we live in a democracy that we can do and say whatever we want....there are plenty around the world that don;t get that same privilege.

I don't think letters will help much.  The only thing Gallop and the NRL understand is money.  Boycotting NRL sponsors is the only thing that will have effect in my opinion.

Online petitions are almost useless and rarely taken seriously.  It would be better to have a purpose built website which clearly outlines the issues and sponsors to boycott, and have it posted to every forum, social network etc.  This also isn't just about Brett.  This is only one of many bungles by Gallop. He's proven time and time again that he's incompetent and incapable of effectively running the game.  People have just become so used to his incompetence that it's just put up with now. Enough is enough

Matabele link said:
But you're the Imelda of Silvertails.

I only own 2 pairs of shoes.

Enjoy trying to re-establish yourself as the spearhead of the Silvertails voice.

It really must have ground your gears DSM getting a lot of well deserved kudos over the last few weeks.

Stirring up the masses might give your ego a workout, apart from that it wont achieve much

Matthew 6:12 Matas.

Are there really enough people here that a boycott will be noticable in the eyes of the national companies that are NRL sponsors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4