Lottoland Upgrade news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I remember when we had Halfpennies, Pennies, Threepences, Sixpences, Shillings and Florins (2 Shillings) and you could buy a Streets Paddle Pop for Threepence.

But do you remember farthings. I think I remember seeing them when I was a child. They ceased being minted in 1956 and were dropped from our currency in 1960. You didnt see too many of them. Back then there were a lot of half pennies but not so many farthings.

Thanks guys. I'm 42 and you just made me feel young lol

Planning goes ahead for Lottoland upgrade
Fixing Fortress still on cards despite no State Government money

Jon Geddes

THE Sea Eagles and the Northern Beaches Council are pressing ahead with plans to redevelop Lottoland after receiving no funding from the State Government’s stadium renewal policy yesterday.

The decision was not viewed as a setback as it was not expected that any of that $2 billion budget was going to be allocated to rejuvenate the Fortress.

“We have started very meaningful discussions with council and we look forward to broadening those discussions with all levels of government with a view to enhancing the facility and turn it into a genuine community asset,” Gorman said.

He said the club was looking at a carefully constructed masterplan to be rolled out over time, making sure all relevant stakeholders were engaged.

Northern Beaches Mayor Michael Regan said the government’s decision would not have an impact on what the council wanted to do at Lottoland.

“We created the strategy a long time ago and it was around if we got funding it was a bonus,” Regan said.

And he said the $12.5 million in federal funding organised by Warringah MP Tony Abbott was still on the table. “We caught up at an event a couple of days ago and we discussed it and it is absolutely still there,” Regan said.

“We have to give them a project and get on with it.

“We are ploughing ahead and will go out into the community with some options shortly.”

Regan said he was working closely with Gorman with that end in mind.

Manly are hopeful of receiving a share of the NSW Government’s $40 million allocated by the end of December for centres of excellence.

Gorman said: “We have put in a strong bid.”
------
Looks like the delays by Manly have seen Baird's 10 million grant, been re-allocated somewhere else :cool:

http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/manly-daily/TranslateArticle.aspx?doc=NLTMLD/2017/11/25&entity=ar06400

And he said the $12.5 million in federal funding organised by Warringah MP Tony Abbott was still on the table. “We caught up at an event a couple of days ago and we discussed it and it is absolutely still there,” Regan said.
They'd better hurry up and grab that. This Government's looking a touch on the wobbly side.

We have heard it all before.

If you are serious Regan, submit the necessary DA to your very own council and get cracking. There is plenty of money there to achieve a meaningful upgrade.

And Penn, stop insisting that the hill stand be the first cab off the rank.

Brookie and the surrounding area would need 100 mill plus to bring it up to modern standard.
Given the stadium plan announced during the week, I'm sorry to say that I really think we're in our final years at Brookie.

How can you justify leveling a 18 year old stadium and rebuikding it while your tax payers in other areas are still sitting on grass and fighting over 6 dunnies. Even a little bit of money woukd do.

2.2 bil to demolish perfectly good arenas. What a joke. This is a crack at the fifa world cup and nothing else.

How can you justify leveling a 18 year old stadium and rebuikding it while your tax payers in other areas are still sitting on grass and fighting over 6 dunnies. Even a little bit of money woukd do.

2.2 bil to demolish perfectly good arenas. What a joke. This is a crack at the fifa world cup and nothing else.

The demolition of ANZ, Allianz and Parramatta has to rank as one of the dumbest decisions a government could ever make. Anyone would think they had a bottomless pit of money. There was nothing wrong with Parramatta Stadium. Each of those stadia would only be filled a couple of times a year at most.

The mistake we made was renaming it Lottoland instead of East Parramatta Stadium. Then we may have gotten some funding. Or maybe we could just do what the Worms did in '81 and burn it down.

Its all about trying to keep up with the Joneses, guys, aka Melbourne. Melbourne are at least a decade ahead of Sydney in sporting arenas, and year by year moving further ahead. Sydney is getting worried its soon to become the No 2 city in Australia

Don't live in N S W and upgrading one major stadium may seem within reason but demolishing and revamping three stadiums just seems so excessive and unnecessary . On any practical consideration of course and surely suburban grounds like Brookie deserve and can justify some modest and reasonable improvements and upgrades .

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8