Macdougall - Dooooosh!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Rabbitohs release MacDougall immediately

July 25, 2006 - 11:24AM

South Sydney released former Test winger Adam MacDougall from the rest of his NRL contract, saying he didn't fit into the culture it was trying to develop.

MacDougall, 31, last week signed to return to Newcastle next season on a two-year deal.

But the last-placed Rabbitohs decided to let him go without making him see out the rest of the 2006 season.

"The club has decided to release Adam MacDougall from the remainder of his contract effective immediately, as we feel it is in the best interests of the club and Adam," said Rabbitohs chief executive Shane Richardson in a statement.

"We are changing the culture of the club and we have deemed that Adam doesn't fit into the culture we are trying to develop for the rest of the season and continuing into next year.

"This decision is supported by the Board, the management, the coaches and the senior players.

"We thank Adam for his contribution over the past three seasons and wish him the best of luck at the Knights next year."

MacDougall got into hot water with the club in May when he voiced his frustrations with its struggles after the 44-4 loss to Wests Tigers and said: "If I knew it was going to be like that I would have just turned the oven on at home to 500 degrees and jumped in it."

Struck down by injury at times, MacDougall played 31 games for the Rabbitohs over the past three seasons, scoring five tries for a total of 20 points.

It'd be hard to fit into a losing culture. Mad dog is also against the clubs no drug policy.

I'm surprised to read that he only played 31 games in three seasons.

Obviously the Rabbitohs want to get the idea of face stomping out of the rest of the clubs.......

low act and a low man, I will never forgive him for that

his problems were well known before he got caught.

how is it teams lose competition points for one offender when the knights win the premiership with 3?

31 year old injury prone, drug cheating, face stomping player that is regularly at the judiciary for poor tackling style & foul play.

Should fit right back in up in Newcastle.

lol still the most competetive player souths have fielded this year, hence not fitting into there constant losing culture!

If you could bitch slap someone with words:

"We are changing the culture of the club and we have deemed that Adam doesn't fit into the culture we are trying to develop"

That would be it.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6