Lussick's Bondi bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Eagle said:
wizball1973 said:
Stevo said:
What i don't understand is how do all these other clubs have so much money to splash around on all these big name players and we struggle to keep our own?

This.

Lussick, Maloney, SBW and we get...Farrar?

If Lussick has signed we should leave him in reserve grade and go with Mauro. No point playing someone who has signed elsewhere.

Except Lussick is a prop and Mauro is a back rower

I'd say Lussick is a backrower who plays prop and Mauro is a prop who can play in the backrow. They aren't pigeon holed as one or the other.

mozgrame said:
swoop said:
mozgrame said:
I agree Swoop. But what are the next most important numbers? A good 1,6,7,9 combo still needs go forward. I think good props that can gain meters, offload in traffic and have solid defence are overlooked by fans who notice the flashy halves and talented fullbacks. I'm not describing Darcy here, but he could become that in a year or two. I want him to stay for the right price only, and hope he is mature enough to make the right decision and not be blinded by the dollar signs. He's got years ahead of him. Now he should be concentrating on improving his game and establishing himself, not which condo or sports car he wants. That will come later.

We had depth in the backrow, not so much in the front row. These young blokes should think about sticking around for a reasonable pay packet knowing positions in the top grade will become available down the track. If they do that and are playing we enough the big payday will come. Paying overs has not been the clubs policy lately as we found with JWH. Having said that some of these young blokes want the big cash now.

Exactly. Or, we could simply let them slip the net and whinge and jump up and down in a year or two when the older guys move on and we are left with inexperienced young blokes. It's nothing to do with offering Darcy more money. I don't want that. It is about getting it into his head that he is still green and we have a long term plan for him. To ask, "what is so good about him right now?" is stupidity at its finest. You have to look to the future.

We may not have a choice other than to let them go if they want big dollars. But down the track we possibly could pick up some of the proven talent around when some senior players retire. Look it would be great to keep them all but we have live within our means. We've been spoilt with success and every team in the comp would kill to have a record like that. I say, if they want overs let them go. We do have a salary cap and don't want to end up like the mexican scum.

Masked Eagle said:
The Eagle said:
wizball1973 said:
Stevo said:
What i don't understand is how do all these other clubs have so much money to splash around on all these big name players and we struggle to keep our own?

This.

Lussick, Maloney, SBW and we get...Farrar?

If Lussick has signed we should leave him in reserve grade and go with Mauro. No point playing someone who has signed elsewhere.

Except Lussick is a prop and Mauro is a back rower

I'd say Lussick is a backrower who plays prop and Mauro is a prop who can play in the backrow. They aren't pigeon holed as one or the other.

I'd say you're right. Depth is a great problem to have. Unless it's partner related. Then it's really your own problem.;)

swoop said:
. . . Having said that some of these young blokes want the big cash now.

Well if they are offered big cash now then of course it would be very tempting to accept that offer. Where is the guarantee that they will not suffer a career ending injury next week/month/season? Or that after patiently biding their time they will eventually break through for that big contract here? There can't ever be those kind of guarantees.

Very difficult choices for ambitious young players these days, and I don't blame them for taking the cash. All we can do is make sure there are plenty of reasons to stay put, and being happy here is a very good reason in itself.

I tend not to fret about player movement speculation. I'm happy we've got a strong squad right now, and I'll save up my distress for when (if) that ever changes.

How does he fit at the roosters? I would have Tasi in front of him. Perhaps JWH may go. Lussick hasn't proven anything in the top grade yet. Like others have said he may, or may not live up to the hype. All the best to him if he goes. Sounds like we have a couple good young forwards coming through the lower grades as well.

I hope we do keep him and it up to tooves really. There s no reason why we cant sign him if the asking price is only 250k.

DSM5 said:
A lot of cash now buys you assets that appreciate.

The trick is to judge correctly if an asset will grow stronger or not in the future. Then you negotiate said asset to a price that reflects its true current value, agree to terms, then do all you can to keep the asset growing stronger. You will then reap all the accruing rewards in the future as the asset matures.
Once it reaches its full potential, you need to again reassess its value, and negotiate to meet its value.
Once the asset has gone slightly beyond its peak, complain bitterly about the salary cap and encourage the asset to commit itself to a deal with an English club.
Football club CEO- 101. :)

Possible way to 'keep' Lussick and for him to make money if that's going to be a problem.
Send him for a Hoffman/Farrar sabatical to the ESL that way he gains more experience

eagles2win said:
Possible way to 'keep' Lussick and for him to make money if that's going to be a problem.
Send him for a Hoffman/Farrar sabatical to the ESL that way he gains more experience

Lussick did nothing today and good luck to the roosters to pay him $270k pa. He isn't worth it at this stage of his career.

DCE and Foran must be the priority long term signings

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4