[Resurrected] Lol @ Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know, I know. But I still reckon you won't be able to help yourself having a few sly digs at us, for old time sake. ha ha. For me it is just a rational hatred for Baz. Didn't like him before Manly, defo didn't like him at Manly and surprise surprise I am delighted he is gone. And yep, still hate him.

Problem is ... how do 2 people agree on what is success for an NRL coach ??

If it is simply Premierships ... then over 90% of coaches are failures ... what about win %'s .... number of final series made but with 50% making them that would be just average .. quality of roster and coaching staff attracted to the club ....manifest improvement in individual and team performances .. is consistent high achievement over many years without a trophy failure ?

So what would make Bulldogs a success next year ... going from 3 wins to 6 wins ? .. going from 15th to say 11th ?

Which amazes me ... when would you suggest a person gives notice ? When it became clear that Penn was not going to give him the resources promised ... Either he wimped it and became a patsy ... or he stood by his principles and resigned immediately ... how long was left on his contract would be immaterial and I doubt it would have enterd his calculations ...

Are you suggesting he should have just stayed quite and resigned at the end of the year ... giving the club less time to find a new coach ?? ... or negotiated with other clubs behind peoples backs like Dessie did ??
What we are suggesting feathered friend ...
We are suggesting he stayed and showed tenacity and skill that was required to lift not only his falling statues but also the Sea eagles from the bottom of the ladder
It is evident his true character and lack of character was revealed in times of adversity.

If it is simply Premierships ... then over 90% of coaches are failures ... what about win %'s .... number of final series made but with 50% making them that would be just average .. quality of roster and coaching staff attracted to the club ....manifest improvement in individual and team performances .. is consistent high achievement over many years without a trophy failure ?

So what would make Bulldogs a success next year ... going from 3 wins to 6 wins ? .. going from 15th to say 11th ?
Premierships, Grand Final appearances and number of finals series played are certainly the markers most people would go by. Fortunately, for us Manly people, Dessie's numbers are sublime.

In eighteen seasons as a head he has made the finals on fifteen occasions. The Grand Final on five occasions and won two premierships. I hear most of the players rate him as well @Woodsie.

When do you think Baz might win one? He's got a VERY experienced coaching staff now and world class facilities. Signed some big names as well. They are looking great for next season mate...

Premierships, Grand Final appearances and number of finals series played are certainly the markers most people would go by. Fortunately, for us Manly people, Dessie's numbers are sublime.

In 18 seasons as a head he has made the finals on fifteen occasions. The Grand Final on five occasions and won two premierships. I hear most of the players rate him as well @Woodsie.

I agree ... but then again I have always been a fan of Dessie ...

Just a shame about that little matter of him signing a deal with Greenturd during Grandfinal week and announcing he was leaving the day after the game without warning .... but I am glad you are big enough, like me put that behind us ...

But can you imagine that there are still some people that Hail Dessie ... but condemn Baz, as a rookie coach, for having the courage and principle to tell Penn to stick it as soon as he learnt Penn wasn't going to fund the club up to best industry levels ... go fiqure ..

In eighteen seasons as a head he has made the finals on fifteen occasions. The Grand Final on five occasions and won two premierships. I hear most of the players rate him as well @Woodsie.

When do you think Baz might win one? He's got a VERY experienced coaching staff now and world class facilities. Signed some big names as well. They are looking great for next season mate...
Trying to compare Des with Trent are you @Kevinward777 ?
No comparison .
The only comparison is the head coach title and not the premiership titles ;)

How about a team that plays to their ability, can adjust tactics and play smart, and not repeat the same mistakes week after week?

win or lose, those attributes would show me that the coaching was good.

Which amazes me ... when would you suggest a person gives notice ? When it became clear that Penn was not going to give him the resources promised ... Either he wimped it and became a patsy ... or he stood by his principles and resigned immediately ... how long was left on his contract would be immaterial and I doubt it would have enterd his calculations ...

Are you suggesting he should have just stayed quite and resigned at the end of the year ... giving the club less time to find a new coach ?? ... or negotiated with other clubs behind peoples backs like Dessie did ??

I think it would have been best for all parties, and Im being very selfish here... when Barrett walked, Penn should have followed.

I agree ... but then again I have always been a fan of Dessie ...

Just a shame about that little matter of him signing a deal with Greenturd during Grandfinal week and announcing he was leaving the day after the game without warning .... but I am glad you are big enough, like me put that behind us ...

But can you imagine that there are still some people that Hail Dessie ... but condemn Baz, as a rookie coach, for having the courage and principle to tell Penn to stick it as soon as he learnt Penn wasn't going to fund the club up to best industry levels ... go fiqure ..
Courage
Lets put courage in perspective shall we ?
Any one can tell some one to stick it and take the money and run . That takes no courage at al

Courageous people do not run away from the job at hand . They have the self confidence of their ability and the courage to get the job done and prove to every one that they are conquerors and not quitters
Your mate Woodsie is a quitter and that is a fact

I think it would have been best for all parties, and Im being very selfish here... when Barrett walked, Penn should have followed.
The difference here is one has character and is not a quitter feathered friend
This is why he did not follow

Courage
Lets put courage in perspective shall we ?
Any one can tell some one to stick it and take the money and run . That takes no courage at al

Courageous people do not run away from the job at hand . They have the self confidence of their ability and the courage to get the job done and prove to every one that they are conquerors and not quitters
Your mate Woodsie is a quitter and that is a fact

So if you took your current job ... on the basis that your boss would provide you with the staff and resources req'd to do a professional job ... and then went back on his word ... you would just carry on like a muppet and pretend every thing was just dandy ....

But at least you could tell yourself that you were a conqueror and not a quitter ... FMD

So if you took your current job ... on the basis that your boss would provide you with the staff and resources req'd to do a professional job ... and then went back on his word ... you would just carry on like a muppet and pretend every thing was just dandy ....

But at least you could tell yourself that you were a conqueror and not a quitter ... FMD

That is how you see it but it is not how most Manly supporters see it
How one would respond under those circumstances is on the character they have
If I have been given a head coach role with a great quality team to work with and the assistance of a great Immortal
I would not have the arrogance and piss the immortal off and try to go solo being a rookie coach that I am .
I would also have self pride and confidence in my ability and stick around and get the job done and prove that I am a conqueror and not a quitter

IMO, what would make Barrett a success next season is if the club returned to being 'The Dogs of War'. They were always tough and hard to beat; a lot like Manly pre-2014.
You knew when playing Canterbury that they would grind out the 80-minutes. So, if Canterbury in 2021 can push for an 8-11 finishing spot I'd regarded that as a successful year for Barrett.
I'm hoping Manly can sneak into the top eight in 2021 and anything less would be a failed year. I don't want to be reading the same excuse of "too many injuries" again next season if we can't be a serious threat to the top eight.

IMO, what would make Barrett a success next season is if the club returned to being 'The Dogs of War'. They were always tough and hard to beat; a lot like Manly pre-2014.
You knew when playing Canterbury that they would grind out the 80-minutes. So, if Canterbury in 2021 can push for an 8-11 finishing spot I'd regarded that as a successful year for Barrett.
I'm hoping Manly can sneak into the top eight in 2021 and anything less would be a failed year. I don't want to be reading the same excuse of "too many injuries" again next season if we can't be a serious threat to the top eight.
Wow... your expectations are incredibly underwhelming as far as the dogs next season is concerned. They are signing representative quality players, assistants and All Blacks to help with the coaching, have state of the art training facilities, and your median return is as low as eleventh? Surely not.

You are so very gracious when you choose to be.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4