Looking for help and Guidance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Walk down to circular quay, it's only about 15 minutes and the Sunday market will be on in the shadow of the harbour bridge on the way. Catch the Manly ferry, have a good wander around the beach/corso area (loads of shops and places to eat/drink) then catch the bus up to the ground. You will feel a bit like you're getting on a cattle truck getting back on the bus after the game but that's public transport the world over. Ferry and walk back to your digs. There's loads of places to see on the way. Enjoy, it's a bit different to St Helens

Seeing the harbour during the day is great but at night especially as you sail into Circular Quay at night is a great experience too. If you do catch the bus for the return journey, sit on the left side, will give you the best chance of some view of the harbour at night and if you get a double decker, sit upstairs.

Hi.

Wow, good on you.

As you are staying in Wynyard If I was you I would get a ferry from Circular quay to Manly. Sydney Harbour is beautiful and almost a crime punishable by transportation in a leaky boat back to the UK not to catch ferry across it. Then you could walk around Manly from harbour side to beach side and depending on how early you get to Manly have breakfast or lunch. Nice walks are Manly to Shelly beach or Manly to Queenscliff Beach?

I don't know what you like but there are so many pubs, restaurants and bars all through Manly that it is hard to suggest one. One of my favourite is the Manly Skiff Club which is a short walk from Manly wharf. It is just typical Aussie pub food with a nice view.

Shopping? The city has more shops but there is a very large shopping centre called Warringah Mall in Brookvale which about 5 to 7 minutes walk from the oval.

Once you are done with all that it is time to get a pre-game beer in and and sample some pre-game atmosphere with plenty of Manly fans for that go to the Brookvale Hotel / Pub. It s a 5 minute walk from the stadium

Another option is

More Manly fans will be at the Brookvale Pub though.

It will be easy to get back to Wynyard. There will be buses, taxis or Uber avilailable

Anyway, just my thoughts. Hope you enjoy Australia and fingers crossed Manly put in a good effort and win for you / us all.....

Hi.

Wow, good on you.

As you are staying in Wynyard If I was you I would get a ferry from Circular quay to Manly. Sydney Harbour is beautiful and almost a crime punishable by transportation in a leaky boat back to the UK not to catch ferry across it. Then you could walk around Manly from harbour side to beach side and depending on how early you get to Manly have breakfast or lunch. Nice walks are Manly to Shelly beach or Manly to Queenscliff Beach?

I don't know what you like but there are so many pubs, restaurants and bars all through Manly that it is hard to suggest one. One of my favourite is the Manly Skiff Club which is a short walk from Manly wharf. It is just typical Aussie pub food with a nice view.

Shopping? The city has more shops but there is a very large shopping centre called Warringah Mall in Brookvale which about 5 to 7 minutes walk from the oval.

Once you are done with all that it is time to get a pre-game beer in and and sample some pre-game atmosphere with plenty of Manly fans for that go to the Brookvale Hotel / Pub. It s a 5 minute walk from the stadium

Another option is

It will be easy to get back to Wynyard. There will be buses, taxis or Uber avilailable

Anyway, just my thoughts. Hope you enjoy Australia and fingers crossed Manly put in a good effort and win for you / us all.....
All good advice except for the Skiff Club. Let’s just keep that as our little secret 🤫

PXL_20240113_053905957.jpg

Sounds all too cityish for me @St Etrigan, come up to Qld and relax. We won't let you get too close to the edge I promise 🐊

Gotta be honest, I love the idea of the ferry across to the game, but personally I would book a stay somewhere in Manly to continue on the atmosphere and not ferry back till the next day (depending on your schedule and finances)....I just see this the way to really enjoy the follow on after the game and make it an even more memorable experience....till your 25th drink and maybe not remember it all, but ya know what I mean....what a great experience it will be - enjoy !!

Tickets (apart from membership) hasn’t gone on sale yet. Keep an eye out on the Sea Eagles or NRL website.

