Lowe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Grade 5 Striking Charge.

He gets 4 weeks after pleading guilty.

We are talking about the most severe grading in our game. Grade 5, and it cops 4 weeks. What a joke.

I know its not a good comparison but Hoppa was rubbed out of the game for something far more innocent than that punch.

I don't agree Flip. Hoppa King hit a player and had a long record. It was a punch and the player involved will play this week.

A punch is not good but it isn't an elbow or knee job.

4 weeks is WAY too lenient. Bloody oath, it wasn't that much worse than Danny Williams' was it? That was the second worst thing I've ever seen on a rugby field. Why is it 4 weeks - coz Delaney was facing Lowe? Who cares. Disgrace.

It's 4 weeks because Delaney was facing him, he is playing this weekend and because Jaiman Lowe's record isn't that bad.

Well then what's stopping any idiot 4 wks out from the Semis from walking up to Brett Stewart after he tackles him, waiting until he faces him, and then smacking him in the face so that he breaks his jaw and is out for the Season. Meanwhile the offender is back in time for the Semis. Does that sound like justice?

i think there is an underlying feeling that something provoked him, they just could not prove it.

I dont think that should influence it Pepsi, but im fairly sure that the mere implication has swayed the severity of the charge.

Or, every time your pulled up for a high shot, just let the ref know you had your genitals groped a couple of tackles earlier.

The provocation has to mitigate Lowes actions.

If someone were to do it to take someone out, their penalty should commence after that player returns to the field.
If it's retaliation, he should be applauded.
Provocation & intent are the two main factors that I think the judiciary should take into account.

If you mess with the bull, you get the horns.

I don't agree Flip. Hoppa King hit a player and had a long record. It was a punch and the player involved will play this week.

A punch is not good but it isn't an elbow or knee job.

When did Hoppa "King hit" a player?

And 4 weeks for that hit is a farce. Should've been at least 8.

And the Nut cracker should have got 4 weeks, if it could be proved.

Well then what's stopping any idiot 4 wks out from the Semis from walking up to Brett Stewart after he tackles him, waiting until he faces him, and then smacking him in the face so that he breaks his jaw and is out for the Season. Meanwhile the offender is back in time for the Semis. Does that sound like justice?

apples and oranges

Delaney is playing this week, had he been injured for some time i think the charge would have been worse.

By your rules any idiot can cop a feel and get off without a charge. Does that sound like justice?

I keep reading and hearing about Lowe's "king hit" on Delaney. In my day a king hit was when someone was decked from behind or the side not knowing it was coming? If delaney didn't see that coming he has worse reflexes than I do 8| . Has definition of a king hit changed?

you are right nodd, i posted that on Saturday night, unless he is blind he could see him fine, what did he think could happen when they were grappling? a kiss.

Striking yes, king hit nowhere near it.

I am fine with the 4 weeks. I also believe that he Delaney did grab his nuts which he probably wont do again, but I believe that may have contributed to the lighter suspension.

A similar incident occured down here in the AFL recently. One of the players has a tattoo of his 6 year daughter on his arm. A player from the opposition was reported to have pointed to the tattoo and said, "She a slut". he bloke with the tattoo said, "Thats my 6 year old daughter". It was then claimed the other bloke said, "Yep, shes a slut, I ****ed her last night".

Needless to say Des Hedland took offence and lashed out.

In what would normally have resulted in a few weeks off, he was let off.

The judiciary couldnt prove what had been said, but they suspected it had been said and therefore the provocation was taken into account.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4