Lodge, you Monster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Sign him on another T & T contract next season.

No other club will be chasing him, no need for us to act in haste.

Yes he’s played well in the 2 games he’s played for us but there’s no need to throw the chequebook at him.

Aren't ACL's 9+ months to rehabilitate? Then bear in mind, he'd be doing that without a club / contract / doctors / physio's etc. That's next season GOOORRNN for him at least I reckon mate

TBH, I honestly hope the guy has Income Protection Insurance.

Ouch - there goes any chance of a contract for him next season ! Best of luck Matt Lodge. I hear Coles are looking for picker / packers
I don't think that will pay a northern beaches mortgage.....hopefully for his sake he got a tidy sum from the Roosters before leaving.

Seibold looked shell shocked when discussing Lodge in the presser...I actually wondered if we had already signed him but it just hadn't been announced.

That’s terrible luck. Just insane luck. We’ve lost three props in two weeks for the season. I guess Keppie comes back in for him next week.

I don't think that will pay a northern beaches mortgage.....hopefully for his sake he got a tidy sum from the Roosters before leaving.

Seibold looked shell shocked when discussing Lodge in the presser...I actually wondered if we had already signed him but it just hadn't been announced.

Let's hope it's not registered, and don't forget the cooling off periods. Honestly, he's probably one of our best big boys, but we HAVE to diversify our middles. We can't continue to be this slow and immobile.

Aren't ACL's 9+ months to rehabilitate? Then bear in mind, he'd be doing that without a club / contract / doctors / physio's etc. That's next season GOOORRNN for him at least I reckon mate

Why? He’s past three years he’s earnt about 1.5million - prob more! He doesn’t need income protection squat.

9 months takes us to end of April next year so it might be worth retaining him on a T & T contract.

Why? He’s past three years he’s earnt about 1.5million - prob more! He doesn’t need income protection squat.

Guarantee if he has a family, wife, kids - all that other stuff, Income Protection would be absolutely needed mate.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
You reckon? Would not even make our top 5 for worst contracts…

Manase, Myles, Schuster, Kimmorley, Field…

NEVER believe that “we would not be stupid enough”…

Mate, I meant if he's got an ACL, the club won't likely sign him on next season. I hope his headspace is okay tbh. I shouldn't have made a joke earlier about Coles tbh.

Weird circumstances have strangely made me feel sorry for someone I thought (and probably still think) is a lowlife…

On the coverage they said he is still being paid by Warriors for this season. Manly will sign him for next season but much cheaper than what he got previously. 6 to 9 months means he can be back running in Jan. we need him more for the depth and his style of play which can be taught to others middle forwards. In his 2.15 appearances for us when he was on we had go forward and offloads from him and quick play the ball. When he was off the field we were the old self where forwards has no grunt.

Seibs did say he is looking for experienced middle forwards and he fits that mold, and someone like Luke Thomson is available as well. We need at least a couple of good rugged middle forwards who hit hard, run his hard, and can offload.

This sounds horrible, I know, but with an already very much sub par roster, we can't afford to carry Matt Lodge now. I'd also be very surprised if anyone else picks him up.

The only way out club changes, is you know, by CHANGING.

Think Liam Martin. Carrigan. Cam Murray, Leniu, Radley, Cotter, Haas, Tino, Fifita types. That's how we'll improve. Not absolute plonkers like Woods, Boyle, Condon, Tuilagi, Aloiai etc etc etc. If we are carrying Jake's lack of mobility on the field, the rest need to be mobile intense players to compensate (and Jake is a great player and fills a role).

We need to progress now. We've been arse far too long.

Worse case for him you would expect would be for him to be back mid season. Surely signing him on a 2-3 yr deal reflecting his lack of game time early next year would be good business? And fwiw I didn't want to touch him with a ten foot pole originally. We should be having a clear out at the end of this season so I think we can carry him for half a season.

Would not make a heap of sense to sign him until you see how he recovers (he would be covered by the club I am pretty sure) which is why we will prob sign him for at least 3 years

Recovery time usually 6-9 months. Best case he misses the 1st month of the season.
We should definitely sign him up and may be on the cheap as well considering his circumstance now.
I would be giving him a 2 year contract with a 3rd in the clubs favour.
We could get him for $400k per year which would be a steal for someone like him

I do really feel sorry for him but ACL injuries are terrible for big forwards that are already lacking leg speed. I wasn’t certain he was the answer before the injury, let alone now.

The club will not compete for anything with a big slow pack. It’s killing us. Signing a guy that will lose half a yard of pace and be unavailable until about rd.10 next year, is fraught with danger. I said weeks ago we needed Hama Sele and bloody Flanagan thought the same thing and now he’s off to the Fragons 😡

How unfortunate for that guy.
Its almost like karma is catching up with him for some reason?
Has he done anything in the past that might warrant this?

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8