[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mystery to me.....

I don’t know how it got into my system’: Jennings maintains innocence in drugs saga​

By Danny Weidler and Michael Chammas

October 20, 2021 — 6.40pm
Michael Jennings has lifted the lid on the drugs saga that destroyed his career, maintaining he has no knowledge of how the illicit substance entered his system.

The former Parramatta Eels centre, who tested positive to Ligandrol and Ibutamoren in October last year, has also vowed to attempt to return to the NRL once his reduced three-year ban is over at the end of the 2023 season.
“I maintain that I have never and would never intentionally use performance enhancing substances. I built a career that I am proud of, and I am devastated that after 15 years in the game it could end like this. At all times, I have been open and assisted Sports Integrity Australia with their investigation.

“I identified for a number of possibilities of how I could have been accidentally exposed to the prohibited substance. I am unsure what, if anything, they did with that information. I also provided SIA with toxicology reports and results of hair testing, all of which were negative for the performance enhancing substance in question. To this day, I do not know, and could not know how it got into my system.”
Jennings says the decision to accept a three-year sentence isn’t an admission of guilt, rather the grim reality of how difficult it would have been to convince the NRL tribunal of his innocence.
“At great personal expense, I had presented my case to SIA and was hopeful that I had demonstrated that I had not intentionally ingested performance enhancing substances,” he said.

“It all made little difference to SIA. It was their position that I needed ‘to establish how the prohibited substances entered [my] system’ in order for the violation to be considered unintentional.
Jennings is now 33 years old and will be almost 36 by the time the 2024 NRL season comes around. However, he hasn’t given up hope of resurrecting a career in the NRL.
“One day I would love to return to the great game but for now it’s on pause,” Jennings said. “I’m focusing on my kids and work until 2023.”
Check the water bottles handed out by the Eels trainers.

Anyone watch Four Corners last night regarding the Obeids?

Interesting to see the links between them and the Parramatta fiasco - including Darcy Lussick buying an apartment from the Obieds at a bargain basement price in breach of the NRL's salary cap rules....
Yes I watched it saw Darcy revealed as someone who sent a letter to Port Macquarie Council supporting the Obeid's big development there.

They've also hired the Parra Football Manager who was charged (and fired) over the salary cap breaches.

One thing I noticed last night was vision of some cops looking through boxes etc. in the Obeid family office and I saw a signed & framed Parra jersey leaning up against a wall.

Eels back down on contract deadline to give star trio more time​

By Michael Chammas

November 11, 2021 — 6.35pm

Parramatta have avoided a showdown with three of their star players after backing down on a contract deadline imposed on Clint Gutherson, Reed Mahoney and Junior Paulo just 24 hours out from its expiry.

The Eels dropped a bomb on three of their off-contract stars earlier in the week, a move that could have had major ramifications on the club’s future.
The Eels had grown frustrated with the protracted contract negotiations and this week imposed a take-it-or-leave-it ultimatum on Gutherson, Mahoney and Paulo.
The trio, who are all managed by Sam Ayoub, originally had until the end of tomorrow to mull over respective offers on the table from the club.

However the club contacted the Herald late Thursday afternoon to declare the club had had a change of heart and decided to withdraw the deadline and avoid a likely public spat with its players.
The Eels had originally planned to head back to the drawing board to reassess its options if the players didn’t take up their respective offers by Friday.
Options included the withdrawal of the offers to some or all of the players mentioned, or potentially placing a freeze on negotiations to hit the open market and explore alternative options.

Last edited:

Eels back down on contract deadline to give star trio more time​

By Michael Chammas

November 11, 2021 — 6.35pm

Parramatta have avoided a showdown with three of their star players after backing down on a contract deadline imposed on Clint Gutherson, Reed Mahoney and Junior Paulo just 24 hours out from its expiry.

The Eels dropped a bomb on three of their off-contract stars earlier in the week, a move that could have had major ramifications on the club’s future.
The Eels had grown frustrated with the protracted contract negotiations and this week imposed a take-it-or-leave-it ultimatum on Gutherson, Mahoney and Paulo.
The trio, who are all managed by Sam Ayoub, originally had until the end of tomorrow to mull over respective offers on the table from the club.

However the club contacted the Herald late Thursday afternoon to declare the club had had a change of heart and decided to withdraw the deadline and avoid a likely public spat with its players.
The Eels had originally planned to head back to the drawing board to reassess its options if the players didn’t take up their respective offers by Friday.
Options included the withdrawal of the offers to some or all of the players mentioned, or potentially placing a freeze on negotiations to hit the open market and explore alternative options.
Gutho likes his footy but likes the $s even more, he'll stay, but will use anything and everything to leverage more coin for himself.

Gutho likes his footy but likes the $s even more, he'll stay, but will use anything and everything to leverage more coin for himself.
I think Eels have dudded Gutho on the way they have treated him. Look at the list of 50 highest paid players and he should much further up the list. I think he is after same as Luke Brooks and Andrew Fifita and probably less then Wighton.

This is the Club that has signed Curtis Scott! Character does not seem to rate over there.

I think Eels have dudded Gutho on the way they have treated him. Look at the list of 50 highest paid players and he should much further up the list. I think he is after same as Luke Brooks and Andrew Fifita and probably less then Wighton.

This is the Club that has signed Curtis Scott! Character does not seem to rate over there.
The eels have painted themselves into a corner somewhat, having so many players coming off contract all at once at the end of 21. They knew this day was coming, you're right SE, Gutho should be their highest paid player. Signing Scott makes no sense at all, must be a cut price special you would think. This signing shows where the eels are at, for recruitment and what coin they have to spend.

Problem with guffo is he is the 7th best fullback in the game and they know it. He should get 650k - 700k he is a good player but he reached his ceiling in 2020. Turbo teddy rts ponga hynes Papenhuyzen all better. Like much better!

Problem with guffo is he is the 7th best fullback in the game and they know it. He should get 650k - 700k he is a good player but he reached his ceiling in 2020. Turbo teddy rts ponga hynes Papenhuyzen all better. Like much better!
Agree, Gutho is more your inspirational follow me type of fullback, that usually gets the team pumped up and motivated. I'd say he's trying to squeeze another 50k out of the eels, we'll see what happens I guess.

It's not the players doing it, it is the manager they all share. Ayoub is well known for doing this type of crap and some clubs refuse to have more than one or none of players he manages. Warriors are one of them IIRC.

The Bears were 77 years without a premiership in their last season in the NRL in 1999. The Eels will equal them in 2063 and overtake them in 2064. You'd have to think they'll achieve that easily.
No if they don't win it next year the NRL will formally introduce a handicapping system to ensure it happens pretty darn soon. By 2064 they'll have had their stadium rebuilt and upgraded another 4 times.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2