[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes I fully agree that Snake was past his best and was also playing injured. But given that we weren't going to play Finals in 2016, he should have been allowed to finish out the season at fullback and have a much deserved farewell in front of the crowd at Brookvale. After all Brett did for Manly, he deserved better than being told he was done 3/4 of the way through the year by a blow-in rookie coach.

I believe Snake wanted to play on, both he and Matai were contracted for 2017 and medical retirement was denied by the NRL for both. Having a planned farewell before a medical retirement would have helped that cause even less.

It was messy but pinning it all on Barrett is a very simplistic way of looking at it I think.

Also, Snake's last game against the Cowboys told me he was done, notably when he batted the ball dead while we were behind with a few minutes to go, instead of risking his body trying to get the ball back into the field of play.

Still up there with the very best Sea Eagles in history and I hope Tom stays injury free long enough to at least get close.

Your complete over the top reply to The Who's simple observation that Hasler has gone 7 years without a Premiership ...

And again you raise Barrett into a discussion that had nothing to do with him ... and again you tag me in your desire to be noticed ... and again you spew irrational hatred .. all the while accusing someone else of harbouring a hatred that you claim has completely removed their ability to be impartial ...

And yet .. both the irony of that position ... and why I consider you such a fool ... remains lost on you ...
You can do better.

The Dalai is losing some of his shine it seems, well what little shine he had. Can't believe they extended his contract before the finals, you could see them choking a mile off. Love the "3 laps of the oval" quote, how funny. Hope he stays there for another 10 years achieving nothing. - below is from Danny The Worms column in the SMH

Brad to worse
Parramatta have a growing problem: the division between general manager of football Mark O’Neill and coach Brad Arthur.

In the days since the Eels went out of the finals in straight sets, losing 38-24 in dramatic fashion to Souths last weekend, Arthur has been under real pressure – somewhat unfairly, considering they were a Mitchell Moses penalty miss and a Damien Cook non-sin binning from potentially playing in a preliminary final this week.
The core of the problem is the division between O’Neill and the coach, but the cracks at the club are threatening to grow. The players and the football department are on one side; O’Neill is on the other, with the support of the club’s executive

No one at the club denies the Arthur-O’Neill rift – just the level of tension between the pair.
O’Neill has been in his role for two years and, in fairness, the Eels have had considerable success in that time. But they now want a premiership and Arthur knows where the drive to change his approach is coming from.
There was a line that got under his skin this week. “The team is not going to improve by doing another three laps of the oval,” an Eels official told me.

It’s pointed criticism, implying that Arthur’s old-school approach won’t deliver the ultimate prize and end the club’s 34-year premiership drought.The criticism of Arthur came at a sensitive time for the club as it dealt with the stunning positive drugs test for veteran centre Michael Jennings on the morning of last Saturday’s semi-final loss to the Rabbitohs. Jennings denies being a drug cheat and says he will fight to clear hisname.The Eels think the next stage in their development will come from improving the team in a holistic sense. A major criticism of the Eels has been that they are fragile and get frazzled when the blowtorch is applied.

The club has done plenty of work in the area of mindfulness and mental strength. I had lengthy chats with Ryan Matterson this year about the work he did in that area and his approach has been adopted by other players.

Perhaps part of the issue here is that Arthur, while allowing this work to go on, wasn’t driving it. O’Neill is a big believer in courses and development. He is a disciple of a man named Shane McCurry, who has had success with Richmond in the AFL. McCurry is described as a “thought leader” and he clearly wants the Eels to be the Richmond Tigers of the NRL.

While Arthur is criticised for being too old-school and not taking on new ideas, O’Neill and the Eels football department are castigated throughout the NRL for being “too bureaucratic”. Their slow decision making and negotiating frustrates many. Managers say, along with Wests Tigers, they are the most cumbersome club to deal with.

Last year’s negotiations with club captain Clint Gutherson were a case in point. Rightfully, Gutherson felt disrespected and he has proved himself to be their best player. It was not how their leader deserved to be treated and every signing the club makes is like pulling teeth.

Last edited:
The Dalai is losing some of his shine it seems, well what little shine he had. Can't believe they extended his contract before the finals, you could see them choking a mile off. Love the "3 laps of the oval" quote, how funny. Hope he stays there for another 10 years achieving nothing. - below is from Danny The Worms column in the SMH

Brad to worse
Parramatta have a growing problem: the division between general manager of football Mark O’Neill and coach Brad Arthur.

In the days since the Eels went out of the finals in straight sets, losing 38-24 in dramatic fashion to Souths last weekend, Arthur has been under real pressure – somewhat unfairly, considering they were a Mitchell Moses penalty miss and a Damien Cook non-sin binning from potentially playing in a preliminary final this week.
The core of the problem is the division between O’Neill and the coach, but the cracks at the club are threatening to grow. The players and the football department are on one side; O’Neill is on the other, with the support of the club’s executive

No one at the club denies the Arthur-O’Neill rift – just the level of tension between the pair.
O’Neill has been in his role for two years and, in fairness, the Eels have had considerable success in that time. But they now want a premiership and Arthur knows where the drive to change his approach is coming from.
There was a line that got under his skin this week. “The team is not going to improve by doing another three laps of the oval,” an Eels official told me.