Will try and find out when they go on sale and let u know
That would be fantastic. I have joined a couple of Manly Facebook pages including the official site so looking for an announcement.
Where would be the best area in the ground to look for tickets as a non member?

Gotta be honest, I love the idea of the ferry across to the game, but personally I would book a stay somewhere in Manly to continue on the atmosphere and not ferry back till the next day (depending on your schedule and finances)....I just see this the way to really enjoy the follow on after the game and make it an even more memorable experience....till your 25th drink and maybe not remember it all, but ya know what I mean....what a great experience it will be - enjoy !!
Thanks for the advice but this is part of a month trip only staying 3 or 4 nights in each of 6 locations. While it's my dream to see an NRL game live...not quite so much the wife's 😆

Walk down to circular quay, it's only about 15 minutes and the Sunday market will be on in the shadow of the harbour bridge on the way. Catch the Manly ferry, have a good wander around the beach/corso area (loads of shops and places to eat/drink) then catch the bus up to the ground. You will feel a bit like you're getting on a cattle truck getting back on the bus after the game but that's public transport the world over. Ferry and walk back to your digs. There's loads of places to see on the way. Enjoy, it's a bit different to St Helens
Oh that's a shame I had heard it was nice 🤣

That would be fantastic. I have joined a couple of Manly Facebook pages including the official site so looking for an announcement.
If you are after a pre booked seat probably the Menzies/Lyons Stand at southern end of the ground as all other seated areas will be close to capacity from members.

Other than that rest of ground is General Admission ie the hill and the bench seats around the fence which is first in first served.

Personally, I'd go for that hard core supporter experience that only the hill would bring. Either left or right of the drinks shed located in the middle of the hill, so you don't have to walk to far to buy a drink.

If you are after a pre booked seat probably the Menzies/Lyons Stand at southern end of the ground as all other seated areas will be close to capacity from members.

Other than that rest of ground is General Admission ie the hill and the bench seats around the fence which is first in first served.
That's a shame I like to watch from a side and about 15 rows back.
I will see what's available when they go on sale...thanks for the help 🫡

Hi.

Wow, good on you.

Another option is

With write-up like that, you've made me want to move back to Sydney.

You might be lucky if you get in quick - Jane Try Stand would fit above but is generally sold out to season members.

Mate,

This is all she is.

Yep, as the name says it is just a grass hill. The hill is the part without a stand. With UK weather I get why you guys don't have them but we have a mild, generally dry Winter here and so sitting / standing on the hill with a beer in hand and a loud Manly crowd is a great experience. It is a generational thing. It is something that long term Manly fans did with their dad and now do the same with their kids and maybe even still with their dad if he is still around.

It's certainly not a great stadium at all but she's ours and on a Sunday afternoon with a big crowd it has a great atmosphere to rival any. It would be one of the worst / least modern stadiums in the NRL. Only stadium that is worse is the Tigers Campbeltown stadium.

The Northern Beaches is the red headed step child of government spending, It is a low priority area and an area that gets ignored whenever governments have money to spend on just about anything.

Last edited:

Sitting on and experiencing the hill largely depends on the weather, ie I'd hate for you to come all this way and it rains - being on a wet hill wouldn't be fun. My advice is to pre-book a seat in the Lyons-Menzies Stand (avoid rows A-D which are wet in the rain) so that if it does rain, you have the security of an undercover seat. If it turns out to be fine, you can always move to the hill and have that experience too. (This is why I have my reserved seat in the L-M Stand. It's a great view down the ground and awesome spot to see tries scored in the southern end.)

Also note the Western Concourse is not General Admission...they're reserved bench seats in front of the Jane Try Stand. The beauty of them is that they're on each side of the players' "dugout" and are behind the players' interchange "bench" - north side of dugout for Manly and south side of dugout for opposition bench - so the concourse is close to where the action. It's a great area for a one-off experience you may like to consider, but it's not undercover.

As for getting to and from Brookie, I agree with the others - ferry from Circular Quay and bus from Manly and B1 bus back to Wynyard are definitely the best plan for you.
Enjoy & Go Manly!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8