[Resurrected] Lol @ Dogs

Hansen will come along, give a couple of motivational speeches and then be completely irrelevant to the actual season.

This is the biggest hype I've read for a while.
Some are comparing Hansen with Lowe
Lets put things in perspective ....
Lowe had an career and expertise with League before he came to Manly whilst Hansen has no league expertise and experience and will be a League Rookie in 2021 and will join the Rookie head coach Trent .
So it looks like the dogs will be run by a bunch of Rookies
Smart move by the smart dogs and the smart Barrett

This is the man that will motivate the dogs
I can see him entering the dressing room before the game proudly wearing his Rugby Union medals emulating Winston Churchill and with the failed and inexperienced quitting head coach by his side the Dogs are certain to be a formidable force in 2021

Steve_Hansen_KNZM_(cropped).jpg

Being all blacks coach is the equivalent of winning the lottery. It is the dominant sport in NZ, with the pick of the athletes, many of whom are blessed with the genes that ensure they will be big and strong. Possibly the all blacks coach could do nothing and the team would still dominate. Probably one of the easiest jobs on earth.

Rugby league in Australia is a completely different thing.

Lol just turned on to talkin bulldogs expecting they'd be crowing about a Dog resurgence but the opposite, they are not impressed with how the Dogs are shaping, apparently all people with Dogs history are pushed out. A Dogs spoon next year would go a long way to making it a successful season in my eyes :)

Smart boy is young Trent ... putting some good people in place on and off the field ... if only Penn wasn't such a **** and had backed him ...
I'm pleased with Des myself. Four time premiership winning player/coach who had us a whisker away from a prelim final last year. But each to their own I suppose. Have you considered following the Goons or Dogs? Trent has strong ties with both those clubs and perhaps you might be happier there.

What will a high performance consultant do anyway?

As for punting Price, Great to see the family club looking after their own again. Barrett is following the same script he had at Manly - gut the joint and start again, stuff the club culture and history because he thinks he knows better.
Good to see the disdain for Barrett here is still alive and well,despite him making necessary adjustments to the Dogs.What was he supposed to do?The club is in turmoil,whatever club culture from days of yore is in tatters and you could hardly call them the “family club” even when Hasler was there

Lol just turned on to talkin bulldogs expecting they'd be crowing about a Dog resurgence but the opposite, they are not impressed with how the Dogs are shaping, apparently all people with Dogs history are pushed out. A Dogs spoon next year would go a long way to making it a successful season in my eyes :)
After unsuccessful stints at Manly and Canterbury, Penrith assistant coach Trent Barrett has been signed by the Raiders to take on the head coach reins. Barrett has created some waves already by pushing aside Raiders legends Ricky Stuart and the entire Furner family. A host of young panthers are rumoured to be following Barrett to the club.

Penrith godfather Gus Gould said that Barrett is the best young coach in the game and believes he is ready to step up once again from assistant coach.

After unsuccessful stints at Manly, Canterbury and Canberra, Penrith assistant coach Trent Barrett has been signed by Eastern Suburbs to take on the head coach role. Barrett has already ruffled feathers by clashing with Nick Politis, and has asked favourite sons Craig Fitzgibbon and Brad Fittler to stay away from training. Up to 8 Penrith prodigies are rumoured to be following Barrett to the club.

Penrith godfather Gus Gould said that Barrett is the best young coach in the game and believes he is ready to step up once again from assistant coach.

After unsuccessful stints at Manly, Canterbury, Canberra and Easts, Penrith assistant coach Trent Barrett has been signed by Parramatta as head coach for 2035. A contrite Barrett told Dean Ritchie, in an exclusive, that he had learned his lessons from previous clubs and will invite Parramatta legends back into the fold. "yeah, nah my policy of ignoring club legends like Bozo was probably a bad move in hindsight."

Already Denis Fitzgerald, Ray Price, Moses Obeid and Scott Seward have been welcomed back. 28 Penrith juniors are rumoured to be following Barrett to the Eels, who are hoping to avoid their 5th straight wooden spoon.

Last edited:
After unsuccessful stints at Manly and Canterbury, Penrith assistant coach Trent Barrett has been signed by the Raiders to take on the head coach reins. Barrett has created some waves already by pushing aside Raiders legends Ricky Stuart and the entire Furner family. A host of young panthers are rumoured to be following Barrett to the club.

After unsuccessful stints at Manly, Canterbury and Canberra, Penrith assistant coach Trent Barrett has been signed by Eastern Suburbs to take on the head coach role. Barrett has already ruffled feathers by clashing with Nick Politis, and has asked favourite sons Craig Fitzgibbon and Brad Fittler to stay away from training. Up to 8 Penrith prodigies are rumoured to be following Barrett to the club.

After unsuccessful stints at Manly, Canterbury, Canberra and Easts, Penrith assistant coach Trent Barrett has been signed by Parramatta as head coach for 2035. A contrite Barrett told Dean Ritchie, in an exclusive, that he had learned his lessons from previous clubs and will invite Parramatta legends back into the fold. "yeah, nah my policy of ignoring club legends like Bozo was probably a bad move in hindsight."

Already Denis Fitzgerald, Ray Price, Moses Obeid and Scott Seward have been welcomed back. 28 Penrith juniors are rumoured to be following Barrett to the Eels, who are hoping to avoid their 5th straight wooden spoon.

That's bloody hilarious!

Nice way to get some members to sign up...I wonder how involved he would actually be

What will a high performance consultant do anyway?

As for punting Price, Great to see the family club looking after their own again. Barrett is following the same script he had at Manly - gut the joint and start again, stuff the club culture and history because he thinks he knows better.
As Bozo alluded to, he is the Gardener. I think Chance is a good nickname, as in Chance the Gardener, aka Chauncey Gardiner (Peter Sellers) in Being There.

Earlier posts lament the loss of Manly's once strong ties to NZ.
More recently, what has happened to our links to Canterbury (NZ) and the South Island?
We were taking one match a season there, and it seemed to be a recipe for success.
Have we given up on that pathway? I hope not as it seemed to me to put Manly at an advantage over over clubs.

Earlier posts lament the loss of Manly's once strong ties to NZ.
More recently, what has happened to our links to Canterbury (NZ) and the South Island?
We were taking one match a season there, and it seemed to be a recipe for success.
Have we given up on that pathway? I hope not as it seemed to me to put Manly at an advantage over over clubs.
There were so many whining about the Penns taking games away from Brookie... perhaps he listened. More proof that you can’t please them all.

Smart boy is young Trent ... putting some good people in place on and off the field ... if only Penn wasn't such a **** and had backed him ...
Go to bed Trent you are drunk @;). But in all seriousness Woodsie really???? My god, Kev777 and myself are in for a tough year on here if he starts winning @:D, I am guessing you won't hold back and won't let us forget that he really is actually brilliant and it was everyone else's fault that he STILL hasn't won a premiership. Loves an excuse young Trent.

Go to bed Trent you are drunk @;). But in all seriousness Woodsie really???? My god, Kev777 and myself are in for a tough year on here if he starts winning @:D, I am guessing you won't hold back and won't let us forget that he really is actually brilliant and it was everyone else's fault that he STILL hasn't won a premiership. Loves an excuse young Trent.
Let's not forget twenty had Bozo in his corner in the hensen role, not exactly a novice.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2