Lost that winning feeling.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A tad unfair on Jake. When you see him playing for NSW or Australia you can see he is simply to the total package as a rugby league forward. For Manly he gets frustrated and probably is given a certain role so not always seen to best advantage but gee, if he wasn't there we'd be far poorer.

Pure and simple it was a combination of outs/injuries and worst still, adaption to the ruck, where the game is now 100mph thru the middle.
Often look lethargic inthis area and lose the ground war (opposition first to their feet, both attack and defence)....hard to win after this consistently happens, leading to poor decisions on the edge and defence out wide in tatters
In attack leads to sideways plays, clunky execution and poor options

Yeh I was thinking about that, and who have we recruited that might fill the void. I'd say he'd be inspirational in terms of lead by example, body on the line style of play. But leadership has a bit more depth to it. I think about guys like Killer, Kite, Kennedy, even the Stewarts. We don't have that at the moment. Hopefully Foz has matured and can be that calming influence that gives the squad some confidence and direction.
You don't think DCE can be that person @Chip and Chase ? I think last year's SOO series win will elevate DCE's leadership to new heights. (not that I had complaints about his leadership prior)

We need to see Brooky become a fortress again, so many crap performances at home last season. The first thing that will increase our chances is to do something serious about our defence which over the last 10 games has seen an average 32 points a game conceded!

You don't think DCE can be that person @Chip and Chase ? I think last year's SOO series win will elevate DCE's leadership to new heights. (not that I had complaints about his leadership prior)
I don't rate DCE as a leader. Sure he is Captain, but I don't see that leadership. Can't fault his effort and he tries hard, but that's not what a Captain necessarily has to do. I really only think he is Captain of Queensland because there is no one else to choose. Munster has the big game experience but a few off field issues and a general larrikin nature mean he doesn't really fit the bill. Who else in that side has the experience or would you pick ?? Maybe Jake Friend ??

Anyway we can only hope he keeps improving in the Captaincy role. Maybe the SOO win will inspire him. I'd love to see him calmer and in control of his game and confidently driving his team around the park.

the 2013 PF against Souths was the last time I really saw us a club really have that winning feeling.

its so heartbreaking to see and to see no accountability at our club in may various areas of club has seen us become a shadow of who we once were.

it has to stop in 2021

What is going on now,is the result of decisions made 5 or so years ago.Coaching appointments,over paying for contracts,certain people put in charge of junior development and Blacktown debacle,to name a few

NSW were absolutely pathetic in last year's series. How they struggled against that Qld rabble I will never know. Having Mitchell Pearce Mk2 guiding the team around certainly didn't help either.

Moops....I’m confused why Marty & DCE are being chastised for their performances? Not sure what everyone expects from them? I thought this was a team of 17 not just two. Both these guys cop heaps in here yet they’ve been two of our best! Marty can’t do everything on his own & same as DCE seems to try & do everything on his own. For mine Marty has earned his salary....players like Jake T has NOT yet rarely is he criticised! Marty is in approximately $700k whilst Jake is on $950k. I know who I prefer & who is not earning the money he’s on.
You could put me in a room with a dozen rugby league experts telling me how Marty is worth every cent of his $750000 or so contract, but i would still be scratching my head.

What is going on now,is the result of decisions made 5 or so years ago.Coaching appointments,over paying for contracts,certain people put in charge of junior development and Blacktown debacle,to name a few
And a certain coach being shown the door in the most disgusting manner I have seen. I agree with your post well said

I don't rate DCE as a leader. Sure he is Captain, but I don't see that leadership. Can't fault his effort and he tries hard, but that's not what a Captain necessarily has to do. I really only think he is Captain of Queensland because there is no one else to choose. Munster has the big game experience but a few off field issues and a general larrikin nature mean he doesn't really fit the bill. Who else in that side has the experience or would you pick ?? Maybe Jake Friend ??

Anyway we can only hope he keeps improving in the Captaincy role. Maybe the SOO win will inspire him. I'd love to see him calmer and in control of his game and confidently driving his team around the park.
I think the problem for DCE at Manly is that it has all been on his shoulders. The benefit he has in Qld colours is the players you mentioned around him to take that pressure off. With Foz back and a few other options (Shu) I am confident that we will see even more leadership qualities from DCE in 2021.

SOO is different as theres 5-6 leaders on both teams at all times , far different from an NRL game.
Unfortunately agree with Chip and Chase, in the fact DCE needs more noise and leadership around him and tbh, I think he actually has that abilty, but I don't think he does....

I think the problem for DCE at Manly is that it has all been on his shoulders. The benefit he has in Qld colours is the players you mentioned around him to take that pressure off. With Foz back and a few other options (Shu) I am confident that we will see even more leadership qualities from DCE in 2021.
You posted this 3 seconds before my post - 100% correct imo

This is a discussion forum , no one needs to tear anyone a new arsehole.

I appreciate everyone’s views , even the ones I disagree with.

The only thing I say is we talk about “ 1 win / 11 losses “.

It’s 2021, it’s one trial loss ( and I’ve extrapolated that loss in another thread ), forget last year , different side , different set of circumstances.

Let’s have this discussion if we are 0/6 or 0/8 but NOT if we lose the first game against one of the powerhouses.

I get it Mark BUT what I cannot accept is the childish gloating of so-called fans on this page after a loss. Just like cockroaches they scurry out, and then spew vitriolic diarrhea, masquerading as "constructive" criticism. To me they are not real fans, and never will be.

On the field we lack composure under pressure, it is evident everywhere. It is why we give away so many penalties, failed to defend our line, don't capitalise on chances and are weak in attack inside the 20. DCE and Jake are arguably our two leaders yet both have a tendency to crack under pressure (especially Jake). It then seeps through the whole team when they see their leaders struggling in the big moments, creating panic. Next thing you know the game is gone.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4