Lost Silvertail Badge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Trying to remember the exact words of the Silvertails song … think it was this:

Update: There was an edit to the first line now ... with the word Fibro ...

“You live in Fibro out in the sticks
We live by the seaside in a house of bricks

You buy Holdens, Volkwagons too,
We buy Mercedes and Volvos by the two!

You eat meat pies, sausage rolls well
We eat the oysters, you eat the shells

You save the coins
We save the notes

You buy the dingy
We buy the boats

Silvertails, Silvertails, Silvertails ….”

The Eagle said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
Eagles Nest 08 said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
Your a legend!

Eagles Nest 08 said:
Here is the photo of the badge

Mate tried to send a PM back to you but it is showing •Eagles Nest 08 has private messaging disabled. You cannot send private messages to this user.

Got your email, so I have your address and will post Monday. Don't worry about the postage costs, it's my shout.

If up at Brookie in '12 will catch up for a beer!

you can bank on it mate.

Jethro said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
Jethro said:
Use the e-mail icon at the bottom of his/her post as another option to contact him/her. :)

Thanks mate...senior on a computer, thats my excuse.

No worries @[Earnie the Eagle]. Glad to help you out and LOL on the "senior on a computer" thing. I've just recently rolled over the half century myself so you could probably put me in that category too :D

Thanks for your help and enjoy being 50 as it is the youth of old age or if you like the old age of youth, life is just beginning.

Daniel said:
I hope ernie doesn't mind me saying but we exchanged emails a few weeks back as he wanted to remove his account brcause he wasn't sure silvertails was for him. I asked him to give it another try and hang in there and that it doesn't matter how old you are, how many games you go to etc, it's about supporting manly and speaking to others who support manly.

Thank you everyone for proving exactly what I believed about you all. Well done silvertails

I am having a great time here and have no plans to leave as I have been made most welcome from day 1 and have been most impressed by the people here..a great bunch of Silvertails

Seniors should never be allowed to ask for help on computers,learn it yourself or gtfo,seriously its not that hard to read a book,either that or help should end when directed to a website designed to help the computer illiterate manage

Im sick of answering "where does the megabyte go? hurr derr.." its a question that makes no f**king sense!!! i've answered this question to about 5 old people.....

btw,top work with this thread,just had to get that off my chest

I used to work on the quick books help desk. That was a stressful job. Never again will I work in an entry level user support desk

The Eagle said:
Next time i wont bother bumping for you,congratulations

I can see it frustrates you about the oldies but sometimes things that seem very simple to younger people are not as simple as you get older, one day you will find yourself in that position, you may not think so now but you will. The the comments you made about seniors just didnt go down well.

Earnie the Eagle said:
The Eagle said:

I can see it frustrates you about the oldies but sometimes things that seem very simple to younger people are not as simple as you get older, one day you will find yourself in that position, you may not think so now but you will. The the comments you made about seniors just didnt go down well.

exactly right. We were brought up differently with different things. The fact we were even brought up with video games and VCR's etc gives us a better grounding than many of the older generations. Our minds are actually wired differently.

Don't worry about it Earnie, sounds like The Eagle was in a particularly grumpy mood

Daniel said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
The Eagle said:

exactly right. We were brought up differently with different things. The fact we were even brought up with video games and VCR's etc gives us a better grounding than many of the older generations. Our minds are actually wired differently.

Don't worry about it Earnie, sounds like The Eagle was in a particularly grumpy mood

Thats ok, we all have those days.

Yeah sorry,i just partially trained my stepmothers mother in the usage of a pc....also tomorrow i have an operation which is particularly frightening

Earnie the Eagle said:
The Eagle said:

This is exactly right, I can well remember my Dad saying something to me just before he passed away exactly along these lines, one day (he said) you'll find yourself with a bunch of things you don't understand either and you'll be too bloody old to learn about them. My father died 23 years ago and I was mid 30's at the time and thought "that will never happen to me".

WRONG

It's here right now.....I have a 2 1/2 year old Grandson that can do more with an I-Phone that I'll ever be able to do.

I hardly ever touched a computer much before my mid to late 30's and I'd be saying most people in their 50's would be the same.Those in their 60's snd 70's are worse off although would not be too many of them on here.

But we should never be ridiculed for not knowing something, rather encouraged as we are just having a go!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
The Eagle said:

This is exactly right, I can well remember my Dad saying something to me just before he passed away exactly along these lines, one day (he said) you'll find yourself with a bunch of things you don't understand either and you'll be too bloody old to learn about them.

I really like this quote

It's like at 20 you never think about being old.

At 30 all you think about is family and money (and having enough to provide for your family)

At 40 all you think about is being 20 again (and having enough money to provide for your family)

At 50 you say "holy ****" I am getting old, but money starts to not be a worry

I'm not 60 yet but when I get there all I think about is IF I'll make 70.

My dad and I used to fight like cars and dogs (in a nice way I should add) and I well remember saying to him "you bloody old fart you won't friggin change for anything"....now I can see why he didn't want to!!...it's just taken 25 more years to figure it out!

at 70 you start thinking "who am I"? bahahahaha

No mate that's 80...although does happen in the 70's as well.

I lost my mother that way and am **** scared of it ever happening to me!!

The way my dad looks at it (he is 65 now) is at least he won't know really what is going on and can get away with doing some crazy stuff whether he knows about it or not :)

Mate your Dad looks a treat for 65...don't forget you have to do that report (in his eyes) re his experiences with the MWTS...it would be interesting reading.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Mate your Dad looks a treat for 65...don't forget you have to do that report (in his eyes) re his experiences with the MWTS...it would be interesting reading.

Yeah he looks bloody good for his age, though its the 65-75 that usually hit hardest.

I am in Sydney again in 2 or so weeks so will ask him to put something on paper for when I get there and I can type it all up for him.

Dan

Daniel said:

..and forgetting stuff, I know thats going to happen, nowadays I close my eyes and I cant remember what I have on so there is a lot not to look forward to.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Daniel said:

..and forgetting stuff, I know thats going to happen, nowadays I close my eyes and I cant remember what I have on so there is a lot not to look forward to.

Ha, love your work Earnie...great to see an old timer on here!!...will keep all these young bucks under control!!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6