Lussick's Bondi bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
That is the claim of the SMH's Josh Rakic. He claims Darcy has fielded offers of $270k from both the Dogs and Eels but will go with an offer from the Chooks and supposedly join $BW. Chooks still need to tie up JWH but he is proving painful and expensive and he might be dumped in favour of Darcy. Rakic's mail "from every direction is Lussick has all but got the (Roosters) nod".

That would seriously piss me off, and hopefully the mail is wrong.

We are a breeding ground for their forwards. Unfortunate but such is life. At the end of the day they are trying to win comps under the false belief that forward power is what wins you comps.

It's a part of the formula but it isn't the answer to the equation

Moondog said:
Daniel said:
We are a breeding ground for their forwards. Unfortunate but such is life. At the end of the day they are trying to win comps under the false belief that forward power is what wins you comps.

Guess they must be paying SBW peanuts then?

WTF?

how is that in context?
I didn't mention money, my point was that they are stocking themselves with lots of young forwards but neglecting other areas of the team.

Canberra have a really strong forward pack, but it amounted to nothing last year, because the rest of the team were not up to it

Look, somethings gotta give. We were worried for a long time about where our next champion half would come from considering good halfbacks are scarce atm. Props are a different story. It's near inevitable that 1 or 2 players will go. I can't see or expect anyone to take a pay cut. I don't want Darcy to go but would rather lose him than a Stewart or one of our halves.

Daniel said:
Moondog said:
Daniel said:

WTF?

how is that in context?
I didn't mention money, my point was that they are stocking themselves with lots of young forwards but neglecting other areas of the team.

Canberra have a really strong forward pack, but it amounted to nothing last year, because the rest of the team were not up to it
I was'nt having a shot at you, just hit the reply instead of the post button, my mistake. My point was the Roosters must be pushing the cap with their supposed signing of SBW.

Kite and joe are coming to the end of their careers and should not have been re-signed if it meant the loss of Lussick.

Moondog said:
Daniel said:
Moondog said:
Daniel said:

WTF?

how is that in context?

I was'nt having a shot at you, just hit the reply instead of the post button, my mistake. My point was the Roosters must be pushing the cap with their supposed signing of SBW.

haha fair enough, I thought it out of context.

Don't forget Politis is part of the Roosters and the NRL, and a very good businessman, things have a way of getting done

I agree. I think it is inevitable we will lose a couple of top line players. The journos will keep regurgitating these stories. Eventually they might get one right.
Then they will state how great they are, as they predicted this 3 months ago. They will fail to mention that they got 8 wrong in the meantime.
Lets not get worked up about it til it is official.

What ever will be, will be! We can't expect to keep everyone.
Dean Ritchie also said on his blog today that the dogs were preparing a massive offer for Foran.

tookey said:
Kite and joe are coming to the end of their careers and should not have been re-signed if it meant the loss of Lussick.

That's Hasler for you. He knew he wouldn't be around so he re-signed the old guys before he left and neglected the ones he would like at Belmore.

tookey said:

Do you think that De$ knowing he was leaving Manly a LOT earlier than he was making out, left some of our young stars dangling, whilst extending the contracts of much older players, doesn't that tell you something?.

bones said:
tookey said:

That's Hasler for you. He knew he wouldn't be around so he re-signed the old guys before he left and neglected the ones he would like at Belmore.
The man is scum

How many first grade games has he played?

7? or 8?

It would be a shame to lose him but such is life.

Moondog said:
Daniel said:
Moondog said:
Daniel said:

WTF?

how is that in context?

Not really. Mini's last year and Anasta qualifies for salary cap reduction. Hearing they'll have a big clean out this year as well

Yes inevitable we will lose a few players from the squad Lussick is one of the most likely. Just remember we thought it was bad losing JWH as he was going to be the next big thing. He probably would've been if he had of stayed at Manly. It will be to Lussick's career detriment to leave and go to that transit lounge but such is life.

mickqld said:
Yes inevitable we will lose a few players from the squad Lussick is one of the most likely. Just remember we thought it was bad losing JWH as he was going to be the next big thing. He probably would've been if he had of stayed at Manly. It will be to Lussick's career detriment to leave and go to that transit lounge but such is life.

If I were him I would follow wherever the dollars lead me. He suits their thuggish style of football more than ours

bones said:
tookey said:

This is exactly what he has done - players he signed back end of 2011 after already signing at Belmore himself were the ones he did not rate enough to take to Belmore. Foran & Co were not a priority at Manly under the man who makes ALL the decisions - quite odd, nothing against Big George but realistically Foran would be the priority for any coach - & it looks like he still is - shifty f**k.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2