Lyall be very careful

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

if we sign foz and lose AFB or Marty will it undo all the positivity the club has done

• Yes

Votes: 54 45.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • I really hope this Foz rumour goes away fast.

Votes: 48 40.3%

• Total voters

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
just a word of warning if you are reading this forum
Do not trade out Marty or AFB for foz.
For all that Des likes about him and what he did with us he is a broken mess and not worth picking up at all.
All the good work and momentum you have right now after Des signing will be totally lost if you trade AFB or Marty to the dogs for Foz

Mitch

Bencher
There really hasn’t been any actual evidence to show this is being thought of by the club. Yes, both papers ran with the story of Foz being wanted by Des, but even then Weidler said that Taupau wouldn’t be making way for any incoming signings as Des wants him.

On top of this the only time AFB has been brought into the theory around a ‘swap’ is by a Facebook rumour page who recently posted Mitch Moses coming to Manly in a swap deal with DCE - so hardly a confident source.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Even without a swap, Fiz will be a high risk signing with his damaged body.

We cant have another year of a player sitting on the sidelines due to a sentimental contract deal from Manly :banghead:

Manly tried to keep Fiz but he left them to go to another level.

If AFB is swapped for Foz then des would be looking at a replacement front rower aswell. Remember there is still a few spots in our squad to fill. Des would have an overall master plan, this could just be a part of it.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Look, we can swap Parker, Wright, Suli, Taufua and give away Hodkinson for free. We already lost one of our top 3 forwards in Lane. Ok?

Top 3 forwards???

I'm sorry but IMO Lane is massively overrated on here. He did really step up this year, finally started fulfilling his potential but I'm not losing too much sleep in losing him.

As for top 3 forwards, personally I rate him in 2018 behind the 4 others starting forwards (excluding hooker)

1.Jake
2.AFB
3.Marty
4.Thommo
5.Lane

S

Shnorky

Blind freddy could see that afb will be one of if not the best prop in the league. I'm sure he ain't on big money, especially given the klemmer alternative.
Des wouldn't be that nieve

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
All ST posters

We need to keep things in perspective and DONT BELIEVE EVERY RUMOR THAT IS IN THE MEDIA! There is generally a hidden agenda behind a rumor from other clubs or Player Managers or the journalist need to fill some page space.

How many times have they been completely wrong in the past?

Anyway a ‘well placed source’ has told me directly this morning and I quote ‘Marty & Addin are highly valued members of our squad and we look forward to them making a major contribution in 2019’.

As I said yesterday my sauces are better than their sauces!!

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
You don't forget how to play football ... and Foran can play football ..... but the combination of price, and the state of his body and mind make it a risk too great for mine ..... and it is hard to believe he will ever be hungry enough to reach his previous levels ...

But as others have said ....... Des is the coach ..... he is mad but he is not a fool ...... if the rumour is true he must have a plan ... and as our coach I will support it.

PSS ... if Des does have a plan I wonder if he can run it past Gifty first ..??

Rodo

Goldmember
Tipping Member
All ST posters

We need to keep things in perspective and DONT BELIEVE EVERY RUMOR THAT IS IN THE MEDIA! There is generally a hidden agenda behind a rumor from other clubs or Player Managers or the journalist need to fill some page space.

How many times have they been completely wrong in the past?

Anyway a ‘well placed source’ has told me directly this morning and I quote ‘Marty & Addin are highly valued members of our squad and we look forward to them making a major contribution in 2019’.

As I said yesterday my sauces are better than their sauces!!
Thanks for quelling the hysteria @The Wheel.

Now what else can we discuss?

tookey

First Grader
As if Des would be dumb enough to let our two best props go and sign a broken down 5/8.

It doesn't make sense as far as the balance of the squad is concerned

Des will let hodkinson, Perrett Winterstein Elgy and Parker go first if he wants to sign Foran

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14
12 6 6 -39 14