Magic Round Farce

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Toddy and Beattie getting their advice from little weed...
46845D71-EEEB-461B-BE0C-C870D06F3713.jpeg

• 🏆
Reactions: Ned
So what's going on with this? Why hasn't Greenturd and the NRL been slammed for this?
They said that 'we said sometime in May'
Even though on the Sunday Footy Show they had Greenturd saying round 10 :cool:

Now its going to be round 9 :)

• 📚
Reactions: Ned
Also I fear the teams playing last, especially if there is a heavy downpour. That oval is going to be wrecked which means injury risk.

If I was the club, I'd be rejecting this round on player safety.

Wont be any worse than Brookie after a 2nd grade match.
And we know the record of injuries there.

By the last game if it's not Brisbane the stadium will be half empty. Like you mentioned people leave when it's not their team.

Also I fear the teams playing last, especially if there is a heavy downpour. That oval is going to be wrecked which means injury risk.

If I was the club, I'd be rejecting this round on player safety.

It could be just like the Auckland Nines at Eden Park. If the Warriors were done for the day, it didn't matter that there might have been another 3 or 4 games still to play, the bulk of the fans just started heading for the exits.

It's a copy of the ESL magic weekend which has been going for years and while the combined weekend crowd figure is 60000+ there are usually no more than 15000 for any one game. Fans of other teams usually just spend the time in the local drinking establishments

Oh deary me, yet another stuff up from Greenturd, wriggle out of this one Teflon Todd.

Message to the club, can this please be the last time we give the Donkeys a free home game? Make them come to the fortress and right out of their comfort zone, there are other ways to make a quid than to give News Filth Donkeys a free ride!!

Not sure about crowds dropping right off.

There is a big contingent of fans from Souths , Saints, Manly, Dogs etc up here.Saints draw massively.
Quite a few of my Sydney mates are heading up. so I reckon you’d get a decent mob making a weekend of it and heading north.

Throw in a well promoted carnival atmosphere and a great entertainment zone around Caxton Steet and Paddington and it can work.This is not 9s. It’s the real deal. The vibe with all the different club supporters will be great.

Would be a flop at Homebush as there is nothing to do outside the ground.
Brisbane people love their league and getting a crowd is a lot easier than the Sydney market.
I despise Toddy and he’s messed up the dates but I
hope this becomes a permanent fixture.

Last edited:

There is a big contingent of fans from Souths , Saints, Manly, Dogs etc up here.Saints draw massively.
Quite a few of my Sydney mates are heading up. so I reckon you’d get a decent mob making a weekend of it and heading north.

Throw in a well promoted carnival atmosphere and a great entertainment zone around Caxton Steet and Paddington and it can work.This is not 9s. It’s the real deal. The vibe with all the different club supporters will be great.

Brisbane people love their league and getting a crowd is a lot easier than the Sydney market.

Have to agree, think it will be an absolute winner.

As you know so much around Caxton Street , Paddo, and it’s only a short walk back to the city.

Although I’d agree with some as I’d be mainly interested in our game and would be so so about the rest.

Sadly ( well not so sad ) I’ll be caravanning from mid April to end of September doing the Kimberley’s.

Heading up to Mitchell Falls and Kulumburu where they tell me the fishing is awesome.

But as a result I will effectively miss most of season 2019 ( other than on my Sat TV).

It works a treat for the ESL so be surprised if, in Brisvegas, it can’t work for the NRL.

Throw in a well promoted carnival atmosphere and a great entertainment zone around Caxton Street and Paddington and it can work.This is not 9s. It’s the real deal. The vibe with all the different club supporters will be great.

I normally head down to Brisbane for the Double Header but I will be giving it (the Magic Round) a miss next year. Too many people and accommodation prices will more than likely be through the roof with all of the out of towners vying for all of the local accommodation.

Have to agree, think it will be an absolute winner.

As you know so much around Caxton Street , Paddo, and it’s only a short walk back to the city.

Although I’d agree with some as I’d be mainly interested in our game and would be so so about the rest.

Sadly ( well not so sad ) I’ll be caravanning from mid April to end of September doing the Kimberley’s.

Heading up to Mitchell Falls and Kulumburu where they tell me the fishing is awesome.

But as a result I will effectively miss most of season 2019 ( other than on my Sat TV).

It works a treat for the ESL so be surprised if, in Brisvegas, it can’t work for the NRL.

I’m off to Monduran and Awoonga for some impoundment barra fishing this evening for 2 or 3 weeks. Crazy fishing apparently in Fitzroy but season closed now. Got a mate who got 10 over a metre at Awoonga last week. Fished there Mark ?
Anyway be good to get away from the off season craziness:)

Check back in when the whips are cracking and Des has us ready to fire

I’m off to Monduran and Awoonga for some impoundment barra fishing this evening for 2 or 3 weeks. Crazy fishing apparently in Fitzroy but season closed now. Got a mate who got 10 over a metre at Awoonga last week. Fished there Mark ?
Anyway be good to get away from the off season craziness:)

Check back in when the whips are cracking and Des has us ready to fire
Yeah my son in law ( R.I.P. Mick) loves going there , so have done it a few times.

Not easy to catch but you can do so.

He was a “ catch and release” guy, I was a “ if they are big enough to eat I’m filleting them”.

Nice spot up there.

Yeah. Tough fishing almost always when I’ve been but apparently it’s just been a crazy season in rivers and dams for some reason.

Good luck, and if you get a few there’s nothing like them on the line !!

Holy **** they jump and battle and twist and turn ( plus the sneaky bastards head for the trees to try and break the line).

Plus , nothing better to eat than wild caught Barra.

• 👍
Reactions: Sue
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7