[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As funny as it is to watch this play out in the papers, it’s just brinkmanship 101 to get a better deal. Plain & simple.
It'll get sorted. Turdy will stump up the cash to ensure the golden child of the west gets their shiny new stadium. Meanwhile we'll continue to chew on the leftover sh*t sandwiches that Turdy throws out.

Sheesh, it's kinda obvious guys (and gals)...

Parra want to play over here at Brookie!

No team has achieved wooden spoon status with brookie as their home ground and it'll make it easier for their coach to see which current Manly players they want to throw buckets of money at to ruin their future careers.

They can then pay half the ground rental, the nrl wont allow Parra to have less than the best anything (except dental plans) so Brookie will finally get re-developed and as the media say it's only Manly fans who wont travel, Brookie will be filled every weekend with even more of the great unwashed!

I guess there's only..... one tiny flaw with that, but we just need a big enough carpet to sweep things under. TG's carpets 'r us has a special on.

Of course, in the end, the Government will have no choice but to do a deal with the Eels and Wanderers, because to not do so would be a crippling humiliation for them – but the better the deal they do for the sports team, the more we taxpayers will be slugged.......

from the smh article.

So the eels get yet another great deal!

Could....always let them fold. Isn't that the new nrl mantra?

Yep and not sure how it's all going to work.
New "Allianz" at Moore Park expected to ready for 2022 season

ANZ refurb is expected to start after next season and completed by mid 2021.
Not sure if it's out of action for all that time though.
Yes it is as a member of ANZ stadium myself after the 2019 nrl grand final the place closes down and is out of action until mid year 2021 with the 2020 GF being played at the SCG.

Waratahs lock in three home matches at new Western Sydney stadium
Georgina Robinson18 October 2018 — 11:02am
The Waratahs will play three games at the new Western Sydney Stadium next season in a deal announced in Parramatta on Thursday.

The 2014 Super Rugby champions and 2018 semi-finalists will host the Sharks, the Jaguares and the Brumbies at the 30,000-seat venue, while their home ground Allianz Stadium is demolished ahead of a controversial rebuild.

05e29a4f03cb053f208524de8d8f0bdaaedb9f64

Home cooking: The Waratahs have announced some host venues to cope with Allianz Stadium's looming demolition.AAP

Two other home games will be played at a suburban ground in Sydney and a regional stadium, with a further three matches to be held at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

NSW Rugby boss Andrew Hore made the announcement alongside NSW sports minister Stuart Ayres.

More to come

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...w-western-sydney-stadium-20181018-p50ae7.html

Think the suburban ground they will play will be brookvale oval

I wonder if the Tahs are being charged the same amount as the Eels were asked to pay, according to Fitzy's article it was 3 times what the Eels payed per game at the old stadium.

I drive past the new stadium pretty regularly and have been watching the build progress. It is and will be amazing. It will be the best stadium in Sydney by a long way. I am so jealous. For sure the eels will sort their **** out and will get a better deal ...... but I guess if anyone can **** this up they will.

I wonder if the Tahs are being charged the same amount as the Eels were asked to pay, according to Fitzy's article it was 3 times what the Eels payed per game at the old stadium.

The Tahs don't have a "home" and are spreading themselves around so no doubt they should be paying more than the Eels, they would expect to use the westie stadium part time ( 3 games?) for a year, maybe two.

The argument the Eels are putting up is that they are one of only two Major tenants looking at a 15 year + lease. 11-12 games a year plus could bring in a naming sponsor.

The Tahs don't have a "home" and are spreading themselves around so no doubt they should be paying more than the Eels, they would expect to use the westie stadium part time ( 3 games?) for a year, maybe two.

The argument the Eels are putting up is that they are one of only two Major tenants looking at a 15 year + lease. 11-12 games a year plus could bring in a naming sponsor.

The stadium’s counter argument is no doubt - what is your alternative? Play at Homebush and alienate your fanbase (and lose all the pre and post match pokie revenue)? What they paid before is irrelevant as that stadium no longer exists. I don’t think Parra are in as strong a bargaining position as they think they are. I hope the stadium holds their ground and makes them pay.

The stadium’s counter argument is no doubt - what is your alternative? Play at Homebush and alienate your fanbase (and lose all the pre and post match pokie revenue)? What they paid before is irrelevant as that stadium no longer exists. I don’t think Parra are in as strong a bargaining position as they think they are. I hope the stadium holds their ground and makes them pay.
That's true but forcing Parra to pay more and then increase their membership fees will also alienate their fan base and lead to lower attendance.

So they're basically stranded unless either the government reduce the stadium fees or Parra pay the difference to keep membership fees affordable for their fans.

Simple solution for the NSW Government who have done more backflips than a Russian gymnast.
Sell off Wentworth Park, netting a fortune, and build a greyhound track inside the new Parramatta Stadium, as they used to have at the Gabba!
Knowing that the Government has now embraced greyhound racing so passionately, and their love of gambling revenue, it's a win-win.
Imagine the excitement of the Westies: Being able to double up on on the first try scorer and the dog that wins the next race?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8