Mad Monday's

SeaEagleRock8 said:
KE, Garts & co would have the same argument if there'd been a bunch of prostitutes hired for the players piss up. Where's the harm, boys will be boys, etc etc, the media shouldn't be prying. So let's reward the players by buying a few girls for their sexual titillation.

People like these who sneer at the 'objectifying women brigade' think rape, domestic violence, and glass ceilings are part of the natural order. Those unfortunate things have nothing at all to do with societal attitudes to women. Or with economic equality for women. Sheesh, there's a woman in league round, what more could anyone want?

We won't agree on this, so I won't bother going too far in depth with my reply as I have no interest in turning into a Rex v HH debate, I do find the above rubbish though

Lumping my name into your 2nd paragraph is reasonably offensive tbh

DSM5 said:
Yeah, that's the brigade with daughters. They crack me up too.

No, it's more the we must not allow any fun in this world, please think of the poor children, I need something new to complain and protest about brigade

something to even up the scales

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/the-bachelor-australias-tim-robards-has-been-my-topless-entertainer-20130910-2ti87.html

KE you say that as though offending people is a bad thing….yet you posted this?
Kiwi Eagle said:
Lol the 'objectifying of women' brigade crack me up
I agree with HM's post above.
If the women were there for fun, not as a job, I'd have no problem with it. I am not anti-groupie.
While it's hardly the scandal of the year, the point is about what attitudes the NRL is promoting to young men.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
KE you say that as though offending people is a bad thing….yet you posted this?
Kiwi Eagle said:
Lol the 'objectifying of women' brigade crack me up
I agree with HM's post above.
If the women were there for fun, not as a job, I'd have no problem with it. I am not anti-groupie.
While it's hardly the scandal of the year, the point is about what attitudes the NRL is promoting to young men.

Bit of a difference between saying that people like that make me laugh compared to saying people with a certain view basically condone rape etc as part of a deserved process ...

How do you know the woman doesn't find her job fun and enjoyable ? What work she chooses to do is her choice, dont we want woman having equal rights and having the ability to choose what they want to do.

Anyway I come here to talk about footy so will leave it there on this, nearly time for the Lingerie Football League to start as well :)

Maybe they should have the women dressed in clothes from head to toe and deny them an education, any rights and have the women be the property of the man, maybe that would be more acceptable.

They are grown men.Let them organize whatever they like within reason.If they disgrace the club and sponsors then come down like a ton of bricks,otherwise butt out.Sick of this nanny state nonsense.

ps if women in lingerie is offensive these days then that will do me.

I witnessed first hand a "Mad Monday" (except it was Saturday) after our WCC loss in Leeds in 2012.

Very much controlled, Giggy, Matt Parish and Tooves drinking orange juice, the boys sitting around drinking beers (and plenty of them), no naked females, none even partially clothed, no players dressed in stupid clothes, just a bunch of mates having a day on the booze, with a few responsible people watching them like hawks.

Nothing at all wrong with that, and I am sure that's what would have happened this week, hope they enjoyed it as they deserve a bit of "togetherness".

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2