Lousy articles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just posted,
Round 6 NRL squad announcements

Kennedy and Jamil Hopoate were omitted from the squad on Thursday night.

Should either be Wednesday or Tuesday that they were cut as the game is on Thursday.

I was having a beer with a mate last Saturday discussing the football, as you do. Anyway, discussion turned to the obstruction rule and the DCE incident against the Broncos. I said the media outrage was ridiculous because every team milks these obstructions but it only becomes a crime when Manly do it. We had a bit of a laugh about it.

But lo and behold, it turns out it is a "crime". Not only that, but this article is from today. The game was 7 days ago and they're still going on about it. FMD.

NewsComAu.jpg

I was having a beer with a mate last Saturday discussing the football, as you do. Anyway, discussion turned to the obstruction rule and the DCE incident against the Broncos. I said the media outrage was ridiculous because every team milks these obstructions but it only becomes a crime when Manly do it. We had a bit of a laugh about it.

But lo and behold, it turns out it is a "crime". Not only that, but this article is from today. The game was 7 days ago and they're still going on about it. FMD.

View attachment 14619
Yep have seen similar or worse (including many against Manly) the past 2 years....the old cliche "well it happens to everyone, should just get on with the game" neck minute...7 days later - DCE still front page news...like the forward pass that cost the win over Eels....they pulled out a clip on 1 of the footy shows from a game 2 years ago where Tom threw a forward pass that was awarded and tried to justify it was now even...BIG difference was the pass from 2 years ago didn't decide the game and why run through the archives so desperately to find this...usually the talk is simply in regards to the incident at hand in the current game..

View attachment 14619

The real crime is the standard of journalism in the NRL. Tribally aligned, click bait, cowardly garbage.

Dce’s crime has been referred to the police by the integrity unit, and he has been stood down indefinitely under the no fault stand down rule. I doubt he will be allowed to play again this season, maybe not ever.

Thank god that there are people with integrity out there such as Sam Thaiday.

View attachment 14619
Haha yeah, lock him up and throw away the key!

Finucanes soccer drop on the spot against Klemmer last week was the worst I’ve seen this year. Of course the commentators covered it with, "Its not his go" defence. Also a purple scum player, so alls good.

Yep have seen similar or worse (including many against Manly) the past 2 years....the old cliche "well it happens to everyone, should just get on with the game" neck minute...7 days later - DCE still front page news...like the forward pass that cost the win over Eels....they pulled out a clip on 1 of the footy shows from a game 2 years ago where Tom threw a forward pass that was awarded and tried to justify it was now even...BIG difference was the pass from 2 years ago didn't decide the game and why run through the archives so desperately to find this...usually the talk is simply in regards to the incident at hand in the current game..
Was that the one Tom threw 5 meters forward against the Broncs at Suncorp tgat they awarded? I was at that game right at the top tier and from there it was plain to see it was a mile forward. But, we’ll take it!

The real crime is the standard of journalism in the NRL. Tribally aligned, click bait, cowardly garbage.
So Buzz is aligned to the Sharks we all know that. What teams are the other journos aligned to?
Hooper - Tigers
Kent - Parra, maybe. But he’s so angry all the time I don’t think he likes any team.
Others??

Finucanes soccer drop on the spot against Klemmer last week was the worst I’ve seen this year. Of course the commentators covered it with, "Its not his go" defence. Also a purple scum player, so alls good.
Thought the same at the time. Whenever Melbourne need a break you can count on a get out of jail penalty or "injury" ...

Was that the one Tom threw 5 meters forward against the Broncs at Suncorp tgat they awarded? I was at that game right at the top tier and from there it was plain to see it was a mile forward. But, we’ll take it!
Not sure the opposition but looked like the indigenous jerseys and Tom threw it from right to left...tbh "It happens"....and Iv'e seen plenty FOR every team including Manly, but can't recall 1 game Manly WON on the back of it...if it doesn't decide the game...not so bad....but at crucial times it is 10 fold.
The WORST I seen was Eels again...we had a healthy lead and it was a Haynes Golden period, but I think the pass was Keating who threw it from 12m out and caught 3m from the try line - "Play On" !!!!!!

Not sure the opposition but looked like the indigenous jerseys and Tom threw it from right to left...tbh "It happens"....and Iv'e seen plenty FOR every team including Manly, but can't recall 1 game Manly WON on the back of it...if it doesn't decide the game...not so bad....but at crucial times it is 10 fold.
The WORST I seen was Eels again...we had a healthy lead and it was a Haynes Golden period, but I think the pass was Keating who threw it from 12m out and caught 3m from the try line - "Play On" !!!!!!
Haha yep that was the game and Toms pass I think was for first try early on.

Simple physics Waz. If you are travelling in your car and throw something out the back, is that something going forward or backwards in relation to the car. If you are standing by the road side you will see the car travelling fast past you and then you will see what was thrown out the back also travelling forward in relation to what you are observing, but just not as fast as the car. Its going forward as you see it, but backwards in relation to the car.

The rules of the game are not what you see on the side line that appears to be going forward. The rules state it is in relation to the person running forward and passing the item in a backward motion. To him it goes backward. To you it looks forward. The rule relates to what he does, not what you observe. It could travel five metres forward as you see it, but if he is running so fast that he travels beyond that distance in the same time, the ball has in fact gone backwards. This is where commentators, refs, linesmen and so many in the public get it wrong. Its simple physics.

Simple physics Waz. If you are travelling in your car and throw something out the back, is that something going forward or backwards in relation to the car. If you are standing by the road side you will see the car travelling fast past you and then you will see what was thrown out the back also travelling forward in relation to what you are observing, but just not as fast as the car. Its going forward as you see it, but backwards in relation to the car.

The rules of the game are not what you see on the side line that appears to be going forward. The rules state it is in relation to the person running forward and passing the item in a backward motion. To him it goes backward. To you it looks forward. The rule relates to what he does, not what you observe. It could travel five metres forward as you see it, but if he is running so fast that he travels beyond that distance in the same time, the ball has in fact gone backwards. This is where commentators, refs, linesmen and so many in the public get it wrong. Its simple physics.
Oh I understand this don’t worry. Years of playing footy in a playmaking role have embedded the back out of the hands. The pass v Parra was fine for all to see. However the one v Brisbane in 17 was a mile forward. I actually googled it on YouTube. Brandys call in the replay, “the pass was only 4 metres forward”. Even the most one eyed manly fan (me) would call it forward. Lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4