It’s pointed criticism, implying that Arthur’s old-school approach won’t deliver the ultimate prize and end the club’s 34-year premiership drought.The criticism of Arthur came at a sensitive time for the club as it dealt with the stunning positive drugs test for veteran centre Michael Jennings on the morning of last Saturday’s semi-final loss to the Rabbitohs. Jennings denies being a drug cheat and says he will fight to clear hisname.The Eels think the next stage in their development will come from improving the team in a holistic sense. A major criticism of the Eels has been that they are fragile and get frazzled when the blowtorch is applied.
Cam Smith's future will be the perfect grand final smokescreen for Storm
The club has done plenty of work in the area of mindfulness and mental strength. I had lengthy chats with Ryan Matterson this year about the work he did in that area and his approach has been adopted by other players.

Perhaps part of the issue here is that Arthur, while allowing this work to go on, wasn’t driving it. O’Neill is a big believer in courses and development. He is a disciple of a man named Shane McCurry, who has had success with Richmond in the AFL. McCurry is described as a “thought leader” and he clearly wants the Eels to be the Richmond Tigers of the NRL.

While Arthur is criticised for being too old-school and not taking on new ideas, O’Neill and the Eels football department are castigated throughout the NRL for being “too bureaucratic”. Their slow decision making and negotiating frustrates many. Managers say, along with Wests Tigers, they are the most cumbersome club to deal with.

Last year’s negotiations with club captain Clint Gutherson were a case in point. Rightfully, Gutherson felt disrespected and he has proved himself to be their best player. It was not how their leader deserved to be treated and every signing the club makes is like pulling teeth.

Imploding again , don’t you just love it!

Frankly I'm amazed. They had their best season in a decade and played some brilliant RL at times so the club should be celebrating, not in-fighting. I think if I was a Doesn'tmatta fan I'd be proud of the way the team performed in most matches.
Certainly, they didn't lose nine of their last 10 matches like we did.
If we can finish in the top four in 2021 I'll be delighted.

The currently have the lead as the club with the longest premiership drought. I'll be stoked if they can achieve the Bears record of 78 years without a trophy.
Bears are almost 100 years if we cruelly count the years since 1999. Take that bears

They also hold the record for the number of times they have walked through the NRL doors with an expansion team submission .. only to leave with REJECTED stamped in red across the cover page ...

Frankly I'm amazed. They had their best season in a decade and played some brilliant RL at times so the club should be celebrating, not in-fighting. I think if I was a Doesn'tmatta fan I'd be proud of the way the team performed in most matches.

Agree ... I am no fan of Arffur the Foran whisperer ... but I am not sure O'Neill the fan of the Thought leader has enough runs on the board to challenge him ... the inmates may not be running the joint ... but between this and the group of 20 demanding that they hire 3 premiership winning coaches as Assistants ... they are certainly getting restless ... their numbnuts make our numbnuts look totally benign ..

You’re 100% right. The eels board have been pretty forgiving of wooden spoons, but are hand-wringing and infighting about a top 4 season.

I believe Snake wanted to play on, both he and Matai were contracted for 2017 and medical retirement was denied by the NRL for both. Having a planned farewell before a medical retirement would have helped that cause even less.

It was messy but pinning it all on Barrett is a very simplistic way of looking at it I think.

Also, Snake's last game against the Cowboys told me he was done, notably when he batted the ball dead while we were behind with a few minutes to go, instead of risking his body trying to get the ball back into the field of play.

Still up there with the very best Sea Eagles in history and I hope Tom stays injury free long enough to at least get close.

IIRC, Barrett apparently had a big falling out with Bozo over his decision to basically drop Snake and put Turbo at fullback. Now while Turbo playing fullback is never a bad thing for Manly, given that we were never going to play Finals in 2016, I think Snake fully deserved to finish out the season, or at the very least get to play his last game at Brookvale.

We all know that Snake was basically done by then. He was playing injured and wasn't the same player he had been. But given the circumstances of the year, having time called on his career by a blow-in rookie coach was a nice kick in the guts after all he'd done for this team and club. Why do you think until Des returned and brought him back that the only time we saw Snake at Brookvale after that was when they allowed him to do a lap of honour?

It was Barrett's decision to do that, to call time on Snake's career. So pinning it on him may be simplistic, but its still fact.

IIRC, Barrett apparently had a big falling out with Bozo over his decision to basically drop Snake and put Turbo at fullback. Now while Turbo playing fullback is never a bad thing for Manly, given that we were never going to play Finals in 2016, I think Snake fully deserved to finish out the season, or at the very least get to play his last game at Brookvale.

We all know that Snake was basically done by then. He was playing injured and wasn't the same player he had been. But given the circumstances of the year, having time called on his career by a blow-in rookie coach was a nice kick in the guts after all he'd done for this team and club. Why do you think until Des returned and brought him back that the only time we saw Snake at Brookvale after that was when they allowed him to do a lap of honour?

It was Barrett's decision to do that, to call time on Snake's career. So pinning it on him may be simplistic, but its still fact.

Do you also think Barrett alone got rid of premiership winners Buhrer and Ballin before the end of their contracts?

I find it strange that people think Bozo was responsible for the popular decisions like signing/re-signing DCE, Walker, Taupau and Turbos... but somehow had nothing to do with the tough and unpopular decisions like getting rid of Gutherson, Snake, Matai, Buhrer, Ballin and others (to make way for these signings), which were all because of Barrett apparently.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4