Lyon to Sign with Parra??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
According to Channel 9 and 'scoop' Weidler, Parramatta are meeting tomorrow with Jamie Lyon's manager and he is to re-sign for the Eels. It was quoted as a deal that he couldn't refuse.

Hard to know how imminent this is but Timana Tahu and Ben Smith are centres. Are they looking to sign Lyon as a 5/8??

Will be interesting to see how this pans out. If true will it destabilise the Eels (not that they aren't destablised enough).

Quoted comments of certain Eel players and especially the fans since he left will make life very interesting for all concerned.

Looks like Manly and the Gold Coast are out of the running if there is any credence to what is being said. :(

We have a one of the best up and coming centres in the game, and one of the best up and coming 5/8's.

Missing Lyon would be a godsend IMO, therefore we can purchase a replacement for BK, and a hardman for upfront.

I think its all a big smoke screen ,i reckon we have him & have for months..its just a scam to look like we are not cheating the anti-tampering deadline..

I think its all a big smoke screen ,i reckon we have him & have for months..its just a scam to look like we are not cheating the anti-tampering deadline..

Totally agree.

Deja vu. Orford.

Other possible interpretations are Lyon's issues being with Smith, not Parra; and Parra being disingenuous in the offer with an agenda of maximising Lyon's disclosed salary cap figure (Fitzg is spiteful).

Ideally I'd like to sign both Burns & Lyon if poss, assuring long-term backline & hooker depth - as long as it doesn't leave gaping holes in the forwards. Dunley would miss out & we'd need to find more up & coming hard-yard forwards - Get to it Crusher.

its one hell of a smokescreen as hindy was on the telly saying he would be happy to have him back but he would be behind smith and tahu in the centres. With no set 5/8 over there you would have to think thats where he will play

id still like him at Manly, but compared to say 12 months ago, we are no where near as desperate.

Im comfoirtable with our halves and centres at the moment, and would rather major bucks be invested in the forwards, as ive always said, you can never have too many !

Argree totally with that pepsi. As you mentioned 12 months ago he would have been the be all to end all at the club. Now, if we don't get him, we know we are still fine and theres plenty of other players out there would would be happy to sign into manly's winning culture right now.

I would still like to sign JL. He is so good that it would add an even further dimsnsion to our backplay. The great Eagle premiership teams had really outstanding centre/wingers and I still think the cash would be worth it.

Look how the addition of Bell has taken us up a few levels in back play - add a JL and see how we go, especially outside Orford.

This is interesting.
I was talking to a driver that comes into work often and is a mad Parra supporter. His wife grew up in Wee Waa and is friends with Lyon and his family. Now i am not sure but he said that Lyon left Parra after a double header involving the Doggies.
Jamies wife/partner was taken to hospital before the game. Jamie ask if he could miss the game to be with her. Permission was denied and he was made to play. After coming off the field in that game he was told that his partner had just had a mis-carraige. The next day Jamie walks. Now , again not sure of the accuracy but also have known this guy to be a fair dinkum bloke. If this is the case , it is a wonder the officials at Parra are still alive. i would have killed the lot of em.

I presume the official could have been Brian Smith. To that end with smith out of the picture at parra he will now go back

If that were the case, why would the Parra players not support Lyon? And why would he want to be with players that sided with the club against him and criticised him and expressed distrust of him and said they didn't want to play with him.

In any case, someone should speak to Lyon and email Lyon with the unsupportive statements and critical statements made by everyone who mattered at Parra, so he can see the extreme lack of loyalty to him and lack of understanding towards him.

Why go back into that quagmire of disloyalty and betrayal?

Where are you Crusher?

The Parra current management have prevented Lyon going elsewhere. The Parra current players were the critics.

In comparison over the years when Manly had contracts & the players wanted out, the club has been understanding & reasonable (Didn't we have contracts with Wally and/or Gene and let them out?) Manly's never had a conflict anything like this.

This is interesting.
I was talking to a driver that comes into work often and is a mad Parra supporter. His wife grew up in Wee Waa and is friends with Lyon and his family. Now i am not sure but he said that Lyon left Parra after a double header involving the Doggies.
Jamies wife/partner was taken to hospital before the game. Jamie ask if he could miss the game to be with her. Permission was denied and he was made to play. After coming off the field in that game he was told that his partner had just had a mis-carraige. The next day Jamie walks. Now , again not sure of the accuracy but also have known this guy to be a fair dinkum bloke. If this is the case , it is a wonder the officials at Parra are still alive. i would have killed the lot of em.

Rexx is right in that Manly let Billy Moore and Zinzan Brooke go back to Norths and Rugby respectively after a rethink as well as allowing Miles and Lewis to play for Brisbane after signing.

We don't have a completely clean record though as Dale Shearer walked after a poor 88/89 though later on revealed that he regretted leaving and never lived up to his Manly form. Ron Gibbs also controversially left after taking the Gold Coast money and was never the force for anyone else that he was here.

On JL I don't buy the player dissent stuff. Most footballers can't remember last week let alone three years ago and the papers fill the pages with crap anyway!

I was as dumbfounded as a lot of you are , but like i said i have no reason to think that the guy who told me would be lying. Mind you , you bring up a few good points Rexx. Not sure what to believe. If this indeed true , why would you even consider going back. Apparently only a handful know of this so maybe the players were not aware. Seems strange though that they wouldnt know.

Meh.. sign Josh Hannay and a decent prop/backrower

or a a blue chip backrower. Centres are ok for now. Next season we will be found out in the forwards if BK and Beaver are gone.

The TV news was the same. Virtually signed now.

The way that John Gibbs and co were talking on 2UE Sports Today it sounds like Lyon is a lay-down misere to go to the Eels.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4