[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do you also think Barrett alone got rid of premiership winners Buhrer and Ballin before the end of their contracts?

I find it strange that people think Bozo was responsible for the popular decisions like signing/re-signing DCE, Walker, Taupau and Turbos... but somehow had nothing to do with the tough and unpopular decisions like getting rid of Gutherson, Snake, Matai, Buhrer, Ballin and others (to make way for these signings), which were all because of Barrett apparently.

When it comes to the team, who plays, who doesn't ... that's down to the coach. So yes I do think Barrett was responsible for calling time on Snake's career. 100% he was.

As for others like Buhrer, Ballin and Gutherson ... he most certainly had an input and as coach I'd wager a rather large one. Yes Bozo was probably involved in signings, and those we let go. But ultimately, if the coach doesn't want them.....

Barrett might not have been solely responsible for those we let go, but as head coach he certainly would have played a much bigger part than what you're implying that he did.

Frankly I'm amazed. They had their best season in a decade and played some brilliant RL at times so the club should be celebrating, not in-fighting. I think if I was a Doesn'tmatta fan I'd be proud of the way the team performed in most matches.
Certainly, they didn't lose nine of their last 10 matches like we did.
If we can finish in the top four in 2021 I'll be delighted.
Daniel Anderson took the Eels to the GF in 2009. They sacked him with one year to go on his contract and replaced him with Kearney. Parramatta exist in an alternate reality.

When it comes to the team, who plays, who doesn't ... that's down to the coach. So yes I do think Barrett was responsible for calling time on Snake's career. 100% he was.

As for others like Buhrer, Ballin and Gutherson ... he most certainly had an input and as coach I'd wager a rather large one. Yes Bozo was probably involved in signings, and those we let go. But ultimately, if the coach doesn't want them.....

Barrett might not have been solely responsible for those we let go, but as head coach he certainly would have played a much bigger part than what you're implying that he did.

I'll go back one step...

Barrett was head coach, and in my opinion, didn't do a very good job of it. But, at the risk of sounding like Woodsie, I just don't think that anything and everything that went south during that time should be pinned 100% on him.

With further hindsight, in the last 6 seasons we have missed the finals 4 times - with Toovey, Barrett and now Hasler. Obviously there are more fundamental problems in our club.

Onto Snake's retirement. You say he was past his best, but to me he looked like a complete passenger in 2016. He was playing in preservation mode and his knees and diabetes meant he was not going to suddenly improve. You cannot have players like this playing regular NRL regardless of their status.

Would you really have preferred Barrett play Snake for the rest of the season, given that he was obviously in second gear (and still missing matches with injury)?

Then what would have happened? We couldn't give him a farewell lap as he was still contracted for 2017 and (apparently) never accepted medical retirement.

The club was still talking to their managers and RLPA in early 2017, and we had to carry both Snake and Matai on the salary cap for that year. It tells me this matter was probably a more complicated matter than was let on (i.e. blaming it on the NRL).

So yes, I think it was a no-win situation, and 100% blaming Barrett for the manner of Snake's retirement seems a bit short-sighted to me.

But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Hahaha so now all the whinging worms are crying that the queen was robbed of the Dally M. ****sake give it up you pathetic bunch of losers. Face it, Parra are destined to be a loser club. Most wooden spoons. 34 years since last GF win. 34 years before they won 1. They just need to accept it. They're sh*t.

So Mick Potter won the Dally M (or equivalent) twice. He is rarely spoken about - was he that good?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4