Lucky or good?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
1st game against the Doggies missing Thompson and TPJ. Their 2 best middles.

2nd game against the Eels missing Matto and Lane. Their 2 best edge Fwds.

3rd game against Bunnies missing, Arrow, Sele, Tatola, ShaqMit. 4/5 best middles.

We have had no severe injuries to deal with and have named the same 17 every week outside of Schuster for Johns.

You can only play what's infront of you but I feel like we have had a lot of luck so far... long may it continue.

1st game against the Doggies missing Thompson and TPJ. Their 2 best middles.

2nd game against the Eels missing Matto and Lane. Their 2 best edge Fwds.

3rd game against Bunnies missing, Arrow, Sele, Tatola, ShaqMit. 4/5 best middles.

We have had no severe injuries to deal with and have named the same 17 every week outside of Schuster for Johns.

You can only play what's infront of you but I feel like we have had a lot of luck so far... long may it continue.
For the last few yrs,seems like many yrs actually,every other team has been lucky enough to play Manly when they’ve been under strength,so as you said,long may it continue

I thought Tent, Jake and Alioia got on top of a very good middle in Junior, RCG and Hopgood, Keppie was also very good off the bench and Bully played well. I thought the bench was more effective in the middle then what parramatta had on the pine.

I would call it good as far as the middle is going.

Could have another middle on the pine for me or play Ben T in the middle to see how he goes.

Manly have the skeleton of a very good side. Just need to ensure the middle parts are well occupied. There's a few problem areas that at this stage will debilitate Manly's potential. However we have the fundamentals of a top four side. All depends on whether they meld effectively. I'm a little concerned with hooker, lock, one wing and centre. Enhance those positions and Manly are contenders.

You could say Manly have lucky with teams they have played has a few out
I see it as all teams get injuries and you will get to play some at full strength and some not it’s how it goes and usually the team with the less injuries are always at the pointy end of the season it’s about time Manly have not had injuries to key players and hoping it continues

I think it's great to start the season under a new coaching staff, vital positional changes to gain confidence and gel, but you want to beat the best to be the best.
Definitely helps to start the season 2 - 0 and though these teams had a couple out, we will be a far stronger side next time we meet them also and we have a few "up our sleeve" in Fifita, Fainu and Gordy" who can potentially improve us also...

I think it's great to start the season under a new coaching staff, vital positional changes to gain confidence and gel, but you want to beat the best to be the best.
Definitely helps to start the season 2 - 0 and though these teams had a couple out, we will be a far stronger side next time we meet them as keep in mind we have a very new spine with Tom back and Schu st 5/8, who will have a far better combination as season runs (which is scary), also and we have a few "up our sleeve" in Fifita, Fainu and Gordy" who can potentially improve us also

We have had no severe injuries to deal with and have named the same 17 every week outside of Schuster for Johns
We've only played two games!
We've often been decimated by injuries going back to the 2019 finals, including of course half the time missing the best player in the game.
So no, we haven't been lucky at all, but hopefully the bad luck is starting to even out a little, and I'll take it! :)

Too early to tell. Great confidence booster to get the unbeaten start we have had but I want to see how we go against a stronger opposition before I get my hopes too high.

Good , and we are just starting .You know a good team when the season has just started and Manly is the first team they are talking about loosing players .We now have depth as our youngsters have grown a year older .Let's go Manly .

Yeah, I was thinking that we haven't really beaten anyone with their "full team" yet, however, I guess we could say that about the other teams as well. I mean they've also been playing understrength teams, so it sort of evens out. So rather than put it down to luck, I'd like to think that it demonstrates that we have greater depth this year than maybe some of the other teams. Something that has not really been the case in recent times. Given it's early days, I think it's been good to work on match fitness and to be 2 and 0 and hope we can keep the injury levels down this year.

Both, you can only play what’s in front of you, we’ve been good enough to win and lucky enough to have played a couple of sides missing some key players.

Same again this week, except I think we should now be expecting to win this game, all we can do is keep on beating who ever turns up, do that and you can strike luck from the equation.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4